I would defientaly say Louis or Niall
  • Big Boy BarryBig Boy Barry Posts: 35,290
    Forum Member
    Just one?
  • LaVieEnRoseLaVieEnRose Posts: 12,836
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Can someone wake me up? We are in 2013, aren't we

People seriously spent time speculating who is gay and who isn't. How sad of you all?

Sad? Cynical, more like. You're missing the point. This is a manufactured group, its members carefully selected by Simon Cowell to appeal to specific markets. Of course there will be a "gay one". Cowell wouldn't miss that trick.
  • Big Boy BarryBig Boy Barry Posts: 35,290
    Forum Member
    Every boyband should follow this model...

1- The "leader". The one who handles most of the vocals.
    2- The "bad boy". The one with tattoos, who dates skanks and will probably leave first
    3- The "gay one". Who may not be gay at all, but still receives speculation over it
    4/5- The "background two". Who add harmonies.
  • walterwhitewalterwhite Posts: 56,564
    Forum Member
    SuperAPJ wrote: »
    By process of elimination, Jason Orange.

And what is your evidence for that?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,143
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Niall has been single for quite a long time hasn't he? Obviously single doesn't = gay but it makes me wonder. With that being said, I don't get a very gay vibe from him, either in interviews or on twitter. Maybe he's just shy.
  • SuperAPJSuperAPJ Posts: 10,402
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    And what is your evidence for that?

If we imagine that the "rule" that every boyband has one gay member is true then we can discard those who are married (Gary, Robbie and Mark) or have publicly had long-term relationships with women (Howard). That leaves Jason. Of course, he could just be good at keeping his girlfriends away from the cameras.
  • walterwhitewalterwhite Posts: 56,564
    Forum Member
    SuperAPJ wrote: »
    If we imagine that the "rule" that every boyband has one gay member is true then we can discard those who are married (Gary, Robbie and Mark) or have publicly had long-term relationships with women (Howard). That leaves Jason. Of course, he could just be good at keeping his girlfriends away from the cameras.

But it's not a 'rule is it?
  • annushkaannushka Posts: 3,959
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sad? Cynical, more like. You're missing the point. This is a manufactured group, its members carefully selected by Simon Cowell to appeal to specific markets. Of course there will be a "gay one". Cowell wouldn't miss that trick.

I consider bands "manufactured" in the X factor as different from bands who went through traditional autidtion process.

X factor is a fast paced machine, and Simon and Co take a couple of guys/girls from bootcamp and put them together to see what happens afterwards. Those decisions are made within a day (or two?). It's more of a "let's take a chance and see what happens", and they can afford that because the process is very different from putting only 1 band together through auditions... They are going to have 3/4 bands in the live shows anyway, so even if it turns out this combination is not working (bad chemistry, doesn't work with the press and the public, or whatever else), they have not put all their eggs in the same bag (as one would say in France).
    It's manufactures, but in a way, it's also up to the contestants that have to make it work and shine because it's their time to prove that they are worth signing to the label. I think some people are unfair in their assesment and put it all on Simon and Co when many X factor manufactured bands crashed in front of the public's eyes and only a few actually convinced the label to sign them.

When a reccord company wants to put a band together, it's a log more thought out because they are betting on that band only, it has to be spot on.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 163
    Forum Member
    philyb wrote: »
    Most boybands have a least one gay member.

But that has nothing to do with music. This is a music forum, people who are just interested in gossip should join the corresponding forum. One Direction has nothing to do with music, it's just crap PR.
  • tracystapestracystapes Posts: 3,309
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Louis Tomlinson
  • bumpandgrindbumpandgrind Posts: 12,543
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'd say Harry is having gay flings and is at least bisexual. I'm not convinced by all these high profile women he's being linked with one bit.
  • Music4life22Music4life22 Posts: 243
    Forum Member
    It's Niall and I know for a FACT can't say how but put it this way, he's having ALOT of fun
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 104
    Forum Member
    Do they? Who is the gay one in Take That?

I thought Robbie Williams was bisexual?
  • twingletwingle Posts: 19,322
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    annushka wrote: »
    I consider bands "manufactured" in the X factor as different from bands who went through traditional autidtion process.

X factor is a fast paced machine, and Simon and Co take a couple of guys/girls from bootcamp and put them together to see what happens afterwards. Those decisions are made within a day (or two?). It's more of a "let's take a chance and see what happens", and they can afford that because the process is very different from putting only 1 band together through auditions... They are going to have 3/4 bands in the live shows anyway, so even if it turns out this combination is not working (bad chemistry, doesn't work with the press and the public, or whatever else), they have not put all their eggs in the same bag (as one would say in France).
    It's manufactures, but in a way, it's also up to the contestants that have to make it work and shine because it's their time to prove that they are worth signing to the label. I think some people are unfair in their assesment and put it all on Simon and Co when many X factor manufactured bands crashed in front of the public's eyes and only a few actually convinced the label to sign them.

