Options

Chelsea Supporters Thread (Part 5)

Comments

• Options
    NinjyBearNinjyBear Posts: 8,317
    Forum Member
    Just leave Torres out of the squad - might convince him to rip up his contract if we can't get any fee for him.

Anyway, Everton holding a press conference at 4. Hope it's nothing to do with us :(
  • Options
    codebluecodeblue Posts: 14,072
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    NinjyBear wrote: »
    Just leave Torres out of the squad - might convince him to rip up his contract if we can't get any fee for him.

Anyway, Everton holding a press conference at 4. Hope it's nothing to do with us :(

Its ok, its just that southampton are buying them
  • Options
    RichmondBlueRichmondBlue Posts: 21,279
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    codeblue wrote: »
    Its ok, its just that southampton are buying them

No, Katharina is out looking at yachts, private jets and beachfront properties in the Bahamas. Southamton won't see much of that £110m. ;-)
  • Options
    NinjyBearNinjyBear Posts: 8,317
    Forum Member
    Just Barkley signing a 5-year deal. Still hope for Lukaku to stay with us then.......
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    No, Katharina is out looking at yachts, private jets and beachfront properties in the Bahamas. Southamton won't see much of that £110m. ;-)

To be fair, i think i would sell up and take the £100m bonus!
  • Options
    linkinpark875linkinpark875 Posts: 29,703
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Chelsea are frustrating right now potentially two of the best players in the World right now Thibaut Courtois and Romelu Lukaku and either are confirmed a Chelsea player yet might even both be sold. Belgium come Euro 2016 will be close to winning it and again these players will play a major part in that.

Letting Daniel Sturridge backfired arguably his goals + Suarez got them 4th. Everton are not far off. Don't think Chelsea should be selling to rivals to be honest. Fernando Torres and Didier Drogba couldn't score many last time round can't believe he's doing it again. Jose Mourinho got Eto in and he got hardly any goals I just can't see why bringing Drogba back helps? Keep Moses and he can come on later in the match?

Another is Josh McEachran why is he not getting a chance? Had all these players been in the team last season and Lukaku we may have won the title.

I would give Jose Mourinho one more season and if he wins nothing sack him and bring in Diego Simeone.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Chelsea are frustrating right now potentially two of the best players in the World right now Thibaut Courtois and Romelu Lukaku and either are confirmed a Chelsea player yet might even both be sold. Belgium come Euro 2016 will be close to winning it and again these players will play a major part in that.

Letting Daniel Sturridge backfired arguably his goals + Suarez got them 4th. Everton are not far off. Don't think Chelsea should be selling to rivals to be honest. Fernando Torres and Didier Drogba couldn't score many last time round can't believe he's doing it again. Jose Mourinho got Eto in and he got hardly any goals I just can't see why bringing Drogba back helps? Keep Moses and he can come on later in the match?

Another is Josh McEachran why is he not getting a chance? Had all these players been in the team last season and Lukaku we may have won the title.

I would give Jose Mourinho one more season and if he wins nothing sack him and bring in Diego Simeone.

Are you a chelsea fan?

Courtois IS one of the best keepers in the world. He has proved himself at the top level. Our only problem is that we have a very very good keeper in Cech and he is only 32.

Of all the problems to have, having two world class keepers is a great one. If one has to go, then so be it, but id rather keep the two for one season just in case, and it looks like we are doing that.

Lukaku is not world class. No where near it. He has done "well" in his loan spells, but he can go missing in lots of games too (even everton fans will tell you that). He is not at the level Chelsea need at the moment, thats why we got Costa. Lukaku wouldnt get in the Belgium team if Benteke was fit.

Sturridge was a rotten apple and bad fit for chelsea. He had chance after chance, but was greedy and shot into row Z. I was happy to see him go. He was quite a frustrating player at the bridge. Liverpool were not a rival at the time.

Torres is difficult to shift because of his fee, and also his £175,000 a week wages. We are stuck with him, it really is that simple.

Drogba is being brought back as a super-sub, and a handy voice in the dressing room. I have no problem with this whatsoever, as long as he doesnt start games in the PL.

Eto'o was a great last minute signing. Remember his had trick against United? I thought it a shame we lost him this summer!

Keep moses? Have you seen our midfield?

Fabregas, Oscar, Salah, Schurrle, Willian, Eden Hazard, along with Matic (a fantastic player) van ginkel, romeu, mikkel, ramires.

I like Moses, but he failed to get into a LFC midfield thats nowhere near as good as ours. Sorry, but like Josh he would not get a sniff from our bench.

Sack Jose?

You are under the impression that it is possible to win things every year. It is not. Arsenal went 9 seasons only winning 1 FA cup.

The PL is a very competitive tournament, teams have huge finances and it is as open as it has ever been. Its a good thing.

The cup competitions, well, you need luck to win. We had bad luck in losing a CL final, and good luck in winning one.

All Jose needs to do is make us competitive, hard to beat, get Costa scoring. Thats all he 'can' do.

Getting 2nd in the PL and getting to the CL semi finals would be all we could possibly hope for. Anything else would be a bonus.
  • Options
    The_don1The_don1 Posts: 17,465
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Potentially I am going to win the lottery on Saturday so should I go out and spend the money today?

The goalkeeper situation is difficult mainly due to us already having the arguably the best goal keeper in the league and even Courtois mum could not come up with a decent argument to drop Cech. Lukaku is a different story anyone who gains their information from watch him (rather then the red tops) knows he is not ready to be first choice striker so it's his call if he willing to be on bench and a bit part player. In my view he is starting to believe the hype to much

Sturridge plays well if in a team set up like Liverpool but we don't want to play like them (thank god).

