2»

Comments

• Options
    Joy DeanJoy Dean Posts: 21,346
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    :)

http://www.mirror.co.uk/tv/tv-reviews/dancing-ice-final-verdict-ray-3225050
    Let’s remember Ray Quinn for Dancing on Ice.

I mean it. For everything young Ray has done in his career, he has never excelled at anything in quite the same way as he has excelled at dancing on ice during Dancing on Ice.

‘If only’ sighed Jason Gardiner, ‘you had started skating ten years earlier.’ Quite.

With Dancing on Ice on its way to the retirement home, it’s easy to kick it in the seat of the pants on the way – but let’s give credit where credit is due. Ray Quinn, you are a worthy winner.

When the judges said that you blurred the lines between the celeb skaters and the professionals, it was true.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/tv/tv-news/ray-quinn-wins-dancing-ice-3224959

Ray, who danced with Maria Filippov, 40, jumped in the air and shouted “YES!” before hugging his partner as he was told he had won.

He said afterwards: “It feels so good, thank you so much to everybody.

“All this hard work, we got to this point and we are privileged but this moment is for Maria.
    “I am proper buzzing and over the moon. Drinks are on me!

“I have absolutely loved every minute of it. Thank you Maria.”

Coach Christopher Dean, 55, said: “He is the best skater we have ever had, we believe that and the viewers at home obviously believed that.”
  • Options
    Yorkie47Yorkie47 Posts: 1,487
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I did have my doubts but the great British public did the right thing and voted for the best skater. Ray is undoubtedly the standout skater over every single series of DOI and it would have been a travesty if he had not won.

I did like Hayley too - well done to her, she did a brilliant job and was a worthy runner up.

Unlike some people on here, I never saw arrogance in Ray - I saw confidence, which is entirely different. He seems like a very charming, hard working young man.
  • Options
    -Felicity--Felicity- Posts: 4,813
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    SO pleased that Ray & Maria won. It was 100% deserved.

And like others have said, bring out a DVD of all of his & Maria's performances, I would most definitely buy it!

One again, well done Ray & Maria :D:D
  • Options
    IgnazioIgnazio Posts: 18,695
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I am thrilled to bits that Ray & Maria won - I never doubted that they would, although I did get a little nervous last night because you just can't rely on the public to do the right thing.

Some people kept saying how cocky and arrogant Ray has been - I have never seen this in him and can only think it must be Beth's fans who said this (must be the Olympian thing, bad losers maybe?)

And what a sweet gesture, handing the trophy to Maria for her to keep. What a lovely man he is!

Bring on the DVD of Ray's performances, it would be a best seller.
    An uncalled for generalisation - I certainly didn't confuse arrogance with confidence and I voted for both Ray and Beth.
  • Options
    CranfieldCranfield Posts: 415
    Forum Member
    Ray and Maria definitely deserved to win, from week one they were head and shoulders above the others.
    No "showmance"/relationship gimmicks for them, they were just a great partnership with obvious mutual respect.

There are videos on You Tube of Ray's performances if anyone wants to download a perpetual memory, but I agree that a charity dvd is a great idea.
  • Options
    Patti-AnnPatti-Ann Posts: 22,747
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He started behind Hayley in second place (in the public vote) and dropped to third as Beth picked up support. I guess topping the leaderboard as he did every week, viewers would presume he'd go through whatever. They did try to tell people I think - Jason saying things like 'It's not a foregone conclusion', but it took the skate off to get the message across. He did deserve to win over all.:)
  • Options
    hannahhannah Posts: 13,941
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I didnt vote until last night for Ray but after the three performances he gave last night he had to win
  • Options
    lulu glulu g Posts: 52,649
    Forum Member
    Patti-Ann wrote: »
    He started behind Hayley in second place (in the public vote) and dropped to third as Beth picked up support. I guess topping the leaderboard as he did every week, viewers would presume he'd go through whatever. They did try to tell people I think - Jason saying things like 'It's not a foregone conclusion', but it took the skate off to get the message across. He did deserve to win over all.:)
    I know it appears that way, but I said on here weeks ago that I had supported Ray from day one but would not vote till the final, because I was confident that he would not be in the bottom two and that, if he was, he would be saved by the judges. I also guessed that a lot of other viewers would take the same view. So I think it was always going to work out the way it did. I don't think the fact that Hayley topped the viewers' vote most weeks means that she was more popular than Ray; I think it's just that a lot of Ray's supporters were saving themselves for the final.
  • Options
    ChrissieAOChrissieAO Posts: 5,143
    Forum Member
    I am thrilled to bits that Ray & Maria won - I never doubted that they would, although I did get a little nervous last night because you just can't rely on the public to do the right thing.

Some people kept saying how cocky and arrogant Ray has been - I have never seen this in him and can only think it must be Beth's fans who said this (must be the Olympian thing, bad losers maybe?)

And what a sweet gesture, handing the trophy to Maria for her to keep. What a lovely man he is!

Bring on the DVD of Ray's performances, it would be a best seller.

Yes, I agree. He was on This Morning earlier with Maria and apparently he was the favourite with the production team of Dancing On Ice because he was so uncomplaining and willing to do whatever..
  • Options
    tangos_with_timtangos_with_tim Posts: 752
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Well done Ray and Maria! Such a fabulous partnership, so many stand-out routines:cool: The best by a long way.

I'm another one who saved my voting for the final - I think it was a good thing Ray was in the skate-off in the semi, it made sure he wouldn't lose because of complacent voters!

I also never saw the arrogant thing, I think for some people, anyone who is good is automatically considered arrogant... and I supported Beth as well...
  • Options
    roadieboysroadieboys Posts: 3,066
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I loved every minute of Ray and Maria's routines .. from both their years ..
    For those who thought him arrogant .... It's very telling that on This Morning at the end of their interview .. Phil said Ray was the production team's favourite to work with and lots of fun too...........
  • Options
    JohnStannardJohnStannard Posts: 7,649
    Forum Member
    well done