For me 90s Kids TV was the best

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 357
    Forum Member
    I don't really remember Animals of Farthing Wood, I spent much of my childhood stuck to Cartoon Network. :D Tom and Jerry (all day today on Boomerang, which brought back memories of the Cartoon Network marathons :D), Looney Tunes, Anamaniacs, Freakazoid, Ed Edd and Eddy, Dexter's Laboratory, The Addams Family, Scooby Doo, Angela Anaconda, Johnny Bravo...could go on and on and on.
    When I didn't watch CN it was Arthur, Rupert, ZZZZzap!, Clarissa Explains it All, Kenan and Kel and Get Your Own Back.

But I agree, 90s kids TV was the best. :)
  • 007Fusion007Fusion Posts: 3,657
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I agree. Kids televison was the best in the 90's. Though the one's you've mentioned, i didn't watch them. Okay,well a little bit of Winnie the Pooh.

But i mainly watched alot of Nickleondeon,Cartoon network and Fox Kids (Now Jetix). I used to love Doug, Rugrats, the beavers show, Bucky Ohare, Super Ted (loved the vitimins!) Spiderman and the X-men. Aswell other's shows like the Tribe,Sweet Valley High and the Odessy. Oh yeah and Barney and banana's in pyjama's. The list is endless. Just great televison.
  • Billy_ValueBilly_Value Posts: 22,920
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    thats because you grew up in the 90s if you grew up the 70s or 80s then that for you would be the best
  • 007Fusion007Fusion Posts: 3,657
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    sarah812 wrote: »
    I don't really remember Animals of Farthing Wood, I spent much of my childhood stuck to Cartoon Network. :D Tom and Jerry (all day today on Boomerang, which brought back memories of the Cartoon Network marathons :D), Looney Tunes, Anamaniacs, Freakazoid, Ed Edd and Eddy, Dexter's Laboratory, The Addams Family, Scooby Doo, Angela Anaconda, Johnny Bravo...could go on and on and on.
    When I didn't watch CN it was Arthur, Rupert, ZZZZzap!, Clarissa Explains it All, Kenan and Kel and Get Your Own Back.

But I agree, 90s kids TV was the best. :)

Reading your post, i just remebered shows like Are you afraid of the dark, Goosebumps and Sabrina the teenage witch. TV was good to us in the 90's.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,780
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That was my era of kids tv, I loved it. Looking at kids tv now, it's awful, they try to be all kooky and quirky but just look stupid.
  • CANDYANGELCANDYANGEL Posts: 21,089
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    There were some great shows in the 90's and I love there to be a channel that showed them all :D.

Here's some I loved

Halfway Across The World and Turn Left
    Watt On Earth
    FunHouse
    Finder's Keepers
    Spatz
    The Demon Headmaster
    Woof
    WYSIWYG
    Boot Street Band
    Incredible Games
    Rainbow
    Julia Jekyl and Harriet Hyde
    Out Of Tune
    Childrens Ward

And Many many more.......... I could go on for ages.
  • carguy143carguy143 Posts: 2,327
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I spent too much time watching tv with both cable AND sky in our house at the same time as a kid. When telewest came to dig up the road my dad kicked up a fuss so they gave him 1 year completely free tv just to shut him up. 16 years later he is still with them (now virgin media) for the phone but the TV is long gone.

My favourites on Nick were Kenan and Kell, Hey Arnold, The Adventures Of Pete and Pete, Sabrina, and who could forget, Are You Afraid of the Dark. Cartoon Network was still showing repeats of Captain Planet, Centurions, Swat Cats, and Thunder The Barbarian. I used to love Dexters Lab, Edd, Ed n Eddy, too. Johnny Bravo was fun at first but i soon got bored with it after a few repeats.

Nowadays i think there is too many kids TV channels. I mean look at all the Disney channels, they seem to repeat the same programmes in the same order all day long. If you look at their schedules, they only seem to show around 3 or 4 original episodes of a tv show each day and then they repeat for the rest of the day. The same could be said with Cbeebies. I used to hate my little sister always wanting it on all day long even though she knew the programme coming on that afternoon was a repeat of the episode shown that same morning.
  • JAS84JAS84 Posts: 7,430
    Forum Member
    007Fusion wrote: »
    I agree. Kids televison was the best in the 90's. Though the one's you've mentioned, i didn't watch them. Okay,well a little bit of Winnie the Pooh.

But i mainly watched alot of Nickleondeon,Cartoon network and Fox Kids (Now Jetix). I used to love Doug, Rugrats, the beavers show, Bucky Ohare, Super Ted (loved the vitimins!) Spiderman and the X-men. Aswell other's shows like the Tribe,Sweet Valley High and the Odessy. Oh yeah and Barney and banana's in pyjama's. The list is endless. Just great televison.
    Now Disney XD actually. It changed it's name again last July.
  • Glenn AGlenn A Posts: 23,877
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'd grown up by then, but still enjoyed The Demon Headmaster, Grange Hill and Byker Grove.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 838
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    thats because you grew up in the 90s if you grew up the 70s or 80s then that for you would be the best

Agreed, I was born in '77, so 80s kids TV is the dog's danglies for me! :D

- Rainbow
    - Let's Pretend
    - Pigeon Street
    - Mr Ben
    - Jackanory
    - Grange Hill
    - Dogtanian

Does anyone remember DeGrassi Junior High? It was a Canadian show...?
  • cnbcwatchercnbcwatcher Posts: 56,681
    Forum Member
    I was born in 1990 so saw quite a bit of 90s kids TV.

