Options

22in monitor

lindauklindauk Posts: 587
Forum Member
✭✭
can anyone please tell me which is the best buy out of these 2 monitors, they both the same price but i haven't heard of the EMPREX before ..
Samsung SyncMaster 2253BW 22" Widescreen LCD Monitor £149.99 from play.com or the
EMPREX 22 inch WIDESCREEN TFT from COMET. thank you

Comments

• Options
    GogfumbleGogfumble Posts: 22,155
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Out of those two I would go for the Samsung. There is a thread on here somewhere about 22" monitors. It isn't that old so should be easy to find...

Edit - http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=867615&highlight=monitor there are people in that thread recommending the Samsung too.
  • Options
    paulbeattie87paulbeattie87 Posts: 1,258
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Samsung without a doubt! I am using a HP w2207h and its a lovely monitor, just turn down the built in speaker volume to get rid of its buzzing and brilliant.

I looked at the Samsung when I was buying this HP but the HP's stand won me over having so much more adjustment than the Samsung. Apart from that it was like splitting hairs!!!
  • Options
    jkainjkain Posts: 1,629
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Absolutely the Samsung!. The Syncmaster's are great monitors, and the range supports HDCP via DVI so you can watch HD video on it. The Emprex only has a VGA input (according to Comet's spec list anyway). No contest. :)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,940
    Forum Member
    The Samsung, without question.

Thats an excellent price for it. Buy it.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Thank you everyone, the Samsung it is
  • Options
    signinstrangersigninstranger Posts: 1,342
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    lindauk - This monitor is "pre-order" at Play.
    If you dont want to wait, it is in stock at CCL, and it's cheaper - £147.83 delivered.
    http://www.cclonline.com/product-info.asp?product_id=22313&category_id=364&manufacturer_id=0
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    lindauk - This monitor is "pre-order" at Play.
    If you dont want to wait, it is in stock at CCL, and it's cheaper - £147.83 delivered.
    http://www.cclonline.com/product-info.asp?product_id=22313&category_id=364&manufacturer_id=0

Thank you for that, was gutted that i had to order it on play, I'm on CCL now its showing as £142.47, Going to reg now and order it. have you used this site before?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,940
    Forum Member
    lindauk wrote: »
    Have you used this site before?

I've used CCL before (although for far lower value items) and they've always been first class. Really speedy delivery ....
  • Options
    signinstrangersigninstranger Posts: 1,342
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    lindauk wrote: »
    Thank you for that, was gutted that i had to order it on play, I'm on CCL now its showing as £142.47, Going to reg now and order it. have you used this site before?

Ah that's good. I thought delivery was £7.99. I have not ordered online from CCL but I know them well. I have been a customer for about 20 years and remember when they were just a shop in Bradford. They now have large premises near Bradford. I buy stuff from them all the time (they have a trade counter) and as you may have guessed I like them and trust them.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ah that's good. I thought delivery was £7.99. I have not ordered online from CCL but I know them well. I have been a customer for about 20 years and remember when they were just a shop in Bradford. They now have large premises near Bradford. I buy stuff from them all the time (they have a trade counter) and as you may have guessed I like them and trust them.

Was my mistake lol cheaper price if i wanted it delivered on the 18th, so you were right ;). Just going to check-out now, delivered on Tuesday, Thanks for all your help
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Hi just to let you know my monitor arrived today and its fab :)