Options

I wish people would remember its edited

daddynomatesdaddynomates Posts: 2,779
Forum Member
✭✭✭
All the time in here I see people saying stuff about housemates that we can't possibly know.

Ashleigh is never fun.
Helen never mentions her kid.
Chris never says it to peoples face.
Etc etc.

how do we know ?

We only see a tiny bit of each day. There is no live.

Comments

• Options
    humbug333humbug333 Posts: 610
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I agree with this. People actually believe we are getting everything from Big Brother. Duh !
  • Options
    AnnsyreAnnsyre Posts: 109,504
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    All the time in here I see people saying stuff about housemates that we can't possibly know.

Ashleigh is never fun.
    Etc etc.

how do we know ?

Indeed. Any reference to friends or family or outside people is automatically cut.

The editors produce a few minutes per day of twenty four hours of each HM's experience and some days some HMs get no air time at all.
  • Options
    Radical JoeRadical Joe Posts: 15,743
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I wish people would remember that it's not only their faves that get bad edits/their disliked HMs that get the good edits. it works both ways.

People might also remember that all we see of the HMs, and every opinion we make of them in the house, is solely down to what BB choose to show us (ie, the edit). Given the people many here think are getting a bad edit are the two faves on here, I have to ask how on earth they think is has happened if they are getting bad edits? Are people supporting them because they think they're getting a bad edit, or are they supporting them because they like what they've seen (what BB have let them see), thus disproving the bad edit thesis?
  • Options
    orangeballoonorangeballoon Posts: 10,949
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    no point in arguing with them...
    they watch with "different eyes" and project with "loaded norms"

its interesting how many are "seeing" how structured it always has been for the first time though - which shouldn't take anything from the entertainment of the show, but when they are exposed to the "tricks" mechanics they no longer understand the real bit everyone has been subconsciously watching... which is still there for those that can see it.
  • Options
    crisis3crisis3 Posts: 2,849
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    But twitter and Facebook give a 24h a day blow by blow update wasn't that the reason and the whole point of online.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,429
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I agree there will be things that are never shown.

The only thing that bugs me is when they moan that they have been shown in a bad light, well if they didn't argue, moan, bitch, complain, get drunk, swear loads etc, then BB can not show these clips of you doing it. BB can only edit what you have done and are doing.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    crisis3 wrote: »
    But twitter and Facebook give a 24h a day blow by blow update wasn't that the reason and the whole point of online.

Nothing apart from live feed can come anywhere near to "blow by blow" reporting. They too are edited and carefully selected.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    S_J1 wrote: »
    I agree there will be things that are never shown.

The only thing that bugs me is when they moan that they have been shown in a bad light, well if they didn't argue, moan, bitch, complain, get drunk, swear loads etc, then BB can not show these clips of you doing it. BB can only edit what you have done and are doing.

It can also leave a lot out.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Annsyre wrote: »

Very true. In fact the left out stuff is much bigger.

Imagine if my day was edited into a few minutes. Today so far I have been happy, grumpy, played with the kids, told off the kids, been out and stayed in, been polite to an old lady and used bad language at a car driver. How would my edit go. They could choose to show only my bad bits or only my good bits. Then someone could form an opinion on me with only a tiny part of my day.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,429
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I know, thats why I started with, I agree there will be things that are never shown. :confused:

Which means exactly what you replied with :confused: lol
  • Options
    gilliedewgilliedew Posts: 7,605
    Forum Member
    I wish posters would stop saying "remember it is edited"

We know it is edited, we know it is cut, manipulated into what BB wants, we know it is 24 hours reduced to one, we know we don't see everything

WE KNOW

WE KNOW

Why don't you get it that we already know?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I remember watching live feed years ago. I would see something happen like an argument or conversation, then be totally amazed at how different that argument or conversation looked on the highlights show. Or I would see a housemate do or say something that could really change my opinion of them but it never made the edited show.

just gotta be careful when watching it, and remember its edited.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Very true. In fact the left out stuff is much bigger.

Imagine if my day was edited into a few minutes. Today so far I have been happy, grumpy, played with the kids, told off the kids, been out and stayed in, been polite to an old lady and used bad language at a car driver. How would my edit go. They could choose to show only my bad bits or only my good bits. Then someone could form an opinion on me with only a tiny part of my day.

