Options

Perfume: The story of a murderer.

jules1000jules1000 Posts: 10,709
Forum Member
✭✭
I thought I would start a thread about this because I saw this movie last night and was completely enthralled by it.

Very strange concept and set in the 17th century Paris.

Narrated by John Hurt.

Anyone else seen this film?

Comments

• Options
    pocatellopocatello Posts: 8,813
    Forum Member
    I thought it was well done and shot, i was thoroughly entertained, though lots complained about its subject matter apparently.
  • Options
    dd68dd68 Posts: 17,841
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    saw it recently, interesting mostly
  • Options
    degsyhufcdegsyhufc Posts: 59,251
    Forum Member
    It was a strange film. Some nice looking girls in it. A nice red head IIRC.

Strangely enough I watched a Thai martial arts movie recently called Raging Phoenix which has elements of the plot of this film.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3
    Forum Member
    Yes watched it a couple of times. Great movie but it has its demerits well i can't name them. But the movie was ultimately entertaining and thrilling. I loved it watching. I would love to watch it again.
  • Options
    Derek FayeDerek Faye Posts: 1,081
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I want to see this movie. I literally found out about it by chance yesterday when browsing the book section on this forum, this really caught my eye and the film trailer looked really good.

I am going to read the book first I think.
  • Options
    dodradedodrade Posts: 23,852
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Bonkers ending.
  • Options
    AbominationAbomination Posts: 6,483
    Forum Member
    If this is a film that features a segment in a hedge maze then I enjoyed what I saw of it when I watched it in school a few years back, but never got to see what probably amounts to a second half.
  • Options
    ffa1ffa1 Posts: 2,833
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The massive 'orgy' near the end is embarrassingly limp.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If this is a film that features a segment in a hedge maze then I enjoyed what I saw of it when I watched it in school a few years back, but never got to see what probably amounts to a second half.

I think this is the film, there was a clip in the trailer. It looked pretty scary, I'm guessing that girl ended up brown bread?! :D
  • Options
    TakaeTakae Posts: 13,555
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I remember it a strange film with a WTF? scene towards the end.

To be honest, the only three things I remember vividly about the film at the moment are its subtly rich colour palette (a lot of yellows, greens and reds, too), lighting and inconsistency (some shots were muddily shot and some weren't). The film seemed a Delaroche painting in motion.
  • Options
    QuixoticQuixotic Posts: 668
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It's a strange and intriguing film that's beautifully shot and acted. Some of the visuals and colours are utterly captivating. Like many people, it introduced me to the extremely talented Ben Whishaw. Two scenes that really stick out for me are when Richis finds his daughter, and when Giuseppe Baldini's house collapses into the river.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This is on tonight on BBC2 :)
  • Options
    WhedoniteWhedonite Posts: 29,245
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's interesting to see what Q was up to before joining MI6.
  • Options
    seacamseacam Posts: 21,364
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Great film, saw it yesterday for the first time, captivated me from the go but I like costume dramas, something disturbingly sensual about the story line and to get him self eaten,---made sense to me.
  • Options
    montyburns56montyburns56 Posts: 2,011
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've always wanted to see it as it stars the gorgeous Rachel Hurd Wood whose career sadly never really took off.
  • Options
    dodradedodrade Posts: 23,852
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've always wanted to see it as it stars the gorgeous Rachel Hurd Wood whose career sadly never really took off.

She's currently in Home Fires on ITV.
  • Options
    montyburns56montyburns56 Posts: 2,011
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    dodrade wrote: »
    She's currently in Home Fires on ITV.

Thanks for the heads up!
  • Options
    mattlambmattlamb Posts: 4,471
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Didn't like it at all.

Far too strange, slow and arty for my liking.
  • Options
    Johnny ClayJohnny Clay Posts: 5,328
    Forum Member
    Very much a perfume film.

There's little substance to it, but the scent of it hangs heavy.