I loved:
    Get Your Own Back
    Bernard's Watch
    Harry and the Wrinklies
    Pokemon
    Zzzap!
    Penny Crayon
    SMTV Live and CDUK
    Morph

Could probably think of more...

Also used to watch some of the Schools programmes (loved Earth Warp) and used to watch a lot of gameshows and quiz shows. We didn't have cable or Sky then so I just had to make do with the 4/5 channels. I didn't get cable till I was 12.
  • SentenzaSentenza Posts: 12,114
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    We had Tiswas , nothing comes close to the chaos of that show.

Grange Hill when it was a proper gritty drama.

Pipkins

Rainbow.
  • The GeekThe Geek Posts: 2,698
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I grew up with kids programmes from the 80s and 90s. Seemed to start going downhill in the late 90s.
  • indiadog1indiadog1 Posts: 312
    Forum Member
    What about saturday morning TV in the seventies?, now that was ACE!. Banana Splits, The Monkees, Casey Jones and the Canonball express, Champion the wonder horse, Laurel and hardy, White horses, Mr EDD, Bewitched the three stooges, and of course the much repeated Will Hay film. I know these programs come from different era's but the early to mid seventies was the only time these came together, and I believe a lot of these are now lost forever!. Can you remember any others?.
  • SentenzaSentenza Posts: 12,114
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    indiadog1 wrote: »
    What about saturday morning TV in the seventies?, now that was ACE!. Banana Splits, The Monkees, Casey Jones and the Canonball express, Champion the wonder horse, Laurel and hardy, White horses, Mr EDD, Bewitched the three stooges, and of course the much repeated Will Hay film. I know these programs come from different era's but the early to mid seventies was the only time these came together, and I believe a lot of these are now lost forever!. Can you remember any others?.

Forgot about Banana splits everyone used to sing the song at school , and sometimes with different lyrics about brass monkeys and sticks :D
    Forum Member
    indiadog1 wrote: »
    Seems a tad late for programmes to be wiped.
  • ElementaireElementaire Posts: 136
    Forum Member
    My 10 year old son thinks kids tv of the last five years is the best :D
    Forum Member
    No surprise there... Ben 10 seems to be all the rage these days.
  • c0boc0bo Posts: 6,468
    Forum Member
    When I was a kid I saw alot of kid shows from the 90's and these are:

Mighty Morphing Power Rangers
    Thomas the Tank Engine
    Sister Sister
    Kenan & Kel
    Sabrina the teenage witch
    Clarisa
    Clueless
    Brum
  • _ben_ben Posts: 5,758
    Forum Member
    Unless people have had several kids with a big gap in between, they've only really seen the kids TV that was around when they were a kid, which they naturally think is the best. So, for example, for me 70s kids TV was the best, while 80s music and movies were best because I was a teenager then.
  • LP ROBINSONLP ROBINSON Posts: 1,119
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    c0bo wrote: »
    When I was a kid I saw alot of kid shows from the 90's and these are:

Mighty Morphing Power Rangers
    Thomas the Tank Engine
    Sister Sister
    Kenan & Kel
    Sabrina the teenage witch
    Clarisa
    Clueless
    Brum

I loved all of those as a kid.

Few more I enjoyed:

Joshua Jones
    Huxley Pig
    Rugrats
    Chucklevision
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,642
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    For me it was the 70's Trumpton, Chigley, Cablewick Green, Bag puss, Voyage to the bottom of the sea, time tunnel & the tomorrow people. (yes I know some of them were made in the late 60's)

Randall & Hopkirk, Blacfk Beauty, Arthur of the Britons

Micheal Bentines Potty Time

Swap Shop

Dr Who

The 70's rule.
  • LatentMonkeyLatentMonkey Posts: 18
    Forum Member
    In defence of today's kids programmes........

I think "Sorry, I've got no head" is funny, silly, smart and quite knowing too in an adult sense. Check it out if you haven't already as it features some appearances from some actors maybe more associated with grown up humour. Surprised I can't find a thread on it tbh (unless I'm missing it).

M.I. High, Sarah-Jane adventures, Shaun the sheep....

Oh, and Horrible Histories funny and factual. Just thinking about the four Georges singing "Born 2 rule" makes me smile!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,780
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I was born in 1990 so saw quite a bit of 90s kids TV.

I loved:
    Get Your Own Back
    Bernard's Watch
    Harry and the Wrinklies
    Pokemon
    Zzzap!
    Penny Crayon
    SMTV Live and CDUK
    Morph

Could probably think of more...

Also used to watch some of the Schools programmes (loved Earth Warp) and used to watch a lot of gameshows and quiz shows. We didn't have cable or Sky then so I just had to make do with the 4/5 channels. I didn't get cable till I was 12.

I loved these two!
    In defence of today's kids programmes........

I think "Sorry, I've got no head" is funny, silly, smart and quite knowing too in an adult sense. Check it out if you haven't already as it features some appearances from some actors maybe more associated with grown up humour. Surprised I can't find a thread on it tbh (unless I'm missing it).

I watch this occasionally and I also find it very funny:o
  • Lola UKLola UK Posts: 3,577
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Loved 90's tv shows! Wish I could watch them now without being considered as some kind of weirdo.

I loved;
    Sabrina
    ZZZap
    Berards Watch
    Penny Crayon
    The Moomins
    Noels House Party
    Fun House (? i think it was called)
    The programme with the gunge at the end which the parents went into (90's loved gunge)

(I also have no idea how to spell gunge :o)