Kiss FM

123457»

Comments

• samtheqtsamtheqt Posts: 388
    Forum Member
    FM_Bandit wrote: »
    Kiss in 'glorious' 112kbps MP2 stereo has apparently now vanished from the following local muxes:

Kent, South Hampshire, Sussex Coast, Cambridge, Norwich, Peterborough, Ayr, Aberdeen, Bradford & Huddersfield, Swansea, Stoke on Trent, Leicester, Nottingham, Birmingham, Manchester, Central Lancashire, Dundee &Perth, Edinburgh, Glasgow, Humberside, Inverness, Leeds, Liverpool, South Yorkshire, Tyne & Wear and Teeside.

Still there in London?

Still on London 1 this evening coming home from work. I had to drive down to Worthing yesterday, so lost London 1 just as I was going over the hills near Findon which is normally when I switch to the Sussex Coast or South Hampshire Mux for KISS, but instead had to listen on D1 and it sounds awful in 80kbps. I'm hoping they'll keep it on London 1 as it was their original target area, but who knows !
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4
    Forum Member
    still no news on lunch date within Android app, but it sounds ok via Tune in radio
  • RileyMRileyM Posts: 2,075
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    still no news on lunch date within Android app, but it sounds ok via Tune in radio

I'm sure Andy Roberts said something on Twitter about a an ETA of about 6 weeks (currently)?
  • fmradiotuner1fmradiotuner1 Posts: 20,497
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Kisstory is OK its good to be able to tune in when ever hopefully though they will add more tunes to the play list though in time.
    Not as repetitive as the main station though.
  • Colin_LondonColin_London Posts: 12,716
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Kisstory is actually 112kbps MP2 on Freeview. Looks like the rot is setting there too now :o
  • hanssolohanssolo Posts: 22,662
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Kiss dipped a bit in the Rajar, but Buaer are hoping for further growth
    Noticed this
    http://m.mediaweek.co.uk/article/1181662/Bauers-Karen-Stacey-talks-next-chapter-Kiss?
    Interestingly, looking at radio as a whole, DAB listening reaches 32% of listeners with digital TV reaching 16% and internet 13%. Unsurprisingly, among Kiss listeners those figures are a lot higher, with 51% saying they listen via digital TV, 34% via the internet, and DAB at 28%. What is really interesting though is the difference in mobile phone listening.
    Amongst all radio listeners, 9% say that they listen to the radio via their mobile at least once a week. Amongst Kiss listeners in our survey, that figure was a massive 50% (45% smart phone/5% standard phone).
  • johnny radishjohnny radish Posts: 322
    Forum Member
    Yeah a strange book across London as a whole for the commercial sector
  • simonk243simonk243 Posts: 3,405
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Kisstory is OK its good to be able to tune in when ever hopefully though they will add more tunes to the play list though in time.

Yes agreed there are literally 100s and 100s of more tunes they could play. They need to play more dance too like the original kisstory shows and kiss fm did in the 90s :)

Would be good to have some shows playing music from one year or one decade, also shows dedicated to classic house, trance, dance and urban etc.

A in the mix show.

And maybe requests via Twitter and Facebook all could be pre recorded so no need for live djs
  • WillumWillum Posts: 1,481
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I wish they'd bring back Kiss Fridays. Ditch the daytime playlist from 3pm with nothing but live DJ sets for the drive home. :cool:
  • hotguy25hotguy25 Posts: 879
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Willum wrote: »
    I wish they'd bring back Kiss Fridays. Ditch the daytime playlist from 3pm with nothing but live DJ sets for the drive home. :cool:

in the early 2000s brandon block and alex p used to do friday drive from 4pm - quality house in the mix before graham gold at 7.
  • David_AylingDavid_Ayling Posts: 819
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Kisstory can now be found on radio player.
  • ian001ian001 Posts: 1,002
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Pleased Kiss have launched Kisstory as a separate station. Only thing that surprises me is that it took them so long!
  • suffolkbluesuffolkblue Posts: 4,060
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ian001 wrote: »
    Pleased Kiss have launched Kisstory as a separate station. Only thing that surprises me is that it took them so long!

Yes but sadly a very dire playlist. It could be so much better.
  • simonk243simonk243 Posts: 3,405
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes but sadly a very dire playlist. It could be so much better.

Yes agreed. Songs are beginning to repeat already and theres to much hip hop and rap, should be lots more dance and some shows would be good too.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 184
    Forum Member
    Looks like Saturday Night Kiss has a new time of 7PM and SNK goes live from Ibiza at 23:00.
  • WillumWillum Posts: 1,481
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I had the distinct impression that live OBs from Ibiza, the clubbing scene and associated music were supposed to have died with Galaxy, and the passing of the Noughties, if not the Nineties. (according to Global, at least).

Nice to see this apparent bucking of the trend by Capital's closest rival.
  • HitmusicHitmusic Posts: 2,094
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    JordyD wrote: »
    Is there any chance of this station becoming a proper national network on DAB as apposed to a port of a London station? It's good listening, but don't like listening to Londons news and travel when I live elsewhere...

Why not? It's you're capital city.
  • kevkev Posts: 21,075
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hitmusic wrote: »
    Why not? It's you're capital city.

Because it's all a complete irrelevance to what is going on north of Watford gap.

National news instead of local is all that's needed (travel just points you to their website anyway).
  • Joe19Joe19 Posts: 1,415
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

On the Kisstory Hour on the main Kiss station I'm sure they play Tina Moore's Never Let You Go every day of the week. It's ridiculous.