Worst song choices of the series

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 336
Forum Member
Which song choices do you think the mentors got totally wrong?

Comments

• PaparazzoPaparazzo Posts: 6,155
    Forum Member
    All of them.
  • VolVol Posts: 2,393
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Matt - Bleeding Love.
  • meglosmurmursmeglosmurmurs Posts: 35,108
    Forum Member
    Aiden 'Jealous Guy'
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 36
    Forum Member
    Katie - Sex On Fire
    Matt - Bleeding Love
    Nicolo - Just Dance
    All of John's song choices were awful
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,954
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Vol wrote: »
    Matt - Bleeding Love.

I do agree, for him personally. But funny how he got the top votes on that week.
  • VolVol Posts: 2,393
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    BadAssery wrote: »
    I do agree, for him personally. But funny how he got the top votes on that week.

I know - especially after Cher's ridiculously over hyped pimp slot performance that week.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,506
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Probably Nicolo - Just Dance.
  • neelianeelia Posts: 24,186
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    All of John's
    Storm's
    The non uptempo ones of Rebecca's
  • RupertPupkinRupertPupkin Posts: 1,338
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    BadAssery wrote: »

It maybe suggests that a critical percentage of voters voted with their groins instead of their ears and brains. Or maybe there's another explanation.
  • aliyah101aliyah101 Posts: 13,849
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Zooom!! Worst song choice ever! Poor John!

Other's worth a mention:
    Mary - There You'll Be - that song needs a soft vocal.
    Katie - Sex on Fire
    Cher - Imagine
    Belle Amie - Airplanes (love the song but it doesnt suit a group)
    TreyC - Relight my Fire
    All of Storms
    Diva Fever - Duck sauce - they were given a song that hardly had any lyrics to it.
  • user1234567user1234567 Posts: 12,378
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Nicolo - Just Dance
    Mary - There You'll Be
    Katie - Sex is on Fire
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 189
    Forum Member
    Rebecca - Yesterday
  • girlinstaticgirlinstatic Posts: 839
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    aliyah101 wrote: »
    Belle Amie - Airplanes (love the song but it doesnt suit a group)

Dear lord, I was so looking forward to that and it was a complete mess. Awfulll.
  • LMAOLMAO Posts: 3,471
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Aiden - Thriller - It was a absolute massacre of the song and a completely pointless non-dance routine..
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 866
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Nicolo's Just Dance and Diva Fever's Barbra Streisand. Dear lord, those were the worst choices ever.

Diva Fever seemed bitter about it too. In their F Factor interview, they were asked something along the lines of what song they'd sing next week if they were still in (I may be completely wrong about the question...) but they said "something with more than three notes...thanks, Simon"
  • wkdstepmotherwkdstepmother Posts: 6,563
    Forum Member
    It maybe suggests that a critical percentage of voters voted with their groins instead of their ears and brains. Or maybe there's another explanation.

or maybe people thought that he was so good, even with a poor song (and I hate that song) he was better than the competition. IMO only perhaps half a dozen performances of any of the other acts came close to even Matt's worst song choices, a couple of Chers, a couple of Aiden's and a couple of Rebecca's.

That said the week he did Bleeding Love, Cher did Stay, which, for me was the only week that his performance was not the best on the night and whilst as he was my favourite act, I did vote for him, I voted for Cher too.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,950
    Forum Member
    xxrory wrote: »
    Nicolo's Just Dance and Diva Fever's Barbra Streisand. Dear lord, those were the worst choices ever.

Diva Fever seemed bitter about it too. In their F Factor interview, they were asked something along the lines of what song they'd sing next week if they were still in (I may be completely wrong about the question...) but they said "something with more than three notes...thanks, Simon"

I actually liked that one :o
  • whackyracerwhackyracer Posts: 15,786
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I actually liked that one :o

Me too! The short one actually had a good voice.
  • GlassBalloonGlassBalloon Posts: 2,571
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Nicolo - Just Dance
    John - Zoom
    Belle Amie - Airplanes
    Treyc - Relight My Fire
    Katie - Saturday Night's Alright for Fighting
    Matt - Come Together
    Aiden - Rocketman
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 746
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I love Matt but really didn't like his Beatles song, complete with dodgey white vest lol.

Also during rock week he really had the pick of virtually every rock song ever written to showcase what he could do in that genre- and what did he get lumbered with? "I love Rock and Roll". OK, he did a great job with it but I was expecting something amazing- With or Without You by U2 or something like that (Although of course he also sang NIWS that night which was superb).

They're prob not stricly the worst choices, but they stand out for me cos I was disappointed in them as Matt was/is my complete favourite.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,080
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Nicolo :(

What was Danni thinking?! :mad:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,397
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Votes don't seem to have anyhthng to do with decent song choices. Lots of people have pointed out that votes go up if Simon tells someone they're in danger and down when he tells them they're safe; also if someone particularly likes one of the acts they sometimes vote for them a few more times when they pick a dodgy song as they perceive other people won't, as they want to beef up their votes.

I say this as someone who doesn't vote, but I could perceive that's how voters would act.

Then there is a totally different kind of voter who just votes once each week for whatever they think is the best performance, but it feels as though the majority of votes are just for the voter's favourite act altogether.
  • ButtonmoonButtonmoon Posts: 552
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Nicolo - Just Dance
    John - Zoom
    Belle Amie - Airplanes
    Treyc - Relight My Fire
    Katie - Saturday Night's Alright for Fighting
    Matt - Come Together
    Aiden - Rocketman

Ditto
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 600
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Thought overall there was a lot of naff choices and made me wonder about the mental state of the alleged mentors.To be honest sometimes song choice and bad delivery can combine to create a bad impression but some acts got some real duds. i think Rebecca suffered cos any charge she could have made for the title was lost with a series of bad choices and poor delivery, especially in the final cos apart from Sweet Dreams she fluffed it over song choice on the solos and a bad duet pairing. Matt got three shockers in Bleeding Love, I Love R n R and Come Together. I dont think we got to see the best of Paije. The Faith Hill number for Mary was awful and LW failed to really work her out and give her less cliched numbers and found some more interesting material that was more modern and could suit her . Storm got two duds. Sex on Fire and Losing my Religion for Katie were terrible choices. Zoom for John, if he had done a better track would he have made another week. Jealous Guy for Aiden to name just one for him tho he had a couple of inspired ones as well.
  • deanieboydeanieboy Posts: 740
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    My personal choices:

Diva Fever - Barbra Streisand
    Matt - Come Together
    Cher - Imagine
    Katie - Sex on Fire/Saturday Night's All Right For Fighting
    Mary - There You'll Be (not so much for the song but the fact she struggled with so much of it)