Yamada/umax dvx-6100

1789101113»

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,998
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    nice site but i think its classsed as Spam!
  • DJ BensonDJ Benson Posts: 576
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Originally posted by PreZiCion
    nice site but i think its classsed as Spam!

What? Posting the link? Surely spamming is posting the link all over the foums? I have posted it once in a thread directly related to the content of my site.

If it is against the rules of DS, I'll edit my post.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 169
    Forum Member
    djbenson

while i admire your ethusiasm for the Yamada player i do not see the need for posting another support site when the current one is fully functional and provides all that is needed for us Yamada users.

I also do not agree that you are trying to sell firmware upgrade discs for £2.50 when it is free from yamada's web site. (it would be very rare that somebody would buy this player and not have a cd burner, and im sure Yamada would not be too happy either).

However you are entitle to post what you like and i wish you all the luck with your site.

Sheridan2000
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 97
    Forum Member
    Hi All,

I know that this is slightly 'off-topic', but has anyone seen the new Xcico Multi-region AEP 400 MPEG-4 DVD Player? It is only available at limited outlets and I was wondering if anyone knew anything about it?

I am in the market for a cheapish replacement for my 2nd Yamada that gave up the ghost before xmas :cry:
  • DJ BensonDJ Benson Posts: 576
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Originally posted by sheridan2000
    djbenson

while i admire your ethusiasm for the Yamada player i do not see the need for posting another support site when the current one is fully functional and provides all that is needed for us Yamada users.

I also do not agree that you are trying to sell firmware upgrade discs for £2.50 when it is free from yamada's web site. (it would be very rare that somebody would buy this player and not have a cd burner, and im sure Yamada would not be too happy either).

However you are entitle to post what you like and i wish you all the luck with your site.

Sheridan2000

The firmware CD's are available for people without access to a CD writer (as you said - not many) and also people who are having trouble burning the CD's.

They are a last resort - and the idea is not a money making scheme - the cost covers a CD in a jewel case, packaging and recorded delivery - so I'd be amazed if there was any profit. Also, I could provide you with my private message log which clearly shows that I offer support in upgrading the firmware via my site before I agree on the sale of a CD. Many people have contacted me about buying a CD - but I have been able to guide them through without the need for them spending any more money.

As for if we need another site or not - my site is a dedicated site, with dedicated technical support (where can such a site be found?) Also, I think the membership numbers and page hits speak for themselves (over 100 members and 20,000 unique page hits in 3 weeks).

I thank you! ;)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2
    Forum Member
    Hi,
    I've been thinking about getting
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2
    Forum Member
    a divx dvd player for a while now due to the ammount of divx films i have =)

I read all of the post in this thread and noticed that a few people have said that alot of their disks wont play... that is really gonna suck for me since i got like over 2000 cds / dvds worth of movies / series etc... could anyone tell me wether the new firmware you have been talking about makes the dvx-6100 more tollerant??

Also i noticed that someone said the player will not read files beginning with [ (open square bracket) is this true? cos quite alot of my files are like that... and there's no way in hell i'm gonna re-burn them ;)

Thankyou firstly for this thread in general, as it has been very helpful to me, and also in advance for any helpful response i may recieve

Mike
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1
    Forum Member
    Hi All this is my 1st time posting so i cant Start new Thread sorry.

AnyWays im Looking For A Yamada-2100 DVD Remote i seem to Have lost it within my move to a new house so im just wondering if anybody has a Link where i can get remote or if there is Anybody that is Selling one.

If you know Of n e websites Link me to one Or if that you are selling the remote please Add me on MSN Messenger or E-mail @ shAw@overated.net id appreciate any help

Thanks

ShAw
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,330
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Weird - I purchased my yamada 6100 a week ago on amazon, but when I got it out the box I found that the remote was a dud! Good ol' amazon have just sent me an email saying they've sent a replacement - what nice gals and girls they are :)

Apart from my remote problems I really haven't had any difficulties with the player - even some DIVX files that refuse to play in sync on my PC will play fine.
    Another Good thing is that the menus are just like my old Sampo (another cheap Chinese brand) so I haven't any problems in that department.

