Options

Melissa and Joey

Comments

• Options
    Stefano92Stefano92 Posts: 66,394
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I was a fan of The Class, but that was cancelled to make way for The Big Bang Theory. Can't win 'em all.

The Class was a great show... has me wonder really. It was cancelled even though judging by Wikipedia, it was getting good ratings, in fact, it was replaced with Big Bang who in the first season was getting the same or less viewers... how come Big Bang was renewed for a 2nd season and The Class wasn't with pretty much identical viewers?
  • Options
    LudwigVonDrakeLudwigVonDrake Posts: 12,836
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sometimes its hard to figure out what the TV execs are thinking. Maybe they did think that The Class had run out of steam, despite the ratings. I suppose they felt that Big Bang would be a bigger hit, in which case their gamble paid off.
  • Options
    Joe_ZelJoe_Zel Posts: 20,832
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    TBBT might have had more viewers within the 18-49 demographic.

It's not total viewers that's important, but the demos.
  • Options
    Colonel_JasperColonel_Jasper Posts: 1,016
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Joey Lawrence is so HOT!:blush:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ^lol best bit of the opening titles is his 'victory dance'. :blush:
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 361
    Forum Member
    Joey Lawrence is so HOT!:blush:

Indeed he is. ;-)
    ^lol best bit of the opening titles is his 'victory dance'. :blush:

That is my favourite bit as well. I do love the theme song.
  • Options
    Colonel_JasperColonel_Jasper Posts: 1,016
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I love Joe and Mel together! I can only hope that will be the real outcome before the end of this season.

Oooh that kiss!<3 I only wish I could do that to him, Damn! He's so heavenly gorgeous! Those muscles in tonight's episode! Aaaaah!!!<3 He's too beautiful!!!!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I had to cringe at the kiss down to the fact that the audience seemed to be invoking the memory of every Saved By The Bell / California Dreams etc., audience by squee'ing the entire time.
  • Options
    KrisHaywardKrisHayward Posts: 4,537
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    E4 has tonight's episode listed as the first episode of season 4 but it was in the middle of a long season 3 in America. Season 4 there has only aired one episode, a Halloween special.
  • Options
    NoEntry2kNoEntry2k Posts: 14,994
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    E4 has tonight's episode listed as the first episode of season 4 but it was in the middle of a long season 3 in America. Season 4 there has only aired one episode, a Halloween special.

Yep, it's actually the first episode of season 3 part 2 (it took a mid season break in the US), and not season 4.
  • Options
    auntiemauntiem Posts: 450
    Forum Member
    Catching up on recent episodes...
    Did anyone else notice the latest STTW connection - Aaron Jacobs mum (Faith Prince) playing Joey's mum.

+1000000 to all the above comments re Joey being HOT!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    NoEntry2k wrote: »
    Yep, it's actually the first episode of season 3 part 2 (it took a mid season break in the US), and not season 4.
    Is that why Austin joked "its like we've been standing here for months!" ? :D
    auntiem wrote: »
    Catching up on recent episodes...
    Did anyone else notice the latest STTW connection - Aaron Jacobs mum (Faith Prince) playing Joey's mum.
    I knew I knew her from something. Just couldn't place it.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Felt a little bit for Mel when everyone abandoned her at least Joey stayed. I know it came together in the end but before hand it pulled a little at the heart strings.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yeah, it felt a little out of character for Ryder and Lenox to just ditch her, but I guess it was needed for that warm fuzzy Christmas episode ending.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I guess Melissa & Joey is the new Mike & Molly to DS....

What do you mean?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ^Just that Mike & Molly was deemed "unfunny" and "awful" by many, even the shows main thread was called "Mike & Molly - dire stuff".

Although thankfully this thread is a predominantly positive one for Melissa & Joey, it was just those few comments about how "diabolical" the show is that reminded me of the Mike & Molly situation.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I see that Nick Robinson (Ryder) is in the Jurassic World.
  • Options
    PaperSkinPaperSkin Posts: 1,327
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Its one of those casually watch while you eat or just want to sit/lie back for a bit shows for me, which I like.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ^Just that Mike & Molly was deemed "unfunny" and "awful" by many, even the shows main thread was called "Mike & Molly - dire stuff".

Although thankfully this thread is a predominantly positive one for Melissa & Joey, it was just those few comments about how "diabolical" the show is that reminded me of the Mike & Molly situation.

Ahh right. :)

Am I the only one hoping for a Lennox and Zander reunion?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think the actor playing Zander is great. Quite good with comic timing. He's got some funny facial expressions as well, reminds me of Will Sasso.
  • Options
    auntiemauntiem Posts: 450
    Forum Member
    Loving the guest appearances. Did anyone else notice Tamera Mowry (one half of Sister-Sister) as Gillian on Friday?
  • Options
    carl.waringcarl.waring Posts: 35,713
    Forum Member
    ^ Me!

Although, to be fair, it was more a case of "I'm sure I've seen her before somewhere but can't place it!" before a quick internet search :D
  • Options
    Booty luvBooty luv Posts: 2,525
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    auntiem wrote: »
    Loving the guest appearances. Did anyone else notice Tamera Mowry (one half of Sister-Sister) as Gillian on Friday?

I'm loving the cameos we get in Melissa and Joey. Seeing Tamera Mowry and Elizabeth Berkley feature in recent episodes has helped me relive my teenage years :)
  • Options
    duffsdadduffsdad Posts: 11,143
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm not sure about letting my daughter (12) watch this anymore. Lennox's slept with three guys and she's only what 17? and Ryder's still at school and having sex with a single mum. I like that it's kind of like real life...it's one of the few shows that has their main characters regularly drinking.

I'll still watch :D Joey's much hotter without this fake hair though. Just caught him and Melissa in My Fake Fiancee...smoking :D
  • Options
    Marie4evaMarie4eva Posts: 1,296
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    duffsdad wrote: »
    I'm not sure about letting my daughter (12) watch this anymore. Lennox's slept with three guys and she's only what 17? and Ryder's still at school and having sex with a single mum. I like that it's kind of like real life...it's one of the few shows that has their main characters regularly drinking.

I'll still watch :D Joey's much hotter without this fake hair though. Just caught him and Melissa in My Fake Fiancee...smoking :D

Melissa Joan Hart said in a interview its not really meant to be family show even though it appears to me....I think they trying to be funny like Everybody likes Raymond but upping it a bit with the adult stuff