Shaun Wright-Phillips

Armagideon TimeArmagideon Time Posts: 2,412
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Could somebody please tell me when was the last time this guy played a full 90 minutes (plus injury time) in a competitive match? In the last few years, be it playing for Chelsea, Man City or England, whenever he's started a game, he's either always been substituted or come on as a substitute.

Now he's at QPR, he made his debut tonight and guess what, he was subsituted after 88 minutes! He may have moved to a different club, but the song remains the same!

Comments

• NorthernNinnyNorthernNinny Posts: 18,412
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    He's earned a good living from being an overrated footballer but he's far from alone.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,304
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Think he got a full game during pre-season... he looked a new player during the US tour, shame he couldn't stay as he was starting to look good. He'll do well at Qpr.
  • Armagideon TimeArmagideon Time Posts: 2,412
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Think he got a full game during pre-season... he looked a new player during the US tour, shame he couldn't stay as he was starting to look good. He'll do well at Qpr.

The key words in the OP were "played a full 90 minutes in a competitive match"....
  • Unigal07Unigal07 Posts: 22,326
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I never realised how short he was til I went to the pub to watch the match tonight :eek:
  • bazzaroobazzaroo Posts: 6,848
    Forum Member
    Unigal07 wrote: »
    I never realised how short he was til I went to the pub to watch the match tonight :eek:

Do you mind, he's the same height as me! :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,362
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Unigal07 wrote: »

He was in the pub? no wonder he never plays 90 minutes:p
  • BrunoStreeteBrunoStreete Posts: 7,180
    Forum Member
    Could somebody please tell me when was the last time this guy played a full 90 minutes (plus injury time) in a competitive match? In the last few years, be it playing for Chelsea, Man City or England, whenever he's started a game, he's either always been substituted or come on as a substitute.

Now he's at QPR, he made his debut tonight and guess what, he was subsituted after 88 minutes! He may have moved to a different club, but the song remains the same!

Hardly played all season and substituted with 2 minutes left. Not exactly a story is it?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,800
    Forum Member

...the role that short stuff plays for any team ....means that he's gonna tire late on....playing flat out for ninety minutes aint never gonna happen...
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,160
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I thought it was the best I have seen him play for a long time (in fact probably the FIRST) in a long time). He should have stayed on the right tho' and not moved onto the left in the second half. Not sure why he was subbed as he looked like he was causing the most problems to me.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,800
    Forum Member
    graham001 wrote: »
    I thought it was the best I have seen him play for a long time (in fact probably the FIRST) in a long time). He should have stayed on the right tho' and not moved onto the left in the second half. Not sure why he was subbed as he looked like he was causing the most problems to me.

...this ^^^....that said...his header over the bar from close range,was a doozie :D
  • Armagideon TimeArmagideon Time Posts: 2,412
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well folks, for the first time in absolute eons, SWP has played the full 90 minutes of a competitive match. And here's the proof:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/eng_prem/14864037.stm
  • celesticelesti Posts: 25,897
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Mark this momentous day in the calendar.
  • JMTDJMTD Posts: 7,967
    Forum Member
    He's settled in well at QPR.

http://i51.tinypic.com/291icl1.jpg
  • Pepperoni ManPepperoni Man Posts: 7,798
    Forum Member
    Well folks, for the first time in absolute eons, SWP has played the full 90 minutes of a competitive match. And here's the proof:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/eng_prem/14864037.stm

He played very well as well :(