Options

Libyan Soldiers Who Sexually Assaulted Women Seek Asylum

Comments

• Options
    BigAndy99BigAndy99 Posts: 3,277
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Perhaps hold back the anger and outrage for when their applications for asylum are granted?

And if they're not granted then all is well with regards to this particular case.

Say what?
  • Options
    Sport1Sport1 Posts: 8,819
    Forum Member
    This thread is outrage soundbite bingo.
  • Options
    David BowieDavid Bowie Posts: 272
    Forum Member
    F**k these guys, boot them out of the country.

Remember back in 2000 when those Afghans hijacked a plane to claim Asylum in the UK? They were allowed to stay!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    F**k these guys, boot them out of the country.

Remember back in 2000 when those Afghans hijacked a plane to claim Asylum in the UK? They were allowed to stay!

Well of course they were!

The human rights law does not consider anything other than the person using it - that's the way it works.
  • Options
    scottie2121scottie2121 Posts: 11,284
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    dekaf wrote: »
    They shouldn't even be allowed to apply. Straight from prison, on to a plane and out of here.

It doesn't work that way.

Perhaps you should lobby your MP.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The fact that they have the nerve to even apply for asylum is enough to anger people and I don't blame them for showing it here.

Some people just look for things to be angry about.

And then there are the permanently outraged.

And there are those who like to calmly and purposefully stoke the fires of anger, prejudice and hatred.

What these men did was appalling but there's a legal process to be followed. Hopefully, the end result is that they will be deported which, IMO, would be absolutely the right outcome.
  • Options
    jjwalesjjwales Posts: 48,574
    Forum Member

What these men did was appalling but there's a legal process to be followed. Hopefully, the end result is that they will be deported which, IMO, would be absolutely the right outcome.

Now guys, don't you go spoiling things by posting sensible comments!
  • Options
    sutiesutie Posts: 32,645
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Perhaps hold back the anger and outrage for when their applications for asylum are granted?

And if they're not granted then all is well with regards to this particular case.

Maybe you could write to them and offer your support.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    sutie wrote: »
    Maybe you could write to them and offer your support.

Why would I when I don't support them?

You've made a wrong assumption.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sport1 wrote: »
    This thread is outrage soundbite bingo.

Perfect for you to post your cynical disregard then.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    BigAndy99 wrote: »
    Say what?

Rather than me repeating it, you just need to read it again.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Why would I when I don't support them?

You've made a wrong assumption.

If you say so. ^_^
  • Options
    MinnieMinzMinnieMinz Posts: 4,052
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

And there are those who like to calmly and purposefully stoke the fires of anger, prejudice and hatred.

I usually agree with a lot of what you say, but people are entitled to be angry about this and no amount of "oh its just angry internet peeps" is going to stop that anger.
  • Options
    stoatiestoatie Posts: 78,106
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If you say so. ^_^

How does "hopefully the end result is that they will be deported" equate to support?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    jjwales wrote: »
    Now guys, don't you go spoiling things by posting sensible comments!

Oh of course. I mean for heaven's sake don't show concern that monsters like this may be offered leave to stay here and continue to offend..... Oh wait, that's right, there's no chance of you doing so is there?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oh of course. I mean for heaven's sake don't show concern that monsters like this may be offered leave to stay here and continue to offend..... Oh wait, that's right, there's no chance of you doing so is there?

Is there anything they won't attempt to justify? getting bored of it now.

"yes they are wrong BUT"
    "yes we should deport them BUT"
    "its not for you to decide its the legal process"

For some people who claim to be in agreement they spend an awfully long time appearing to defend them all over this forum on various threads. Call them out on it and it becomes "no they need to go BUT" again and again.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    MinnieMinz wrote: »
    I usually agree with a lot of what you say, but people are entitled to be angry about this and no amount of "oh its just angry internet peeps" is going to stop that anger.

Seems a bit early for people to get angry about it though. Maybe they should wait to see what the outcome is first?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    stoatie wrote: »
    How does "hopefully the end result is that they will be deported" equate to support?

I was about to ask if you were familiar with his posting history, but I know you will be, so I would suggest precedent is a compelling reason.
  • Options
    Forum Member

"yes they are wrong BUT"

For some people who claim to be in agreement they spend an awfully long time appearing to defend them all over this forum on various threads. Call them out on it and it becomes "no they need to go BUT" again and again.

Nothing is being justified other than proper legal process. Sorry if that bores you!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

"yes they are wrong BUT"

Spot on. I'm glad more people are seeing through the fog.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Seems a bit early for people to get angry about it though. Maybe they should wait to see what the outcome is first?
    Nothing is being justified other than proper legal process. Sorry if that bores you!

It;s not too early at all what on earth are you thinking. These people assaulted british women on british streets and now wish to claim the right to live here. Now repeat that back to yourself aloud and understand how people might be a bit peeved about that.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Really?

Why were they here - the population never wanted them here.

Why were they down town?

This should never have happened!!!

I am already angry at what has already happened - i won't be getting any angrier when the next load of bad news comes!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

You, and a handful of other posters always go out of their way to diminish any outrageous crime by cynically disregarding people's normal and rightful concern.

Maybe you thought people wouldn't notice?
  • Options
    stoatiestoatie Posts: 78,106
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I was about to ask if you were familiar with his posting history, but I know you will be,

Yeah, vaguely. I seem to remember he's not usually a supporter of men who abuse women.
    so I would suggest precedent is a compelling reason.

Interestingly legalistic turn of phrase for someone who's suggesting we disregard the law.

Look, if they are granted asylum, it will be ludicrous (imho they should have been locked up for far longer, too); seems to me fairly obvious we should get shot of them. But as soon as we start basing our legal system on whether things are "obvious" we're screwed.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Spot on. I'm glad more people are seeing through the fog.

It's all over the forum from the same handful of people. If you ask them about it they become most dismissive as if we are in the wrong for asking why they appear to be defending or supporting these people, but that is how their posts read when they constantly come up with reasons we shouldn't "judge" and these people have "rights". How about the women they sexually assaulted, don't they have rights as well. Or the farmers and families whose land is being destroyed by the wave of migrants who are rioting and using violence and demanding and throwing food away, no we must give them what they want as they have "rights" while ignoring the rights of everyone else getting stood on. Sorry end of rant :(