Yodel :-( The worst delivery company!

tony13579tony13579 Posts: 1,145
Forum Member
✭✭✭
On April 5th a company sent me a box of stuff costing £130 via Yodel Next day service, the next day it arrived at my local depot. it has stayed there. There have been no delivery attempts. I can track it, I can ring them up, I have emaild them. There is nothing they can do. They have problems at the local depot! I am told the people will be working overtime at the weekend. I can't even pick MY stuff up!

They can't tell me when my 24 hour delivery will arrive. I MEAN IT'S ONLY 200 HOURS LATE!
I have heard stories about them. They are a joke.

Do not entrust your business reputation to this company.

My project has stalled, hit the buffers, run out of steam.

End of rant! :(

Comments

• allaboardallaboard Posts: 1,940
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    They are awful. Christmas prezzies chucked over the gate and left in the rain. Got nowhere trying to talk to them about it. Gave up in the end.
    Am going to be checking who delivers (if I can) when ordering on internet and will refuse to buy if they use Yodel.
    To many stories from other people I know suggesting they are completely unprofessional.
  • bingomanbingoman Posts: 23,927
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    They were on Watchdog a few weeks ago and a couple of Sercutiy(sp) camara's caught a couple of Drivers, one threw an XBOX over a garden wall and another one signed for the Parcel truly shocking:confused:
  • s2ks2k Posts: 7,410
    Forum Member
    The only time I ever used a company that delivered by Yodel the item was found left on my driveway. There were 2 people in the house at the time and neither of us heard the door go. According to the retailer it was supposed to be a signed delivery.

Based on some of the horror stories Ive read and been told by others, it seems like I got off fairly lightly.
  • jriojrio Posts: 3,135
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Drivers are "self-employed" and work for peanuts. It doesn't excuse the abysmal level of service but you can see where it comes from.

An Amazon book I didn't receive was recorded by the driver as having been signed for by "Dave". I was at the premises at the time he claimed to have delivered it.
  • Butcher BillButcher Bill Posts: 2,408
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I get deliveries from yodel and you never know what's going to turn up.

Today it was a woman in a clapped out Zafira with a little kid handing the parcel over and getting me to sign while she waved at me from the car.
  • far2coolfar2cool Posts: 6,334
    Forum Member
    I've never had dealing with this company and I'm glad as I've heard nothing but bad things about them

I guess that's the bad thing about delivery companies, you don't get to chose whether you're one of their customers or not - so I might not to be able to avoid them much longer...
  • HazzaGrazzaHazzaGrazza Posts: 2,134
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    They are shocking. I try to avoid companies that use Yodel at all cost.
  • zx50zx50 Posts: 91,229
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    tony13579 wrote: »
    On April 5th a company sent me a box of stuff costing £130 via Yodel Next day service, the next day it arrived at my local depot. it has stayed there. There have been no delivery attempts. I can track it, I can ring them up, I have emaild them. There is nothing they can do. They have problems at the local depot! I am told the people will be working overtime at the weekend. I can't even pick MY stuff up!

They can't tell me when my 24 hour delivery will arrive. I MEAN IT'S ONLY 200 HOURS LATE!
    I have heard stories about them. They are a joke.

Do not entrust your business reputation to this company.

My project has stalled, hit the buffers, run out of steam.

End of rant! :(

They 'failed' to deliver my parcel on THREE occasions, then only delivered it on the fourth occasion because Amazon must have given them a kick up the backside. It even got to the stage where Amazon had gone through the process of refunding my money for the remaining items in my order before Yodel finally delivered my parcel the next day (yesterday). They're an absolute joke! The first email I got from Amazon, they said that Yodel had claimed that the parcel had been delivered.....which it hadn't. If it had already been delivered, how come they finally delivered it 240 hours later? I told Amazon nearly exactly what I thought of them (had to remain professional within emails) and they said my feedback would be useful when reviewing them. I wish Amazon would get rid of these clowns. Amazon is a fantastic company and these lot are dragging them back a lot of the time.
  • evil cevil c Posts: 7,833
    Forum Member
    I had an Amazon parcel delivered by Yodel whilst I was out and they left the 'sorry I missed you' card wedged between my front door and the doorframe at a height of 5 feet clearly visible to any passer-by. Yodel left the parcel with my next door neighbour. I complained to Amazon and asked that Yodel never do this again.
  • Kenny MacleanKenny Maclean Posts: 1,318
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
  • SambdaSambda Posts: 6,185
    Forum Member

I don't mind Amazon using them for their economy delivery. What I don't like (or understand) is that if you choose their "1st class" delivery, the package sometimes comes by Royal Mail and sometimes still by Yodel! The "first class" option should be RM only, otherwise it ain't much of an alternative. I don't mind paying the extra for a definite RM delivery, so why not offer it? It wouldn't affect whatever advertising they do about being the cheapest inc. delivery (or whatever) as they could still quote their economy service for that.

Yodel also want a signature even for the most trivial thing like a £3.99 DVD!

I tend to get my books, DVDs etc. on Ebay now as they put the method of delivery on the adverts (e.g. 1st class, 2nd class, recorded, courier etc.) - you can then shop around for e.g. Royal Mail no-sig-required or whatever.
  • indianwellsindianwells Posts: 12,702
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yodel are bloody useless. I buy a hell of a lot from Amazon but that is going down to zero purchases until they get rid of them.
  • housegirlhousegirl Posts: 6,017
    Forum Member
    bingoman wrote: »
    They were on Watchdog a few weeks ago and a couple of Sercutiy(sp) camara's caught a couple of Drivers, one threw an XBOX over a garden wall and another one signed for the Parcel truly shocking:confused:

I remember watching it

http://www.bbc.co.uk/blogs/watchdog/2012/03/yodel.html
  • BatchBatch Posts: 3,344
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'd gladly pay extra not to have anything delivered by Yodel.

