Once upon a time: what stories would you like covered.

pearlsandplumspearlsandplums Posts: 29,389
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Ouat is about fairy tales, myths, Disney stories and fantasy , so are there any tales you would like to see covered in the future? Camelot has been hinted at but not covered (im not up to date hence why I didn't post this in the season 4 thread). Madam mim could be a great baddie.
I would like to see a proper dark version of the black cauldron and sleepy hollow

Comments

• 007Fusion007Fusion Posts: 3,657
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I personally think Myths & Legends is a deviation from what OUAT is about. But, they kind of crossed that bridge with Frankenstein's introduction.

I would like some Native American legends explored. Especially, mysticism.
  • pearlsandplumspearlsandplums Posts: 29,389
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Robin Hood is a myth as well (I think). I liked the frankenstein story it fitted in very well.
    The witches by Roald Dahl would be a good fit. Grand high witch vs Regina
  • LyceumLyceum Posts: 3,399
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Narnia.

I know it's not exactly a Disney/Fairy tale thing but I'd love to see it.

At the end of series three when they were hunting at all the snow etc I hoped it would be Narnia but alas is was Frozen. Not that I didn't enjoy the Frozen arc.

And as above, anything Roald Dahl.
  • pearlsandplumspearlsandplums Posts: 29,389
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Totally off topic but I thought It was a shame they named belfast airport after George Best rather than CS Lewis, or even better Narnia
  • doormouse1doormouse1 Posts: 5,431
    Forum Member
    Thinking of Frankenstien and The World Without Colour, have any of you seen the Powell & Pressburger film A Matter of Life & Death?
    I especially loved the moment when the Conductor arrived back on earth from the monochrome afterlife and said 'Ah - in heaven, we are starved of Technicolor ..'

The Conductor would make a good character - and he does use magic.
  • Lolly_Du_BekeLolly_Du_Beke Posts: 1,286
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm still hoping for more Disney characters - Aladdin and Jasmine, Pocahontas, and characters from my all time favourite Disney flick The Hunchback of Notre Dame - Frollo would be a great villain to introduce and a male one too (aside from Rumple and Peter Pan they've all been ladies - Regina, Cora, Zelena, Snow Queen, Cruella, Ursula, Maleficent)
  • Gill PGill P Posts: 21,569
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Those aren't necessarily Disney characters. Hunchback of Notre Dame is a story by Alexandre Dumas, Aladdin is in the Arabian Nights tales, Pocohontas was a real person.
  • dantay24ukdantay24uk Posts: 2,558
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think it would be interesting to see The Lion King somehow written in. Perhaps that like characters such as Jiminy Cricket, in our world they take human form or maybe like Maleficent and can take human and animal form.

If they decide to spawn more male villains they could go with Shan Yu or Jafar. And King George was also left hanging after his Storybrooke persona was apparently imprisoned, he could one day come back into the show and causing some trouble.
  • Lolly_Du_BekeLolly_Du_Beke Posts: 1,286
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Gill P wrote: »
    Those aren't necessarily Disney characters. Hunchback of Notre Dame is a story by Alexandre Dumas, Aladdin is in the Arabian Nights tales, Pocohontas was a real person.

Hunchback was by Victor Hugo.

But most Disney stories are based on a book to be fair. Like frozen based on the book by Hans Christan Anderson.
  • Gill PGill P Posts: 21,569
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hunchback was by Victor Hugo.
    Of course it was - silly me!
  • Phil100Phil100 Posts: 152
    Forum Member
    dantay24uk wrote: »
    If they decide to spawn more male villains they could go with Shan Yu or Jafar.

Jafar was the villain in Once Upon a Time in Wonderland.
  • SillyBillyGoatSillyBillyGoat Posts: 22,266
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    A Camelot arc is high on my list, Morgan le Fay is probably at the top of my villain wishlist. They could even tie her into a larger story arc with the Blue Fairy, having her be the Black Fairy we've heard of. :)
  • NatarhiNatarhi Posts: 4,098
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I have just caught up with all the Netflix episodes (hadn't watched season 3 or 4 which is why it's taken me so long), I'm so glad I can watch this show again. :D

I'd like to see a few more of the "traditional" fairy stories covered. The Frog King/Prince could be good, although I suppose they'd have to go with the Disney version in which case I don't think it would work so well. But also things like the Elves and the Shoe Maker, the Golden Goose, Bluebeard, perhaps Snow White and Rose Red (obviously it would have to be a different Snow, as it is in the story). Actually one of my favourite fairy tales as a child was The Magic Porridge Pot, but it is a very short story so I don't think you could do much with it. I'd also like to see Goldilocks, but that story would take some tweaking as well.

I have to say I was disappointed in how they covered
    Rapunzel
    (spoiler tags because the OP said they were not up to date, but it's a season 3 character), I thought they could have done a lot more with that character/story.
    A Camelot arc is high on my list, Morgan le Fay is probably at the top of my villain wishlist. They could even tie her into a larger story arc with the Blue Fairy, having her be the Black Fairy we've heard of. :)
    I think that's a great idea, perfect way to tie it in.