child murderer; Levie Belfield wins compensation......

Comments

• kippehkippeh Posts: 6,655
    Forum Member
    Not good value for money that, only a few minor cuts for £4,500! Come on lags, we need better!
  • MrsWatermelonMrsWatermelon Posts: 3,209
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm shocked it took this long to appear on DS!
  • Pandora 9Pandora 9 Posts: 2,350
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He has given the money to his Mum which I think she should donate to charity instead of spending it on a caravan.
  • walterwhitewalterwhite Posts: 56,806
    Forum Member
    Seems fair enough to me. He has a right to be kept safe in prison whether we like it or not.
  • mushymanrobmushymanrob Posts: 17,992
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Seems fair enough to me. He has a right to be kept safe in prison whether we like it or not.

... but not to get compensation for being attacked.
  • annette kurtenannette kurten Posts: 39,543
    Forum Member

this.
  • James FrederickJames Frederick Posts: 53,184
    Forum Member

I agree people get beaten up in prison everyday no matter what crime they have committed it's just part of prison life really most don't start crying for compensation.
  • annette kurtenannette kurten Posts: 39,543
    Forum Member

clearly he has as he got compensation.
  • CLL DodgeCLL Dodge Posts: 115,784
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Being attacked in prison is as unacceptable as being attacked anywhere else. He deserves his compensation, despite being a total bastard.
    Forum Member

He clearly does as this has proven. Why shouldn't he get compensation?
    Forum Member
    I agree people get beaten up in prison everyday no matter what crime they have committed it's just part of prison life really most don't start crying for compensation.

People are victims of crime every day and don't report it, does that mean we should do nothing about the ones that do?
  • MrsWatermelonMrsWatermelon Posts: 3,209
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Why should he not be compensated?
    Forum Member
    People are victims of crime every day and don't report it, does that mean we should do nothing about the ones that do?

No but when you brake the law and go to prison you have to accept that the other inmates may not be the nicest people around and you only have yourself to blame for ending up there.
    Forum Member
    No but when you brake the law and go to prison you have to accept that the other inmates may not be the nicest people around and you only have yourself to blame for ending up there.

No you don't. You don't have to accept being physically assaulted.
  • Deep PurpleDeep Purple Posts: 63,255
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Whoever attacked him should have been prosecuted. This is playing the system, something which seems to be supported here in the case of this poor soul.
  • blue eyed guyblue eyed guy Posts: 2,470
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If when found guilty he'd been hung we'd have saved the money.
    Forum Member
    No you don't. You don't have to accept being physically assaulted.

Why not if you didn't brake the law you wouldn't have gone there I have had many family members and people I know go to prison and thought the same when anything happened to them.
    Forum Member
    Why not if you didn't brake the law you wouldn't have gone there I have had many family members and people I know go to prison and thought the same when anything happened to them.

God, who are your friends and family?

He has been sentenced for his crime, we are on a rocky road when we start saying that him being assaulted is ok.
  • Malice CooperMalice Cooper Posts: 1,266
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well he can now pay for the cost of keeping him in there for a month or two, save the rest of us having to cover it.
  • SHAFTSHAFT Posts: 4,369
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Agreed. The man is scum but I'm finding hard to get outraged about this.
    Forum Member
    God, who are your friends and family?

He has been sentenced for his crime, we are on a rocky road when we start saying that him being assaulted is ok.

I said people I know not friends as for family not people you would wish to know hence the reason I don't have anything to do with them.

My Dad has spent about half his life in and out of prison he has beaten up people and been attacked himself he knows when he goes in what life is like in there if I heard he has got hurt or even killed I can't say I'd lose any sleep over it and would just think he started on the wrong person this time not that they would tell me as we haven't spoken in 17 years.
  • TWSTWS Posts: 9,307
    Forum Member
    I have no words its ridiculous that he can benefit from murdering people. I do hope he actually lives in fear for his life every day as that should be part of his punishment, quite frankly if he is brutally murdered in there it can only really be cold justice
    Forum Member
    TWS wrote: »
    I have no words its ridiculous that he can benefit from murdering people. I do hope he actually lives in fear for his life every day as that should be part of his punishment, quite frankly if he is brutally murdered in there it can only really be cold justice

Yes he has really benefited from it hasn't he? Living the life of Riley in there I expect, never, ever to see the outside world again. And all I have to do to live this dream lifestyle is murder someone. Count me in!
  • LockesLockes Posts: 6,568
    Forum Member
    SHAFT wrote: »
    Agreed. The man is scum but I'm finding hard to get outraged about this.

me too, he got assaulted so was therefore the victim of a crime, who is entitled to claim compensation, if we start treating prisoners any differently to ourselves, with regards to our human rights, then we are on a very slippery slope
  • Deep PurpleDeep Purple Posts: 63,255
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yes he has really benefited from it hasn't he? Living the life of Riley in there I expect, never, ever to see the outside world again. And all I have to do to live this dream lifestyle is murder someone. Count me in!

How sad for him.