Options

ORB (New Irish Band)

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 79
Forum Member
They do - get this - acoustic hip hop. They've been together for about three years now and have a solid fan base in their home country. The initials stand for 'Original Rude Boys' and they picked up an award for one of their songs this year (February or so). Let me know what you think of them:
http://YouTube.com/watch?v=mbU1i2TlJ0w

Comments

• Options
    JurassicMarkJurassicMark Posts: 12,876
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    They should stick to using their full name rather than ORB or they could be confused with The Orb.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    They should stick to using their full name rather than ORB or they could be confused with The Orb.
    Maybe in Ireland they could keep their current name, and in the UK use the unabbreviated one for that reason.
  • Options
    mgvsmithmgvsmith Posts: 16,458
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think calling this song 'acoustic hip-hop' is rather misleading.
    It's actually a good pop song with a bit of rap in it, why not just call it that?

This sounds great to me and the video is strong as well.

The name of the band seems problematic.
    I guess they want us to spell out the letters O-R-B.
  • Options
    pothuthicpothuthic Posts: 47,103
    Forum Member
    I saw these guys last year, they're good live
  • Options
    GlassBalloonGlassBalloon Posts: 2,571
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Original Rude Boys was always a daft name for them, they're far too pleasant and inoffensive :D I prefer ORB but it is meant to be pronounced O-R-B, not Orb, I can see that confusing people.

I might be slightly biased seeing as they're from the same area as me but I think they're great, I'd love to see them break out into the big time! Feel It In Your Soul is a great summery song
  • Options
    Pablo79Pablo79 Posts: 200
    Forum Member
    They are hardly the Original Rude Boys as the term has been in common usage since the 1960s.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    If memory serves me correctly, they opened for the Script on their last UK tour.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,258
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If memory serves me correctly, they opened for the Script on their last UK tour.

Correct.

I saw them twice with The Script last year, and bought their album a few months after. There are some brilliant tracks on there!

I believe they have a new album coming out soon.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Pablo79 wrote: »
    They are hardly the Original Rude Boys as the term has been in common usage since the 1960s.

The name comes from a slogan printed on a T-shirt worn by one of the members.