So, what do you conclude then, that all our opinions of all the HMs are potentially misleading ones? If so, then, from looking at the faves polls, we have to accept that it's been Helen and Steven who've been getting the worst edits, whilst Chris and Ashleigh have been getting the best ones.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    gilliedew wrote: »

We know it is edited, we know it is cut, manipulated into what BB wants, we know it is 24 hours reduced to one, we know we don't see everything

WE KNOW

WE KNOW

Don t click on it then
  • Options
    kezabellakezabella Posts: 2,951
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    gilliedew wrote: »

WE KNOW

WE KNOW

It's because people on here use this to defend ttheir favourites who may be coming across badly i.s Helen or Kimberly. WHAT WE SEE IS ACTUALLY WHAT THEY ARE ACTUALLY DOING!!! Kim has been having sex, Danielle has been moaning about the swearing then swearing herslef, Helen has been rolling around under the covers with Ash without a thought for her child. Seriously!
  • Options
    Pices-55Pices-55 Posts: 18,401
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    People do remember its edited.................but only when it suits.;-)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    kezabella wrote: »
    It's because people on here use this to defend ttheir favourites who may be coming across badly i.s Helen or Kimberly. WHAT WE SEE IS ACTUALLY WHAT THEY ARE ACTUALLY DOING!!! Kim has been having sex, Danielle has been moaning about the swearing then swearing herslef, Helen has been rolling around under the covers with Ash without a thought for her child. Seriously!

And, given the faves, by far, on here are Chris and Ashleigh, it would be fair to assume there's more of them indulging in this 'bad edit' excuse whenever their fave is shown behaving poorly. That idea is also borne out from reading this forum.
  • Options
    chickseechicksee Posts: 1,723
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Nothing apart from live feed can come anywhere near to "blow by blow" reporting. They too are edited and carefully selected.
    Correct, we only see what they think we need to see.
  • Options
    PitmanPitman Posts: 28,495
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I wondered why it changes from daylight to pitch black in the blink of an eye, I was thinking maybe Borehamwood was on the Equator :cool:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    kezabella wrote: »

I'm not trying to defend anybody. I'm saying its silly to say a housemate never does something if we don't know.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    As usual another thread turns into a load of angry nasty insulting bullshit. I give up on this place. Nobody can have an opinion or make a point on here. Ian Lee is right about this stupid forum.

I'm off.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    And, given the faves, by far, on here are Chris and Ashleigh, it would be fair to assume there's more of them indulging in this 'bad edit' excuse whenever their fave is shown behaving poorly. That idea is also borne out from reading this forum.

Now that's strange because others see it totally differently.

Although someone screaming " you utter F ing knob " in someone's face can mean they are misunderstood nice people to some on here.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    shall i try and make my point again?

Firstly i dont have a favourite. I don't really dislike any of them either. I have no hidden agenda. Any names i use are simply for the sake of example.

ok. We all form opinions on what we see in the edited show. Most choose a favourite based on the edited show. The stuff we are shown is real. BUT. I feel its not fair to accuse any housemate of anything that we have NOT seen. For example "Helen never mentions her kid" we dont know that. Or "Chris never says it to their face" he might have but we didnt see it. I believe the editors do their best to fit a lot into a short show.

So if you think Helen is a gobby cow then fine because youve seen that. If you think Ashleigh is a bitchy girl, then fine because youve seen that. But we shouldnt say stuff we dont know is true.
  • Options
    isoveliisoveli Posts: 1,420
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Ashleigh is never fun.
    Etc etc.

how do we know ?

Hear hear.....so very true. All I ever try to figure out is what BB/Channel5 want it to look like. They have their own agenda.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    shall i try and make my point again?

Firstly i dont have a favourite. I don't really dislike any of them either. I have no hidden agenda. Any names i use are simply for the sake of example.

ok. We all form opinions on what we see in the edited show. Most choose a favourite based on the edited show. The stuff we are shown is real. BUT. I feel its not fair to accuse any housemate of anything that we have NOT seen. For example "Helen never mentions her kid" we dont know that. Or "Chris never says it to their face" he might have but we didnt see it. I believe the editors do their best to fit a lot into a short show.

So if you think Helen is a gobby cow then fine because youve seen that. If you think Ashleigh is a bitchy girl, then fine because youve seen that. But we shouldnt say stuff we dont know is true.

There are other outlets for info, you know

Much information has been on here from other sources and I learn a lot more than just watching the programme.

Why not stop teaching granny to suck eggs, we can make our own decisions based on things which we find out on many websites, not just BB.