Options

Scary Advert in Last Night's Eviction Show

vestachellesvestachelles Posts: 439
Forum Member
Did anyone see the advert last night showing a terrifying little girl with long dark hair stood in a car park or something.

I first noticed it at 9.30pm on Channel 4 during Million Pound Drop, but then it was also on during the second or third ad break of the live eviction show (sky plussed). They kept showing flashes on the girl between the adverts themselves and she did things like wave and put her thumb up. She looked kind of like the girl from The Ring. Very very scary.

I didn't catch what it was about because my 10 year old son freaked out and started screaming and crying. I know he shouldn't have been watching past the watershed, but tbh it freaked me right out too and I'm 29.

Anyone got any clue what it was about and therefore when it's going to end?!

Comments

• Options
    AsbestosInfernoAsbestosInferno Posts: 303
    Forum Member
    I'm glad someone bought this up. Seriously, it freaked me out along with 3 of my friends! I just glanced back at the screen and this girl popped up, we then rewinded and watched it again, then freaked out again!

I don't care if it's past the watershed or not, in my opinion it is wrong that they should air that. Too freaky!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Yeah, I had two mates round too and it freaked us all out. Did you figure out what the ad was for?

I'm genuinely a bit scared to watch 4 or 5 tonight. :o
  • Options
    mary03mary03 Posts: 6,281
    Forum Member
    I've just fast-forwarded last night's show to see when this appears, because like the OP, I thought it was freaky too and wanted to know if it was an ad for an upcoming film or something.

But no, it has no relevance to any of the ads and just appears inbetween all the other ads at around 42 minutes.

Very freaky indeed. And I've no idea what it's supposed to signify. :confused:
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 539
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I had to rewind it to make sure it was definately on the adverts! Creeped me right out :eek:
  • Options
    xTonixxTonix Posts: 56,274
    Forum Member
    Oh I missed that, aww man, I bet that was when I went for a wee :mad:
  • Options
    James FrederickJames Frederick Posts: 53,184
    Forum Member
    It could be a horror film but I'm usually up on upcoming horror movies (I help run a horror forum) and the only film coming out inn the next few months with a little girl in it is "Paranormal Activity 3" and that's set in a house anyway
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 937
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I did have to rewind when that came on.. That was well and trully spooky. That is also a marketing genius. Now everyone is talking about it and we are all curious to find out what it is all about.. It is probably to do with a horror film.

I was watching it by myself and thought the girl was gonna step out of the TV and merk me or something.. LMAO
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 68
    Forum Member
    It was a phones 4 u advert, thats what the girl was doing with her hands. I didn't get it at first but my hubby did.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    It could be a horror film but I'm usually up on upcoming horror movies (I help run a horror forum) and the only film coming out inn the next few months with a little girl in it is "Paranormal Activity 3" and that's set in a house anyway

If it was advertising it would have some sort of name or something! It's so annoying. As someone else has said we needed to rewind a few times to make sure it was in fact an advert, and there wasn't a scary girl haunting our TV.
  • Options
    Forum Member

It might not have been a car park. I was too busy comforting my son to notice for sure.

I'm too scared to google paranormal activity 3 incase the website goes freaky on me, plus my sons are in the room. Does the girl in it have long dark hair and sunken black eyes?
  • Options
    James FrederickJames Frederick Posts: 53,184
    Forum Member
    It might not have been a car park. I was too busy comforting my son to notice for sure.

I'm too scared to google paranormal activity 3 incase the website goes freaky on me, plus my sons are in the room. Does the girl in it have long dark hair and sunken black eyes?

No not to my knowledge.

It's not the girls what are freaking in it anyway it's about 2 girls haunted by a ghost.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    True about the marketing genius. They do this kind of thing occasionally, don't they. I only saw her put her thumb up and wave, not do the phones 4 U thing.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    sassyblue wrote: »
    It was a phones 4 u advert, thats what the girl was doing with her hands. I didn't get it at first but my hubby did.

Really? :eek:

Well it's certainly got us all talking about it.:o
  • Options
    Forum Member
    sassyblue wrote: »

Thanks for the heads up. Just found this article:

http://www.marketingweek.co.uk/sectors/telecoms-and-it/phones-4u-looks-to-reach-older-audience-with-scary-ads/3030491.article
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Look what I found: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N2oL_gXECtg

SCARY BE WARNED..LOL
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Look what I found: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N2oL_gXECtg

SCARY BE WARNED..LOL

Thanks....but I'm well freaked out now :eek:
  • Options
    turtlebeanturtlebean Posts: 389
    Forum Member
    I can see children being freaked out by that but not adults! :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Oh my god. I am so angry with phones 4 U. They're allowed to show it after 7.30pm?!!! So I can't let my boys watch X Factor. It was horrifying.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    turtlebean wrote: »
    I can see children being freaked out by that but not adults! :D

Speak for yourself amigo. I almost pooped my pants and I aint no child.. lol :p:o
  • Options
    turtlebeanturtlebean Posts: 389
    Forum Member
    that's wot i'm sayin- WEIRD! but then i've seen a lot of movies so not easily scared :E~~~
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 726
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The campaign’s TV spots include horror themed 30-second films, which will be preceded by a series of five “subliminal messaging-style” 2-second blip TV ads, featuring a scary girl character, designed as teasers to evoke conversation around the new creative.

Job done then!

For those with children...this is cleared for post 7.30pm...so get your complaints to the ASA ready now :D

I didn't think it was scary, cool but not scary. But maybe it should be post watershed. I can see a 6/7/8yr old having probs going to bed after seeing it :eek:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    The campaign’s TV spots include horror themed 30-second films, which will be preceded by a series of five “subliminal messaging-style” 2-second blip TV ads, featuring a scary girl character, designed as teasers to evoke conversation around the new creative.

Job done then!

For those with children...this is cleared for post 7.30pm...so get your complaints to the ASA ready now :D

I didn't think it was scary, cool but not scary. But maybe it should be post watershed. I can see a 6/7/8yr old having probs going to bed after seeing it :eek:

Cleared for a 7.30pm slot? If I was a parent of young children, I'd want this to be after the watershed. That ad is sure to give a lot of children nightmares before going to bed. :eek:
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10,188
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    So extreme reactions are not just confined to the show any more! Even the ads cause outrage.
    Not horrifyingly out-freaking.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 16,986
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    In what parallel universe ad men inhabit is scaring prospective customers sh!tless a good strategy?

That ad is aversion therapy.
  • Options
    AnotherBoxAnotherBox Posts: 2,747
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I didn't find it scary, but younger kids could have nightmares - it should be after the watershed.