Anyone can see what Drogba brings to the dressing room, from personality and a experience POV it makes sense. Yes from a playing POV less so but there are more things to consider then what a player brings on the pitch
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No way is Costa the be all end all. He's a great player but needs back up. Selling Lukaku won't help with the under 21 rule anyway so it's pointless. Keep Moses? Well Chelsea were competing in many competitions last year Uefa Super cup, League cup, Premiership, FA Cup, League cup and Champions League clearly the squad has to be larger to cope with this.

The League cup is ideal for fringe players and worked well for Man United over the years.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    No way is Costa the be all end all. He's a great player but needs back up. Selling Lukaku won't help with the under 21 rule anyway so it's pointless. Keep Moses? Well Chelsea were competing in many competitions last year Uefa Super cup, League cup, Premiership, FA Cup, League cup and Champions League clearly the squad has to be larger to cope with this.

The League cup is ideal for fringe players and worked well for Man United over the years.

we dont seem to be desperate to sell lukaku

all us chelsea fans, yourself included, should get behind jose
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    we dont seem to be desperate to sell lukaku

all us chelsea fans, yourself included, should get behind jose

I wanted him back a few seasons ago but feel he only went to Chelsea as there wasn't a job elsewhere in England anyway. I'm bored of him saying Chelsea weren't ready to win things last season when if we kept Lakaku or got someone better than Eto in we would have won the title.

There's some great signings but I don't expect them to play all at once. I can't see an attractive Jose team I mean his final season at Real was quite poor.

Would have Carlo Ancelotti back great coach but messed up two signings Torres and Luiz. For that season he will probably never get a second chance at Chelsea.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I wanted him back a few seasons ago but feel he only went to Chelsea as there wasn't a job elsewhere in England anyway. I'm bored of him saying Chelsea weren't ready to win things last season when if we kept Lakaku or got someone better than Eto in we would have won the title.

There's some great signings but I don't expect them to play all at once. I can't see an attractive Jose team I mean his final season at Real was quite poor.

Would have Carlo Ancelotti back great coach but messed up two signings Torres and Luiz. For that season he will probably never get a second chance at Chelsea.

Jose is the best manager in the business.

I simply dont understand why you want rid after 12 months. Your other thread is terrible by the way.

We were not ready to win things last season, and yet we had a great season. I feel we have strengthened and sold/ spent wisely.

Lukkaku is not world class, is not the finished article, and would be #3 at chelsea behind torres (yes behind torres)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Where has Chelsea said he is for sale? Have you been reading comics?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The_don1 wrote: »
    Where has Chelsea said he is for sale? Have you been reading comics?

im not sure if this forum member is on a wind up or not, the other thread seems to be.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

We was not ready to win the league last season.

Yes if we bought Messi and Ronaldo we would have won the league but IF's a big word. This is a ongoing long term project.

We was not ready to win the league and you being bored of hearing it is illrelevent (I am bored of hearing how we need to play a certain style of football or have English players).
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think the team is moving in the right direction.

Jose has seen quite a few leave:

Cole, Lampard, Mata, Luiz, de Bruyne - absolute quality players

He seems to have replaced them with:

Schurrle, Van Ginkel, Willian, Matic, Salah, Zouma, costa, fabregas, luis and drogba

I think he has done well.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think the team is moving in the right direction.

Jose has seen quite a few leave:

Cole, Lampard, Mata, Luiz, de Bruyne - absolute quality players

He seems to have replaced them with:

Schurrle, Van Ginkel, Willian, Matic, Salah, Zouma, costa, fabregas, luis and drogba

I think he has done well.

Are any of those English? Because we have to give players with less talent a chance because they are English?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Are any of those English? Because we have to give players with less talent a chance because they are English?

Well cesc counts as a home grown player, is that ok?

the idea that moses could get into our midfield is madness.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Well cesc counts as a home grown player, is that ok?

the idea that moses could get into our midfield is madness.

No because he not English. We need instead to play a player who could not get into the Watford team.

Talent is not important the passport is
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    No because he not English. We need instead to play a player who could not get into the Watford team.

Talent is not important the passport is

you are mixing club football up with international football

:p
  • Options
    guttridgeguttridge Posts: 1,884
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hi folks. I'm new to this place. But off topic but wanted your views on Roberto DiMatteo? What did you make of him? I'm not a chelsea fan but I through he was very good manger and treated unfairly at chelsea when he was sacked. Never got the feeling chelsea wanted him.. Your byews please!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    guttridge wrote: »
    Hi folks. I'm new to this place. But off topic but wanted your views on Roberto DiMatteo? What did you make of him? I'm not a chelsea fan but I through he was very good manger and treated unfairly at chelsea when he was sacked. Never got the feeling chelsea wanted him.. Your byews please!

Right man, right place, right time.

Never one for the permanent role. Got paid very well, and his CV is now fantastic. It was win-win.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Right man, right place, right time.

Never one for the permanent role. Got paid very well, and his CV is now fantastic. It was win-win.

But he should have been sack . I understand he was the right man at the right time but very hash to sack him....
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    guttridge wrote: »
    But he should have been sack . I understand he was the right man at the right time but very hash to sack him....

He got lucky, in the fact that he wasn't AVB. As i say, right person, right time, and not called AVB.

He should never have got the role permanently, that was the mistake Chelsea made.

And lets not forget, he was not sacked. He was just not required as manager and Chelsea kept paying him, and he kept taking their wages.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He got lucky, in the fact that he wasn't AVB. As i say, right person, right time, and not called AVB.

He should never have got the role permanently, that was the mistake Chelsea made.

And lets not forget, he was not sacked. He was just not required as manager and Chelsea kept paying him, and he kept taking their wages. I wonder when he will get back into football ?
    . I wonder when he will get back into football