Options

Wife says orange have offered her a free iPhone 5

Fhp-ImcFhp-Imc Posts: 95
Forum Member
She has been a customer for over ten years and is due an upgrade. When she rang up and asked they told her that as a good customer she could have a free iPhone 5 when it is released on October the 5th!

I smell bs

Comments

• Options
    chocoholic100chocoholic100 Posts: 6,411
    Forum Member
    do you think your wife tell lies to you all the time or just just about Iphones?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Lol just iPhones
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Fhp-Imc wrote: »
    Lol just iPhones

so you think your wife is lying to you then?
  • Options
    Contains NutsContains Nuts Posts: 2,112
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She has been a customer for over ten years and is due an upgrade. When she rang up and asked they told her that as a good customer she could have a free iPhone 5 when it is released on October the 5th!

I smell bs
    So long as she gets a £50 per month contract for two years most probably.
  • Options
    Babe RainbowBabe Rainbow Posts: 34,349
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I smell bs

Why ?

Phones are always free when you sign a contract for 24 months. Mine was. No word of a lie.
  • Options
    ShaiyaShaiya Posts: 3,512
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Why BS? Apple have a press conference on October 4, which many think will be the announcement of iPhone 5. It can be free with the longest contract.
  • Options
    InkblotInkblot Posts: 26,889
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Although no one will know for sure until it's announced, there is a strong rumour that the iPhone 5 will not be launched this week. Information embedded in the latest iTunes beta suggests the next version of the phone will be the iPhone 4S. (source: Macrumors)
  • Options
    flagpoleflagpole Posts: 44,641
    Forum Member
    Shaiya wrote: »
    Why BS? Apple have a press conference on October 4, which many think will be the announcement of iPhone 5. It can be free with the longest contract.

Yeah an apple always make their big announcement through Orange customer services who are the first to know the pricing of the handset that nobody else does and apple haven't even announced yet.
  • Options
    x_malibubabex_malibubabe Posts: 2,261
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She probably can get it free but I bet it will be on a contract of £50+ a month! I pay £35 a month for mine (iphone 4) and had to pay for the handset.

I would treat it as suspicious though as there is someone pretending to be orange (I believe it's actually phones 4 u or carphone warehouse) and promote a loyalty scheme. You come off the phone tied into a new contract.
  • Options
    ShaiyaShaiya Posts: 3,512
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    flagpole wrote: »
    Yeah an apple always make their big announcement through Orange customer services who are the first to know the pricing of the handset that nobody else does and apple haven't even announced yet.

The people at Orange are likely taking into consideration that it's released on the 5th and shock, horror, they're can give it away free in one of their contract packages if they so desire.

Just like they did with iPhone 4 :eek:
  • Options
    whackyracerwhackyracer Posts: 15,786
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I thought apple were only unveiling it next week and then it wouldn't be available to purchase for another couple of weeks.
  • Options
    jackyorkjackyork Posts: 6,608
    Forum Member
    You get nothing in this world for nothing, one way or another your wife will be paying for that i Phone.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,881
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    deleted
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    it is BS, nobody is getting one on 5th and nobody is getting it free because they have been with a company 1 month and spent £10
  • Options
    Forum Member
    it is BS, nobody is getting one on 5th and nobody is getting it free because they have been with a company 1 month and spent £10

whos been with a company 1 month and spent £10?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,881
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    There are now no less than three threads on this!!!!!
  • Options
    SolarHorizonSolarHorizon Posts: 112
    Forum Member
    She probably can get it free but I bet it will be on a contract of £50+ a month! I pay £35 a month for mine (iphone 4) and had to pay for the handset.

Just for comparison I got the new Samsung Galaxy S2 handset (worth about 400) on a 27 pound contract with no upfront fee for the handset. You can find some good deals out there :p
  • Options
    Forum Member
    There are now no less than three threads on this!!!!!

And how many have you posted in?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    whos been with a company 1 month and spent £10?

just a random combination, nobody here (probably)
  • Options
    BrunoStreeteBrunoStreete Posts: 7,180
    Forum Member

I smell bs

Well they appear to have offered her a phone that doesn't exist so you're right to be wary.
  • Options
    InspirationInspiration Posts: 62,706
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Can you get the current iPhone 4 for 'free' with a long contract?
  • Options
    rifleman19rifleman19 Posts: 1,833
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just for comparison I got the new Samsung Galaxy S2 handset (worth about 400) on a 27 pound contract with no upfront fee for the handset. You can find some good deals out there :p

Same here with O2!!
  • Options
    InkblotInkblot Posts: 26,889
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Can you get the current iPhone 4 for 'free' with a long contract?

Yes, you can.
  • Options
    DescendoDescendo Posts: 37
    Forum Member
    Wife said Milkman was just borrowing my Makita.
  • Options
    flagpoleflagpole Posts: 44,641
    Forum Member
    Shaiya wrote: »
    The people at Orange are likely taking into consideration that it's released on the 5th and shock, horror, they're can give it away free in one of their contract packages if they so desire.

Just like they did with iPhone 4 :eek:

there is a lot of confidence in that statement for something that is pretty wrong.

the best information is that they will be announcing the 4S tomorrow. but even if they are announcing the 5 there would be no pricing information available.