When a reccord company wants to put a band together, it's a log more thought out because they are betting on that band only, it has to be spot on.

But it is the band/group themselves that make the chemistry and whether manufactured on tv or elsewhere no one can predict how it will go until they are up and running and also if they will resonate with the public.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    JB86 wrote: »
    I thought Robbie Williams was bisexual?

I don't believe he is and he certainly addresses it in his autobiography. It's a long time since I read the book but it is something along the lines of you can't win. You respond to deny and the public say he is denying it so he must be and then you upset the gay population who get the idea he is homophobic because he is denying he is gay and if you don't deny it then it must be true.

I don't think TT have a gay one nor McFly nor Busted so I think the gay one in every band is a myth!
  • Mark-AnthonyMark-Anthony Posts: 572
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I reckon harry or zain
  • annushkaannushka Posts: 3,959
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    twingle wrote: »
    But it is the band/group themselves that make the chemistry and whether manufactured on tv or elsewhere no one can predict how it will go until they are up and running and also if they will resonate with the public.

I actually don't disagree. Maybe I didn't make my point very well.

I meant to say that I think that the X factor spends less time calculating what would be the perfect combination (they only have 1 or 2 days to do that, while they are selecting who goes to judges home), I think it's more of a spur of the moment kind of decision. The bands put together during the X factor will have to prove themselves during the competition, it's up to them to get noticed and signed, or disapear into oblivion. The X factor starts launching them "for free" if it works, and if it doesn't, it doesn't really cost a dime to any label...

A label that wants to bet on a "manufactured" band will launch auditions and spend more time thinking who would be perfect, what their role in the band would be and how to market them (the funny one, the handsome one and so on). They have to get it right in a way, because I'm sure launching a band is an investment. But I agree that it's also up to the individual members to make it work.

When I read that 1D has to have a funny one, a charming one (and a gay one LOL) because it's a boy band, I disagree because I don't think that the judges had that much time to consider those details during the X factor selection process.
  • EmmersonneEmmersonne Posts: 4,532
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Is anyone else humming "Which Backstreet boy is gay?" whilst reading?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    annushka wrote: »
    I actually don't disagree. Maybe I didn't make my point very well.

I meant to say that I think that the X factor spends less time calculating what would be the perfect combination (they only have 1 or 2 days to do that, while they are selecting who goes to judges home), I think it's more of a spur of the moment kind of decision. The bands put together during the X factor will have to prove themselves during the competition, it's up to them to get noticed and signed, or disapear into oblivion. The X factor starts launching them "for free" if it works, and if it doesn't, it doesn't really cost a dime to any label...

A label that wants to bet on a "manufactured" band will launch auditions and spend more time thinking who would be perfect, what their role in the band would be and how to market them (the funny one, the handsome one and so on). They have to get it right in a way, because I'm sure launching a band is an investment. But I agree that it's also up to the individual members to make it work.

When I read that 1D has to have a funny one, a charming one (and a gay one LOL) because it's a boy band, I disagree because I don't think that the judges had that much time to consider those details during the X factor selection process.

I agree with all your points that is if 1D were put together on the spur of the moment. There were lots of rumours during their time on X Factor that Liam was earmarked for a future as head of a group when he was turned down at judges house aged 16.

Also Lots of posts from posters in the know (but then again how do you know who is telling truth!) that Cowell paid for his singing lessons. I could go with that but it turned out Harry became the head as he had the charisma and charm Liam lacked. Another reason I think it was already decided was that stupid publicity stunt about Zayn hating dancing. I don't think for one minute Cowell would take the trouble to go looking for him and persuade him to dance unless he had a vested interest in him or it was a ploy to introduce us to Zayn....... I mean all those young lads at bootcamp who could dance and probably sing too so why would he bother? :confused:

My tuppence worth :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 358
    Forum Member
    Louis
  • tracystapestracystapes Posts: 3,309
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Louis Tomlinson
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,143
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Louis Tomlinson

You already said that...
  • Andy18Andy18 Posts: 61
    Forum Member
    It's Niall and I know for a FACT can't say how but put it this way, he's having ALOT of fun

Intriguing how u know
  • SuperAPJSuperAPJ Posts: 10,402
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    But it's not a 'rule is it?

Perhaps trend is the word.