Any-whoo, I hear that they are bringing out a new version of the player soon (6600) - be interesting to see what new features it has...
  • NailzNailz Posts: 3,052
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Originally posted by damndirtyape

Any-whoo, I hear that they are bringing out a new version of the player soon (6600) - be interesting to see what new features it has...

Details on the new 6600 are here:
    http://www.umax.de/WebNew/Produkte/9_HomeEntertainment/DVX-6600/DVX-6600.htm

I think it will sell in the UK for the same price as the 6100 is now (£80), and 6100 will drop by about 20 quid. Should hit the stores here in April.

New features include:
    Global Motion Compensation (GMC) and
    Quarter Pixel Compensation (Q-PEL)

Whatever they are ???
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 72
    Forum Member
    Why is it that none of these players play .ogm and .mkv files?

I currently own a Philips DVP630 DivX DVD player.

It's very good but doesn't play many of the rarer codec types out there such as Matroska (.mkv), OggMedia (.ogm), Windows Media (.wmv), Quicktime (.mov) and also some variations on the mpeg4 codec (such as Q-Pel).

Also, I hate the way that a video file name is limited to a 10 character display.

Anyway, does anybody out there know of a standalone DVD player that is truly 'multi codec' and that is likely to be kept regularly updated in line with the ever changing world of video codecs.

I was looking at the Yamada DVX-6700 DivX DVD Player here which plays QPel and GMC...any good?

[Actually I just read that Yamada plan to upgrade the 6700 firmware to read Vorbis Ogg files - I wonder if this is the video or audio because most DivX players play .wma but not .wmv - anyone know why that is?]
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 20
    Forum Member
    chocky909 wrote:
    Why is it that none of these players play .ogm and .mkv files?

I currently own a Philips DVP630 DivX DVD player.

It's very good but doesn't play many of the rarer codec types out there such as Matroska (.mkv), OggMedia (.ogm), Windows Media (.wmv), Quicktime (.mov) and also some variations on the mpeg4 codec (such as Q-Pel).

Also, I hate the way that a video file name is limited to a 10 character display.

Anyway, does anybody out there know of a standalone DVD player that is truly 'multi codec' and that is likely to be kept regularly updated in line with the ever changing world of video codecs.

I was looking at the Yamada DVX-6700 DivX DVD Player here which plays QPel and GMC...any good?

[Actually I just read that Yamada plan to upgrade the 6700 firmware to read Vorbis Ogg files - I wonder if this is the video or audio because most DivX players play .wma but not .wmv - anyone know why that is?]
    First - may I extend a warm welcome back to this thread that has been sleeping for about 15 months - I disposed of my Yamada (bloody awful player) in January, and had forgotten that I was 'subscribed' to this old thread.

This is however a good point. I have been looking for a while now for a 'play all' machine, that will recognise all the codecs that my PC will play. If my PC can do it, then why is it beyond a stand alone player?

Mind you - I would now expect my dream player to cope with the HD versions of WMV and DivX as well.

I expect I will have a long wait.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 72
    Forum Member
    JamesM wrote:
    I disposed of my Yamada (bloody awful player) in January

What were the main problems with the Yamada coz I was thinking of picking up one?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 20
    Forum Member
    chocky909 wrote:
    What were the main problems with the Yamada coz I was thinking of picking up one?
    I can't say that the problems I had were typical of the brand - I may just have been unlucky.

First, I had problems in playing regular DVDs. Often, they wouldn't be recognised as DVD discs. That didn't worry me too much as I bought the machine primarily to play DivX. Later, the player wouldn't play anything at all. I sold it 'for spares' at a local car boot sale. I can't say I miss it. I am using a Neo Neu now, which has (so far) worked perfectly with everything I have thrown at it.