Forum Member
✭✭✭
i hope this is good. i quite like tom cruise's sci-fi films

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J9hQoft2AeU#t=183

Comments

• Syntax ErrorSyntax Error Posts: 27,803
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's a Tom Cruise action film, so you can pretty much expect it to be entertaining, but having watched the trailer for this, I looks like the most confusing plot of all-time.
  • TributeTribute Posts: 820
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    PJ68 wrote: »
    i hope this is good. i quite like tom cruise's sci-fi films

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J9hQoft2AeU#t=183

I did too u til I saw Obliviozzzzzzzzzz.
  • Slarti BartfastSlarti Bartfast Posts: 6,607
    Forum Member
    War of the Worlds meets Groundhog Day anyone? :D I'm actually looking forward to it.

Oh, and I quite liked Oblivion.
  • MrSuperMrSuper Posts: 18,543
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I like Tom Cruise and i like it when he makes interesting films like this, Oblivion and Jack Reacher all of which i really liked and enjoyed.

I'm looking forward to this, love the sci-fi route he's started going down and also because Emily Blunt is in it and she rocks. Hope it's as good as the trailer.
  • StrakerStraker Posts: 79,653
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's a Tom Cruise action film, so you can pretty much expect it to be entertaining, but having watched the trailer for this, I looks like the most confusing plot of all-time.

Really? Seems self-explanatory to me.
  • shoestring25shoestring25 Posts: 4,715
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    looking forward to this its getting good reviews:)
  • MotthusMotthus Posts: 7,280
    Forum Member
    This does look decent and it has been getting good reviews so it will be worth a watch when it comes out on Friday!
  • zwixxxzwixxx Posts: 10,295
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    MrSuper wrote: »
    I like Tom Cruise and i like it when he makes interesting films like this, Oblivion and Jack Reacher all of which i really liked and enjoyed.
    I loved Jack Reacher so seeked (?) out the book series (audiobook versions) and am loving that too. :)

As for Edge of Tomorrow - looks like a perfect movie to munch popcorn too :p
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The Cruiser is all over the morning shows at a miserable looking 7am premiere at the South Bank. Easily the least glamorous red carpet of all time.
  • MysteriousOzMysteriousOz Posts: 6,230
    Forum Member
    Straker wrote: »
    The Cruiser is all over the morning shows at a miserable looking 7am premiere at the South Bank. Easily the least glamorous red carpet of all time.

I know how weird, he is apparently doing 3 premieres in one day, tight budget or just no time?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I know how weird, he is apparently doing 3 premieres in one day, tight budget or just no time?

On Sky he said it was to mirror the movie - Live. Die. Repeat.

Without Concorde that`s gonna be a bit of a slog!
  • Naa_KwaKaiNaa_KwaKai Posts: 1,883
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
  • Danger CloseDanger Close Posts: 3,281
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    zwixxx wrote: »
    I loved Jack Reacher so seeked (?) out the book series (audiobook versions) and am loving that too. :)

As for Edge of Tomorrow - looks like a perfect movie to munch popcorn too :p

sought

Most people had a problem with Jack Reacher because in the books he's supposed to be a bit of a mountain and Tom is tiny.

As for EoT, looks like it might be good. Groundhog Day on the battlefield.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    i really want to see this getting been on utube watching some peoples reviews and its getting great reviews and people saying one of their favorite films of the year
  • JasonJason Posts: 76,557
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Probably my only "must see" at the moment. I'm not a massive Tom Cruise fan but I'm a sucker for a Groundhog Day type plot in any kind of film so I really want to see this. Will probably go to the cheapo cinema on Sunday morning.
  • Trsvis_BickleTrsvis_Bickle Posts: 9,202
    Forum Member
    deleted
  • Ethel_FredEthel_Fred Posts: 34,127
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Tom Cruise dies time and time again.

Sounds good to me. :D
  • StansfieldStansfield Posts: 6,097
    Forum Member
    It's a stunning film - 9/10

Best film I've seen, in a long time.:cool:

Paris never looked better.;-)
  • stripedcatstripedcat Posts: 6,689
    Forum Member
    I'm a bit skeptic about this - especially after the disappointment of Oblivion(it was okay - but nothing special).

Cruise needs a decent film - something like Magnolia - he has had quite a few duds recently.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    i thought 3 of his last 4 films (not including edge of tomorrow) were good MI4, jack reacher, and oblivion,

the stinker rock of ages

people seem to think just because they didnt like a the tom cruise si-fi film (oblivion) they wont like another tom cruise sci-fi film.
  • PointyPointy Posts: 1,762
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This film deserves to beat Seth MacFarlane's and Angelina Jolie's duds at the box office.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm actually one of the few people that really liked Oblivion :)

But then I'm not going to see this exclusively for Cruise. I really like the sound of the story and, as i said, i'm a sucker for a groundhog day type plot anyway.
  • StansfieldStansfield Posts: 6,097
    Forum Member
    I'm actually one of the few people that really liked Oblivion :)

But then I'm not going to see this exclusively for Cruise. I really like the sound of the story and, as i said, i'm a sucker for a groundhog day type plot anyway.
    A fan of that film too.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    i like oblivion as well :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Glad to hear i'm not the only one then :)