Another day in broken britain

el chupacabrael chupacabra Posts: 173
Forum Member
http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/news/3322939/Crossbow-terror-at-the-post-office.html
How thick can you get? For starters these dumb ***** didn't even bother to cover their faces, for being so stupid I hope they DO get 10 year, just to teach em a lesson. Honestly, what sort of dumbo does a blag without putting a bally or some other disguise on?

Comments

• Miasima GoriaMiasima Goria Posts: 5,188
    Forum Member
    How do people snarl?
  • el chupacabrael chupacabra Posts: 173
    Forum Member
    How do people snarl?

Dunno, but any mug who blags a post office without covering their face is probably 1 step away from being a chimp, so snarling obviously comes naturally.
  • annette kurtenannette kurten Posts: 39,543
    Forum Member
    http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/news/3322939/Crossbow-terror-at-the-post-office.html
    How thick can you get? For starters these dumb ***** didn't even bother to cover their faces, for being so stupid I hope they DO get 10 year, just to teach em a lesson. Honestly, what sort of dumbo does a blag without putting a bally or some other disguise on?

i`ve known thicker, a couple of brothers who robbed the local shop in the village they lived in all their lives, no attempt at disguise:rolleyes:. a friend around the corner tried to use someone else`s card at the corner shop. bear in mind that the shopkeeper`s watched him grow.

and this one, never was over bright.
    i could go on.
  • rwouldrwould Posts: 5,260
    Forum Member
    The Threshers I used to work in when a student in Sheffield was burgled and they stole cigarettes. However they found out who had done the theft when one of the other local stores started selling Threshers own brand cigarettes....
  • widgerwidger Posts: 722
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    How is this "broken Britain?" Surely the same thing happens all over the world, not just here? :yawn:
  • rosalynnrosalynn Posts: 4,500
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Totally agree widger.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,881
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I have to say the minute someone uses the phrase broken Britain I just think broken record :yawn: So, OP, would you have been happier if they had carried this out with their faces covered, as that seems to be the main thrust of your post - the stupidity, not the crime.
  • Wayne DibblyWayne Dibbly Posts: 3,252
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    How do people snarl?

Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr
  • Lincoln HawkLincoln Hawk Posts: 1,783
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It does say something when people are so unconcerned about the consequences that they are so brazen as to do it unmasked. Seriously, what do they have to lose? They either rake in a large haul of loot, or they get sent to our laughable "prisons" which are probably nicer than their homes (not to mention free).
  • tingramretrotingramretro Posts: 10,974
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    widger wrote: »
    How is this "broken Britain?" Surely the same thing happens all over the world, not just here? :yawn:

I think the OP is lamenting the low intelligence of our criminal classes. Presumably, Britain would be unbroken if they were smarter as he would be able to say that we have the best criminals in the world.:)
  • abarthmanabarthman Posts: 8,501
    Forum Member
    Worst "Broken Britain" thread ever.
  • Lincoln HawkLincoln Hawk Posts: 1,783
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    In America, the shopkeeper would probably have had a shotgun behind the counter and would have blown their heads off. And been hailed as a hero for it.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,182
    Forum Member
    Broken Britain? More like broken record.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,785
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I lost interest when the link was from the Sun.
  • WokStationWokStation Posts: 23,112
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oh I can certainly think of dumber things than not disguising yourself when robbing...

...like disguising yourself with the use of a marker pen:
    http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/newstopics/howaboutthat/6431303/Dumb-American-criminals-attempt-robbery-with-permanent-marker-pen-disguises.html
  • rosalynnrosalynn Posts: 4,500
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    WokStation wrote: »
    Oh I can certainly think of dumber things than not disguising yourself when robbing...

...like disguising yourself with the use of a marker pen:
    http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/newstopics/howaboutthat/6431303/Dumb-American-criminals-attempt-robbery-with-permanent-marker-pen-disguises.html
    Just another example of Broken America.
  • swingalegswingaleg Posts: 102,978
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Britain has certainly gone downhill since the Tories got in........
  • netcurtainsnetcurtains Posts: 23,494
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Years ago I read about two blokes who tried to hold up a bank and they made their getaway on pushbikes :D
  • tingramretrotingramretro Posts: 10,974
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    swingaleg wrote: »

You think we had better criminals under Labour?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,182
    Forum Member

There's no denying THAT :D
  • WokStationWokStation Posts: 23,112
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Years ago I read about two blokes who tried to hold up a bank and they made their getaway on pushbikes :D

Depending on the location, that's not necessarily a bad move! Central London, heavy traffic, alleys and paths? Get through faster than a car, for sure!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    You think we had better criminals under Labour?

Doesn't really matter.........it's the soundbite that counts these days.

And since the Tories started all this 'Broken Britain' malarky then I'm afraif they've got to live with it.

Every time somebody gets knifed or robs a shop it's 'Tory Broken Britain' from now on............
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    WokStation wrote: »
    Depending on the location, that's not necessarily a bad move! Central London, heavy traffic, alleys and paths? Get through faster than a car, for sure!

In the 70s and 80s when they done a blagging they used to have it away on their toes !

;)
  • That BlokeThat Bloke Posts: 6,352
    Forum Member
    Yep, this is the first time in British history that anyone has been robbed:(. I wish it was back under Labour when there was no crime and every day was sunny :(
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    That Bloke wrote: »
    Yep, this is the first time in British history that anyone has been robbed:(. I wish it was back under Labour when there was no crime and every day was sunny :(

see post 23........