Acoustic Solutions 32in HD Ready LCD TV

124»

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 32
    Forum Member
    the build quality is "cheap".

the remote is awful and the tv casing vibrates when there is too much bass.

get what you pay for! (i can live with it!)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 32
    Forum Member
    An annoyance for me is switching between AV channels.

I have Sky on EXT1, and my xbox is on EXT3.

Switching between the two is quite painful, the response from the TV is very slow, takes approx 10 seconds to get from EXT1 to EXT3, unless I use the menu (but more key presses).
  • Rd100Rd100 Posts: 1,649
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    On mine to stop the vibrate all i had to do was remove the plastic slide off cover over the svhs socket & headphone socket on the right hand side,
    Hi5 wrote:
    the build quality is "cheap".

the remote is awful and the tv casing vibrates when there is too much bass.

get what you pay for! (i can live with it!)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12
    Forum Member
    Rd100 wrote:
    On mine to stop the vibrate all i had to do was remove the plastic slide off cover over the svhs socket & headphone socket on the right hand side,

Thanks for that advice! I never thought of doing that, just thought it was a bit cheap too! :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3
    Forum Member
    My take on this TV:

I joined the forum primarily to comment on this TV and to see if there was anymore info before I decided what to do about it.

I bought one of these at the weekend for my son.
    Straight away he said it was c*ap for his PS2 pro evolution game, then we looked at some footy on it and again there was a noticible blurring when there was any sudden movement. The connection used was composite as PS2 does not have component output.

I have not been able to find what the response time on this is from anyone, anywhere. I've tried every variation on the settings and got some improvement; strangly when the noise reduction is disabled it copes better with motion - but not enough for my son. We are using it as the main TV at the moment and my son has our old CRT.

My guess is that the tv is 12ms. However, as has been said on other threads, even at 8ms you will get some blurring as it is an inherent feature of LCD that they do not cope with fast motion as well as CRT no matter what you pay for it.
    My brother has a 20" PC LCD TV i.e. a pc monitor with a tuner which is 4ms and his gaming is pretty good with no noticible blurring.

My conclusion is that the TV is very good value for normal TV veiwing sound OK, picture and colours very good, easy to set up and use etc but that I going for the 8ms tv at Aldi tomorrow and if I get I'll take this one back to Argos. The Aldi tv will still probably not be brill for gaming but televised sport should hopefully be OK.

In case anyone was wondering what happened to my story with this TV, here it is;

I decided to try to "stick with it" up to the 16 day Argos return period hoping that by trying every single combination of settings and leads, that I would eventually get a decent picture for football and other fast motion sports, because this is the main weakness i.e. blurring. Unfortunately, it was still poor ("normal" TV was not brill but OK) no matter what. I was convinced that the response time was 12 ms or worse. I asked neighbours and people who already had LCD's what they thought to try to establish whether it was the TV or all LCD's. Didn't get a consitant answer !!

The time to get the Aldi one came and went, but by then i made my mind up to get the Evesham Alqumi 32" at £499 with a 3 year swap warranty.

When I got it out the box, i looked at the inputs and then the instruction booklet and a certain horror started to fill me as it seemed very familiar. I could not believe my bad luck.
    Lo and behold it was obviously made by the same people who made the Acoustic Solutions but was in a much nicer black case.

I set it up and switched on - even the menus are EXACTLY the same and immediately noticed an appreciable improvement. That was 5 days ago and I'm delighted with it. No noticable blurring and even PS2 Pro Evo is playable.
    Highly recommended.

I can only assume that the Evesham is a "newer" version. Certainly it has a stated 8 ms response wheras the Acoustic did not say and it was impossible to find out what the response time was.
    I got my money back from Argos on day 15 - just told them the truth - c*ap picture quality.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1
    Forum Member
    I purchased a Wharfedale LCD2710HDAF from Argos back in June but had to return it at the weekend due to a faulty power supply (kept turning itself off) Decided to get a refund and then buy it again online as it was cheaper but opted for this one instead as it was 50 quid cheaper and 32" instead of 26"

It was a doddle to setup (have it connected to my old sky box downstairs via the RF2 connection and a Sky eye) and the wall mount brackets were the same as the Wharfedale which was handy. Okay, i'd agree the build quality isn't as good as the Wharfedale but the picture looks okay to me and if anything i don't seem to get as much blurring with fast moving pictures as the Wharfedale (this is my first LCD tv so can't really compare it to anything else except the Wharfedale)

Overall i'm happy with it especially for the price and as it's for the bedroom i didn't want to splash out too much.

The only annoying thing is the blue light when it is on standby (although not as bad as the Wharefdale) I'm sure the neighbours across the road can see it !
    Bit of a pain really as i have to get out of bed to turn it off. Still, it will save on the electric bill.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 806
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    There is only one annoying thing about this tv and that is the time it takes to change ext numbers! Its ridiculous takes a about 5 seconds per extension and there are 7 to go through so switching between Sky and Xbox 360 can take up to 35 seconds!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11
    Forum Member
    32" LCD32NK75OHD

anyone got a playstation 3 connected to this tv?

buying a ps3 next week and need to know what its like on this tv