Linford Christie

2»

Comments

• degsyhufcdegsyhufc Posts: 59,251
    Forum Member
    That's not quite what I was after, but, again they seem to have been ignored for yonks when it comes to sports 'head on a stick' work.
    Maybe they don't want to be on TV but accept that at the Olympics, a home games at that, they do a little bit of telly.
  • MandarkMandark Posts: 47,963
    Forum Member
    degsyhufc wrote: »
    Maybe they don't want to be on TV but accept that at the Olympics, a home games at that, they do a little bit of telly.
    I seem to recall that Linford was quite upset that in the early days of London 2012 planning that he'd been virtually ignored.
  • Armagideon TimeArmagideon Time Posts: 2,412
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Lukey37 wrote: »
    He was on ITV's This Morning the other day.
    tiger2000 wrote: »
    Five Live interviewed him last week, he is working for a TV company at the games.
    BBTweets wrote: »
    He was on ITV News at 10.30 giving his take on Bolt's win tonight.

Good to see he hasn't been ignored.
  • ElectraElectra Posts: 55,660
    Forum Member
    Mandark wrote: »
    The speculation by some was that one of the supplement makers had been adding nandrolone as an undeclared substance. The doses people were tested with were huge. A whole wave of athletes including Merlene Ottey tested positive for it. Then as quickly as the positives appeared, they went away again. WADA has warned supplement makers and athletes about this.

I'm not sure the strict liability rule is fair in these cases. If a supplement maker who's been supplying bonfide supplements to athletes for years screws up its processes in some way and adds a load of banned substances to them, is it the athletes' fault?

The nandrolone affair tarnished so many athletes' reputations.
    Exactly!

There's also some suggestion that athletes who took the legal supplement Creatine & who trained extremely hard, could produce a positive result for Nandrolone, as that combination could increase natural levels. Linford was always open about using Creatine.