Other than occasional staggering incompetence by their drivers (leave package at wrong address on doorstep in rain, etc), their "customer services" are a joke. Hard to get hold of, incorrect information, etc. And despite living in a borough of 180K people the local delivery centre is an 80 mile round trip making collecting parcels from them extremely difficult.

If it wasn't for the fact we have a reception area at work I can get parcels delivered to I'd actively avoid companied using Yodel (not that you can always tell)
  • peter3hgpeter3hg Posts: 3,176
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If things are delivered by the main delivery drivers then I find Yodel to be just as good as all other companies. However on the odd occasion that I get the random man in his clapped out old car I tend to have problems. The only issue I have with the main depot is that it is about a 60 mile round trip despite me living in Greater Manchester, although luckily I work nearer to it.
  • Hut27Hut27 Posts: 1,673
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Batch wrote: »
    I'd gladly pay extra not to have anything delivered by Yodel.

Other than occasional staggering incompetence by their drivers (leave package at wrong address on doorstep in rain, etc), their "customer services" are a joke. Hard to get hold of, incorrect information, etc. And despite living in a borough of 180K people the local delivery centre is an 80 mile round trip making collecting parcels from them extremely difficult.

If it wasn't for the fact we have a reception area at work I can get parcels delivered to I'd actively avoid companied using Yodel (not that you can always tell)

YODEL took over DHL domestic deliveries, my daughter worked for DHL at the time.
    There is another angle to this, a lot order goods, pretend not to be in so driver leaves it on doorstep and then deny it was ever delivered.
    She used to leave card half in half out of letter box and call back round again if possible. (9out of 10) had taken card in and still wouldn't came to door, 'cos they were not going to pay, there's a lot of dishonest people about.
  • a11iea11ie Posts: 380
    Forum Member
    I had a laptop delivered to my workplace. Apparently signed for and delivered last week. However no sign of laptop and with regards to the signature no-one of that name works there. Have contacted the company who I ordered it from and Yodel claim they are still investigating, over a week later from when it should have been delivered.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 68,508
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I recently bought an expensive flat packed chest of drawers from Amazon. When we got it none of the bits fitted together properly: the metal runners were uneven and slightly bent and some of the wood was unevenly cut. My husband and another man spent three hours struggling to put it together, eventually managing to force everything together. We decided that the finished product looks unacceptable - you can see that it is still uneven.

Yodel came to collect it yesterday and said they could not take it unless it was dismantled and packed back in its box. We pointed out that the box and packaging are in several pieces and the only way it could be dismantled now, screwed and glued as it is, is with an axe. The chest of drawers remains in my house with the return slips nicely attached. No doubt in time I will get used to seeing it in the middle of my living room.
  • Tom_TitTom_Tit Posts: 6,336
    Forum Member
    I've had a few deliveries from Yodel. They've been couriers in clapped out cars yes but the goods have come here in time. I've only used them when i've ordered from JD Sports.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,583
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've had stuff delivered by Yodel a couple of times (one just after Christmas) and had no problems whatsoever.

Guess I'm one of the lucky ones?
  • housegirlhousegirl Posts: 6,017
    Forum Member
    I recently bought an expensive flat packed chest of drawers from Amazon. When we got it none of the bits fitted together properly: the metal runners were uneven and slightly bent and some of the wood was unevenly cut. My husband and another man spent three hours struggling to put it together, eventually managing to force everything together. We decided that the finished product looks unacceptable - you can see that it is still uneven.

Yodel came to collect it yesterday and said they could not take it unless it was dismantled and packed back in its box. We pointed out that the box and packaging are in several pieces and the only way it could be dismantled now, screwed and glued as it is, is with an axe. The chest of drawers remains in my house with the return slips nicely attached. No doubt in time I will get used to seeing it in the middle of my living room.

Put a cloth and ornament on it I'm sure it will look fine in time :D
    I hate flat packs we got an out door table with one bit missing we had to wait 2 weeks for it to come, It has rained ever since we got the part so still can not use table :(
  • Richard46Richard46 Posts: 59,830
    Forum Member
    Thing is you can get a lot of information from the yodel online tracking data once you master some of the code they use; e.g

6.55am Out for Delivery = Package is being given a three day tour of your region.
    4.30pm Delivery unsuccessful = Driver is lost
    4.40pm Customer refused delivery = Driver has decided to call it a day

etc

They are dreadful.
  • SigurdSigurd Posts: 26,610
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What I dislike about my local Yodel delivery people is their dishonesty. On three occasions in the past six months Yodel tracking showed that an item had been delivered to me (once at five minutes to midnight) and that I'd signed for it, when I'd done nothing of the kind. Unsurprisingly, when Yodel did eventually deliver the items I wasn't asked to sign their electronic gizmo, because of course someone had already forged my signature on it. On another occasion they claimed that they'd tried to deliver to me at around nine in the evening but had received no reply and had left a card. Of course, I was in all evening and no card was left.

Like others in this thread, I wish Amazon would stop using them.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,583
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    They left a parcel for me in the green bin. I'm in a terrace so they had to walk all the way around the back of a load of houses. My bin was full so half the package was hanging out the lid.

They left me a note to say it was in the green bin. I mean that suggests they don't think anything wrong with that. As I could produce the note as evidence to management.
  • Hit Em Up StyleHit Em Up Style Posts: 12,141
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    They are so bad. I ordered a laptop last year and they delivered it. I have no idea how they managed to damage it but they did. The screen was actually shattered which suggests it must have been either thrown or dropped from a great height given even the packaging couldn't save it.

Disgrace. They shouldn't be in business.