Options

Little Mix Discussion Thread - singles & upcoming debut album (Part 5)

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,671
    Forum Member
    UK being one of the winners is totally pointless lol.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 214
    Forum Member
    nooneoo wrote: »

I wonder where the special event will take place in the UK though. Probably going to be London though. :(
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    nooneoo wrote: »

Very poinless. It should have been given to another country so that theycan have a chance of getting Wings in the chart somewhere else........

Edit: Yeah they prob going to be in London which is more pointless because they base London as the whole UK :rolleyes: Unless they go to the bigger cities
  • Options
    davem1234davem1234 Posts: 5,451
    Forum Member
    I wonder where they will hold the event in USA
  • Options
    RayforeverRayforever Posts: 9,846
    Forum Member
    So basically its a bit of a fix because the radio from America 107.9 The End who could not give much away just the date. From what people are saying it Turns out that could be the mixer event.

France have had a date given to them weeks ago for their visit which was around 28th April

UK didn't do half as much as the other countries but had to given a place to keep their uk fan base happy

The only one that really got the place through point was Italy
  • Options
    aldualdu Posts: 2,549
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Management decision. Their reaction at the UK being top 4 was quite genuine...
    USA n UK shud have been out for obvious reasons..
  • Options
    PJ RiverPJ River Posts: 1,050
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Imagine How Ya Doin' feat. Slick Rick :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HjNTu8jdukA

Excellent flow from an excellent rapper ! It would be so cool to have him on the song.
  • Options
    19921992 Posts: 4,677
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    little mix ✝ ‏@LittleMixerRyan

OMG I SEEN PERRIES BUM

I must have missed this! Lol ;)
  • Options
    shaunnashinesshaunnashines Posts: 5,698
    Forum Member
    PJ River wrote: »

Excellent flow from an excellent rapper ! It would be so cool to have him on the song.

It would give them some credibility too. Very excited too see the video!
  • Options
    LandslideBradLandslideBrad Posts: 5,085
    Forum Member
    Someone commented on the DigitalSpy article that they've heard it's going to be a Missy Elliot feature, idk if they're trolling/lying but how amazing would that be.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That would be legen-wait for it-dary. The thing is, if it was true, Jesy would never have mentioned Missy Elliott during the livestream interview.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    That would be legen-wait for it-dary. The thing is, if it was true, Jesy would never have mentioned Missy Elliott during the livestream interview.

I was gonna say! I think it's gonna be a male rapper anyway.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's obviously Slick Rick.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 189
    Forum Member
    I find funny, on Slick Rick's Wikipedia in spanish it mention his feature in HYD, although in the english one theres no mention of it.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That's because the original HYD was meant to feature Slick Rick but then without any explanation they withdrew it. Perhaps to release it as a single version ?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Maybe people forgot to remove the information on the Spanish page. When the album tracklist first came out (on Amazon), it did have Slick Rick's name on it, but then when the Mix Pixie customised version was available online, his name was no longer there.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    There are two things bothering me with Slick Rick : First, his image (prison, pimp character, women treated as objects) is not really what Little Mix would like to promote. Second the fact that he is touring the US at the moment, so not 100 % sure it's him.
  • Options
    old mixerold mixer Posts: 2,635
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    aldu wrote: »

NOTE how the DM proves its incompetance -- Leigh-Anne's boyfriend starts out being Jordan ... ends up being referred to as JAMAR!!:p :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    There are two things bothering me with Slick Rick : First, his image (prison, pimp character, women treated as objects) is not really what Little Mix would like to promote. Second the fact that he is touring the US at the moment, so not 100 % sure it's him.

This shouldn't be a problem though, if it really is him he would have recorded the song anyway, and for the video they could film his part separately, this is what Flo Rida did for Olly's Troublemaker video as far as I know.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah, that's true. I wish it was him to be honest. It would open so many doors for LM because Slick Rick is one of the ultimate references in Hip Hop history.

They would definitely be recognized as a modern TLC or En Vogue. It would give them a lot more credits in the US and in the UK.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So I'm guessing the video is already edited or did LM just say that there is a surprise? I do hope it's a surprise where we go :eek: and not one when we go :rolleyes::sleep::confused:
  • Options
    Forum Member

I didn't expect his voice to be so "young" :eek: I was worried that a male rapper might not go well with LM's sound if he has a deep voice, but SR's voice actually sounds like it could fit right in LM's songs. I'm excited if he really is the feature now :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I chose a very old song but he is not agressive in his flow. He is a "story teller" kind of rapper.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,231
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Maybe the suprise rapper is Leigh Anne. Lol idk.

It's pointless arguing who should or shouldn't have won. Atleast France and Italy will get an event too. I suspect Argentina,Poland and maybe Lithuania will eventually get them too.

I don't know if the USA event is "the end" radio one. They are doing IHeartRadio theatre in NYC and its not the prize. I'm gonna guess it'll be different than the radio tour. Who knows?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Why France ? The Fans are gonna go "little mix ! little mix ! little mix !" The journalists are gonna go "look at those girls, they look stupid chanting the band's name". The french journalists see a pop phenomenon arrive they immediately want to belittle it.
This discussion has been closed.