Lethal Weapon 5

Dan_ProcterDan_Procter Posts: 17
Forum Member
There have been rumors for a while now about a possible 5th film. Various storyline range from the death of Murtaugh, to it being passed on to younger actors.

I kind of like the idea of the former, as in expendables 3, Mel Gibson can still fight lol.

With the 80's seemingly having a resurge at the mo, I think it's a great time to have one final film. Any thoughts to this?

Comments

• NostalgicNostalgic Posts: 7,157
    Forum Member
    I would love a Lethal Weapon 5. Murtaugh and Riggs back for one last case.

I can just hear Murtaugh now. "I'm really too old for this shit..."
  • dearmrmandearmrman Posts: 21,435
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No please no...should have stopped after 2. Somethings just don't need to be revisited.
  • GARETH197901GARETH197901 Posts: 22,291
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Personally i thought 4 Rounded it off nicely for me
  • pburke90pburke90 Posts: 14,754
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Was it Gibson or Glover who said that they would not return for a 5th movie, so unless the two main stars return, I can't see myself being interested, nor WB in making it either to be honest. If they did press ahead with one of the characters dying or being passed on to a younger generation, I'd definitely not want to watch it.
  • Nobby BurtonNobby Burton Posts: 1,869
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If it's different actors, it would be pointless even calling it Lethal Weapon
  • JasonJason Posts: 76,557
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I suspect if it happened, they'd get Gibson and/or Glover for a cameo appearance at the start to "pass the torch" - something like they seem to be doing with Ghostbusters.

But then I also did quite like part four.
  • Danger CloseDanger Close Posts: 3,281
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's not actually a sequel. It's going to be a reboot with a 12A cert. Rather than the fighting, shooting and swearing. It'll all be hashed out in a mediators office and a friendly handshake at the end.
  • Lee_Smith2Lee_Smith2 Posts: 4,166
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    As far as I'm convinced the action genre really nosedived throughout the 90's and into as the 2000's, as studios watered down the grittiness and raw edge in favour of that PG-13 certificate and increasingly overblown set pieces. If Lethal Weapon 5 went into production I wouldn't expect much in the same way if Beverley Hills Cop 4 ever actually comes to fruition I don't expect much. Would be nice to pleasantly surprised though.
  • ParthenonParthenon Posts: 7,499
    Forum Member
    Hope it never happens. Lethal Weapon 4 wrapped things up well.
  • Johnny ClayJohnny Clay Posts: 5,315
    Forum Member
    The first was okay but the sequels were lazy rubbish not helped by Joe Pesci's hugely annoying turn.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7
    Forum Member
    You wouldn't say that to Joe Pesci's face
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Especially if there was a pen around...
  • tigragirltigragirl Posts: 13,319
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    No....just no
  • Heston VestonHeston Veston Posts: 6,478
    Forum Member
    Parthenon wrote: »
    Hope it never happens. Lethal Weapon 4 wrapped things up well.

I've never been tempted to watch LW4. I didn't mind the addition of Joe Pesci to the second film, and Rene Russo to the third, but when I heard that they'd added Chris Rock and effectively sidelined Russo's character, I decided "ah'm oot".
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    You should give it a go. The 4th film is actually quite decent. Just make sure you look for the US version of the film, the UK one is heavily cut. In fact, I don't think any of the Lethal Weapon films are bad, I've enjoyed them all equally. Chris Rock and Joe Pesci may not be to your tastes, but the important parts of all 4 movies and usually the big action endings are always Riggs and Murtaugh on their own.
  • quirkyquirkquirkyquirk Posts: 7,160
    Forum Member
    I've never been tempted to watch LW4. I didn't mind the addition of Joe Pesci to the second film, and Rene Russo to the third, but when I heard that they'd added Chris Rock and effectively sidelined Russo's character, I decided "ah'm oot".

I can't stand Chris Rock myself and they did go a bit OTT with the comedy but 4 is still a great action movie. One of the last great Hollywood action movies with actual violence and no CGI or shaky cam.
    Paddy C wrote: »
    You should give it a go. The 4th film is actually quite decent. Just make sure you look for the US version of the film, the UK one is heavily cut. In fact, I don't think any of the Lethal Weapon films are bad, I've enjoyed them all equally. Chris Rock and Joe Pesci may not be to your tastes, but the important parts of all 4 movies and usually the big action endings are always Riggs and Murtaugh on their own.

I'm in the minority who preferred 4 to 3 which was too tame for me complete with a bit too much of a preachy anti-gun message and the weakest villain in the franchise. But like you I don't think any of them are actually bad.

Do you have to get the region 1 DVD to get the US version of 4 because I have the
    cut version and I've been trying to get it uncut for ages. Ironically, minus a few F words, they showed the uncut one on 5 star last night.

Same goes for Lethal Weapon 2. I have the version where you don't see Mel Gibson kill the two guys after he has found Patsy Kensit dead in the water. I would like to get that too.

The thing is it's pretty pointless looking on Amazon because even if you see a comment where someone is saying the movies are uncut, I still don't know what to get because they lump all the reviews of all the different versions together.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I didn't buy them, I, erm, found them elsewhere....

All 4 films in 1080p and fully uncut, including the aforementioned scene you referred to in LW2 and all the swearing and bloody violence. Bliss.
  • HildaonplutoHildaonpluto Posts: 37,696
    Forum Member
    My expectations arent high but I will definitely go and see Lethal Weapon 5 if its released.I loved the Lethal Weapon franchise and just one more to tie everything up I would welcome.

However Hollywood does need to think afresh rather than rely quite so much on playing it safe with franchises.

Creatively I yearn for Hollywood to be a little more daring.
  • HildaonplutoHildaonpluto Posts: 37,696
    Forum Member
    I really wish thered be progress or an announcement on this soon.