Man United Supporters Thread (Part 48)

Comments

• Eddie hunterEddie hunter Posts: 4,231
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Chels next fixtures away at Everton and home to Arsenal. Not exactly easy games.

Never go back.

The relationship between Mourinho and Abramovich means that there probably isn't the same level of slack in results that a manager of the Champions should have. The perceived pragmatic football is still an issue you feel.

As for Liverpool, they just have a crap manager who buys badly and deploys them even more badly. His big chance was a couple of seasons ago and he blew it, he won't get that chance again.
  • batdude_uk1batdude_uk1 Posts: 78,722
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think he's started already, going by the garble that he was texting me. :D

:D

Prepare for it to get even more garbled as the night goes on! :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Never go back.

The relationship between Mourinho and Abramovich means that there probably isn't the same level of slack in results that a manager of the Champions should have. The perceived pragmatic football is still an issue you feel.

As for Liverpool, they just have a crap manager who buys badly and deploys them even more badly. His big chance was a couple of seasons ago and he blew it, he won't get that chance again.

The trouble is who else do Chelsea go for, if Jose was to be no longer their manager? They have gone through a plethora of different managers in recent times, only to end up back with Jose out of necessity.
    It will be very interesting to see quite which way they do go, once they make the decision to no longer have Jose as their manager.

Liverpool were always pushing against the tide somewhat, a lot came together for them to have a title challenging season that they did a few years ago.
    They missed the boat then, and I cannot see them getting as close again for a while again.
  • Grim FandangoGrim Fandango Posts: 4,038
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Never go back.

Get the feeling BR is still in there because they've been unable to find a better option. One wonders how much longer they can persist with him though, he's spent a huge amount of money.

Hopefully we can turn them over next weekend and seal his fate!!
  • Tony_DanielsTony_Daniels Posts: 3,575
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The trouble is who else do Chelsea go for, if Jose was to be no longer their manager? They have gone through a plethora of different managers in recent times, only to end up back with Jose out of necessity.
    It will be very interesting to see quite which way they do go, once they make the decision to no longer have Jose as their manager.

Liverpool were always pushing against the tide somewhat, a lot came together for them to have a title challenging season that they did a few years ago.
    They missed the boat then, and I cannot see them getting as close again for a while again.

Guardiola, Klopp, Conte, Simeone

...to name 4.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Get the feeling BR is still in there because they've been unable to find a better option. One wonders how much longer they can persist with him though, he's spent a huge amount of money.

Klopp is available, his price is going up more and more, the longer he waits!

Although I wonder if he would only be interested in a Champions League club at this stage of his career.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If Chelsea had even as much as rescued a point the papers would have loved talking up Falcao as some kind of saviour and masterstroke by Jose. God bless J Ward! :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

It's to his credit that he's spent so much money and yet seemingly there's absolutely no expectations on him at all.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Guardiola, Klopp, Conte, Simeone

...to name 4.

Edit:- Yes those are some pretty good names, but would Pep or Simeone really leave their current clubs? I guess money talks, but it would be a bit of a shock in my eyes of they did.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Edit:- Yes those are some pretty good names, but would Pep or Simeone really leave their current clubs? I guess money talks, but it would be a bit of a shock in my eyes of they did.

I think there's a fair chance both of those could leave next summer. You have to wonder how much further Simeone can take AM, and Pep has been linked with a move away from Bayern ever since he joined.

Chelsea will be able to find a big manager for the post, no problem.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

You might be wearing your 'the only club Balotelli could possibly sign for is Scunthorpe' hat again there.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You might be wearing your 'the only club Balotelli could possibly sign for is Scunthorpe' hat again there.

Possibly.

I hope Brenden stays their for a while longer, as he is doing a brilliant job there! ;-)
  • Jamesp84Jamesp84 Posts: 31,176
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Mourinho's got to be careful that he doesn't lapse into 'third season syndrome', where he picks silly rows, falls out with the board and half his squad and then gets sacked. He's got form for it. So does Van Gaal to be fair.

