Options

Watching Sky in another room without Multi-room

What is the best thing for me to buy to enable me to watch Sky on my bedroom tv?
I dont want to pay out for mulit-room, so I'm quite happy to have some sort of signal sender/receiver. Question is, whats the best bet for me to get?

Comments

• Options
    broadzbroadz Posts: 2,363
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Run a long aerial lead from RF2 output on back of Sky box into RF in aerial socket on the TV in your bedroom. Tune channel 6 on the TV to Sky. Watch Sky.
  • Options
    Herts IronHerts Iron Posts: 76
    Forum Member
    And without having leads showing? Or having the trouble of puting leads into walls?
  • Options
    chrisjrchrisjr Posts: 33,282
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    First question I would ask though is....

Do you want to watch two different Sky channels on the two TV's, eg Sky Sports in the Bedroom and Sky Movies in the living room at the same time?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    That I'm not too fussed about, I'm quite happy to put in on a channel and watch it before going to sleep. But to be honest, is the other even an option as I have never considered it possible from one box?
  • Options
    chrisjrchrisjr Posts: 33,282
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Two channels out of a single box is not an option.

So if that is not a problem then just hook up a video sender to the Sky box. If you are not using the VCR SCART on the Sky box then that would be an option.

The main problems with Video Senders are...

They don't much like transmitting through walls and floors. So OK if the bedroom is above the living room but might be an issue if the Sky box is in the basement and the bedroom is in the attic on the opposite side of the house! :)

If you or your neighbours have wireless networking on your broadband, or your neighbours have video senders themselves you may struggle to find a completely interference free channel.

Though if you do have a wireless router and can get a decent signal on a laptop in the bedroom (assuming the router is in the same room as the Sky box) then chances are a Video Sender will work as well - as long as a free channel exists obviously.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Nice one.

Where is the best place to get these? I take it its a standard piece of kit?
  • Options
    lumpbottomlumpbottom Posts: 18,918
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    You could always get another box. Lots of people who have gone over to Sky+ are giving away their old boxes on Freecycle:)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 44
    Forum Member
    You can send the picture from your sky box to the TV in the bedroom wireless with this bit of kit wireless video sender
    Click on the link.
    I think the product is around £45 and it will suit your needs including the ability to change the chanel on the sky box from the bedroom.
    Let me know how you get on and what you think
    Good luck

AV