Options

Carol and Alan Jackson

Dr K NoisewaterDr K Noisewater Posts: 11,597
Forum Member
✭✭
The recent storyline with Bianca trying to persuade Carol to find a man made me wonder: whatever happened to Alan Jackson :confused:

Did we ever find out why him and Carol split up? They left the square together in 1997 but when Carol returned in 1999 engaged to Dan Sullivan she mentioned that her and Alan had divorced. Then when Carol left again after Bianca and Dan's affair was revealed it was mentioned by Robbie that her and Alan had reconciled at her Carol's mums funeral. But when she returned this year its been implied that shes been single for a long time. Did we ever find out why they have split up again? And where is he meant to be now?

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,268
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    i wondered this aswell.I liked alan!They where a believeable couple
  • Options
    StykerStyker Posts: 49,881
    Forum Member
    Try wikipedia.
  • Options
    lea_uklea_uk Posts: 9,648
    Forum Member
  • Options
    musicdudemusicdude Posts: 8,939
    Forum Member
    A return from Alan wouldn't hurt
    I can see that happening anyway. Even if it don't happen until next year

They have a plan for Carol and Alan must be a small key to it
  • Options
    rick182rick182 Posts: 11,092
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Carols character has been ruined!... This is the women who had 4 kids to 4 different men.. Now shes just going around judging everyone!
  • Options
    EsteraEstera Posts: 81
    Forum Member
    bring back alan jackson, dan sullivan and nick cotton :)
  • Options
    cjsmummycjsmummy Posts: 11,079
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'd like to see Alan back! Maybe then Carol butt out of everyone elses business!
  • Options
    nats18nats18 Posts: 8,221
    Forum Member
    I liked Alan and Carol together even if I don't remember much
  • Options
    open_endedopen_ended Posts: 2,585
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    rick182 wrote: »
    Carols character has been ruined!... This is the women who had 4 kids to 4 different men.. Now shes just going around judging everyone!
    Carol always judged everyone. The difference is she never defends her own past she uses it as an example for others to learn from. She warned Bianca years ago that she'd turn out just like her and she has.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Alan has been mentioned a couple of times since Billie returned. He has a new girlfriend apparently and Billie still sees him.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    post bug
  • Options
    RainRain Posts: 9,688
    Forum Member
    Totally not a ruined character. She should be the new matriach of the show!
  • Options
    gentleguygentleguy Posts: 16,358
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ive wondred where he is but i suppose its realistic that he lives in london somewhere
  • Options
    ahrimaniacahrimaniac Posts: 981
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    'Totally not a ruined character. She should be the new matriach of the show!'

TOTALLY a ruined character. She should not be the new matriarch of the show!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm guessing that the story writers have forgotten that they had it mentioned that Carol and Alan had reunited off-screen and we're meant to believe they have been separated since the late 90s.

I think its Alan's character that has been ruined not Carol's. He was meant to be the reliable and dependable husband who took on all of Carol's kids after the other fathers all left her. Bianca, Robbie and Sonia all loving him like a father and taking his surname (Bianca even calling her own child Jackson). Whereas now he is nowhere to be seen turning him into the exact opposite of what his original character was portrayed as.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,407
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm guessing that the story writers have forgotten that they had it mentioned that Carol and Alan had reunited off-screen and we're meant to believe they have been separated since the late 90s.

I think its Alan's character that has been ruined not Carol's. He was meant to be the reliable and dependable husband who took on all of Carol's kids after the other fathers all left her. Bianca, Robbie and Sonia all loving him like a father and taking his surname (Bianca even calling her own child Jackson). Whereas now he is nowhere to be seen turning him into the exact opposite of what his original character was portrayed as.

Well that's not strictly true though as he did leave Carol before in the 90's so I don't think its that unfeasible for them to have split up.
  • Options
    Prince MonaluluPrince Monalulu Posts: 35,900
    Forum Member

How has Alan's character been ruined, as far as I know she hasn't bad mouthed him, not that people's characters can't change over time anyway.
    Even if Carol had bad mouthed him we know Carol can spin night into day when she's ready.
    If birth fathers lose touch with their kids after a split it's not a surprise that it would happen with a Step father.

We really could have done with Alan turning up for the Bianca/Ricky wedding, was he around for the first one?
    Considering the writing's improved no end lately an appearance now would be interesting as they'd give him a bit of backstory and motivation.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I wonder how Carol and Alan will behave around each other when he returns next month. It'll be interesting to see what Alan makes of Carol's new boyfriend the army man. And maybe we'll find out why they split up off-screen - i hope Alan mentions Carol's relationship with Dan.
  • Options
    blue_cobaltblue_cobalt Posts: 6,602
    Forum Member
    Will Calan get it on?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ahrimaniac wrote: »
    'Totally not a ruined character. She should be the new matriach of the show!'

TOTALLY a ruined character. She should not be the new matriarch of the show!
    Give reasons or be declared a troll.
  • Options
    ShedheddShedhedd Posts: 1,810
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Alan and Blossom are coming back for Billies funeral when he dies after a drunken birthday binge. What happens between Carole and Alan after that is known only to the writers

I only just found out it's the same actor playing Billie, who played him as a 5 yr old when Alan and Carole were still together..cool and nice to see some continuity.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Great to see Alan return in tonights episode even it it was only briefly. I hope we get some scenes between him and Carol - they were great together during the 90s and we never did find out why they split up.
  • Options
    Charcole911Charcole911 Posts: 6,353
    Forum Member
    I don't think I would like Dan to return now that we're goin HD. All that dodgy fake fake bake & leathery skin :eek:
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,472
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Was it the same actor that used to play alan that was in 2nights episode?
  • Options
    MuteBananaMuteBanana Posts: 3,166
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Shedhedd wrote: »
    Alan and Blossom are coming back for Billies funeral when he dies after a drunken birthday binge. What happens between Carole and Alan after that is known only to the writers

I only just found out it's the same actor playing Billie, who played him as a 5 yr old when Alan and Carole were still together..cool and nice to see some continuity.

Yeah it is good continuity.
    Rhodes666 wrote: »
    Was it the same actor that used to play alan that was in 2nights episode?

Yes it was.

Here's a picture of the Jacksons from the 90s.
    The Jacksons