I think Rodgers is on dodgy ground at Liverpool, despite the noises to the contrary. If it's true that their transfer committee has been dispensed with and he's now solely responsible for picking players then he's got no excuses anymore. That was always the defence put up by people for him in the past.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Jamesp84 wrote: »
    Mourinho's got to be careful that he doesn't lapse into 'third season syndrome', where he picks silly rows, falls out with the board and half his squad and then gets sacked. He's got form for it. So does Van Gaal to be fair.

I think Rodgers is on dodgy ground at Liverpool, despite the noises to the contrary. If it's true that their transfer committee has been dispensed with and he's now solely responsible for picking players then he's got no excuses anymore. That was always the defence put up by people for him in the past.

I think you can see Jose is already in that set pattern, he seems very edgy and almost out of control at the moment.
    The falling out with Eva just highlights this.

He is on a very slippery slope, as you cannot imagine that Roman is happy with how things are currently looking.

Brenden I think is a bit more safe, although still in danger, as he is the one that their owners handpicked.
  • Eddie hunterEddie hunter Posts: 4,231
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    FSG will drop Rodgers in a flash. He was on dodgy ground his summer as it is. At the end of the day the fans will make or break him as well and they aren't happy.

He has wasted an incredible amount of money there, although you can't really always be sure who is pulling the strings.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Very glad we didn't blow big bucks on Kane.

Wasting chances left right and centre.
  • Syntax ErrorSyntax Error Posts: 27,790
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Jamesp84 wrote: »

That Mourinho 'third season' thing seems to be spot on.

He does seem to run out of steam by his third season & then moves onto somewhere else & starts collecting trophies again.

Can't be all bad though, even Falcao managed to score.

I hope they kept the highlights footage of that goal because it might be worth a lot of money in years to come!:blush::p
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That Mourinho 'third season' thing seems to be spot on.

He does seem to run out of steam by his third season & then moves onto somewhere else & starts collecting trophies again.

Can't be all bad though, even Falcao managed to score.

I hope they kept the highlights footage of that goal because it might be worth a lot of money in years to come!:blush::p

To be fair, even we got Falcao to score on a few occasions!

I wonder where he will end up next? He surely cannot go to Barcelona, he has already had the Real Madrid job, same for Porto, and Inter in Italy.

Bayern don't seem to keen on him from recent comments about him, so I don't know where he will end up next, Portugal national team head coach?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I wonder where he will end up next? He surely cannot go to Barcelona, he has already had the Real Madrid job, same for Porto, and Inter in Italy.

Bayern don't seem to keen on him from recent comments about him, so I don't know where he will end up next, Portugal national team head coach?

Yes he'll definitely struggle for work.

You do this every time when talking about an opposition player/manager/club.
  • Syntax ErrorSyntax Error Posts: 27,790
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Now there's a question.:cool:

I think he has run out of big clubs to go to & will probably stay at Chelsea beyond this season, unless they don't pick up & Abramovich send him packing.

I think the only job he would take next would be the Portuguese national job, as I don't see him not wanting to be in charge of a European superpower club.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Okay then, where do you think he will end up next?

Where did O say he will struggle for work?? I said I didn't know where he will end up next.
  • homer2012homer2012 Posts: 5,216
    Forum Member

To be fair Batdude asked a very good question, I think personally Jose could end up at man city or PSG with the latter more probable.

Would be great if Chelsea lose there next 2 games
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Okay then, where do you think he will end up next?

I think he'll go to a big club or an international job!!!!
  • catsaregreycatsaregrey Posts: 1,128
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    clearly he will only be able to get the dog and ducks 3rd team managerial job.
  • Joey BoswellJoey Boswell Posts: 25,141
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Hummm what about Dundee United, he hasn't managed in Scotland yet?
This discussion has been closed.