✭✭
    Richie1001 wrote: »
    I didn't edit anything?

Sorry, my mistake
  • Options
    Richie1001Richie1001 Posts: 8,217
    Forum Member
    codeblue wrote: »
    I only joined in September 2012, Rodgers Joined Liverpool in June 2012!

(nice edit by the way)

I just dont like Rodgers, thats it. It was the documentary that tipped me over the edge. I was absolutely shocked that a multi-million pound business can be ran by someone so completely incompetent.

Up until that point i thought top managers were tactical geniuses, highly intelligent and drop dead shrewd. Even though we may not understand from the stands, i stupidly thought that they must know better. Be a better motivator.

And yet i was presented with the most inept, cliche driven dross, i could never even have imagined it. It was worse than david brent's pep talks. Seriously.

I also think other managers are equally poor. (harry redknapp for one). I give him equal and more amounts of stick than i do rodgers.

The documentary was never going to be great - but it's not the total reflection of anyone, it's just editied to be what it is.

If your whole opinion of BR is based upon one documentary then I find that strange?
  • Options
    Cantona07Cantona07 Posts: 56,910
    Forum Member
    Because i should not question someone who describes a 2-0 defeat as "perfect"?

No, bcause you should realise that that is not what he actually said, as im quite sure you are already.

The "perfect" interview was on TV yesterday and what he was was something like

"Up until the 69th minute the game was going perfectly" (or whenever the first goal went in.)

Thats a million miles away from saying that a 2-0 defeat is perfect which is what you seem to be portraying.
  • Options
    codebluecodeblue Posts: 14,072
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    If your whole opinion of BR is based upon one documentary then I find that strange?

I agree that it would be unfair to base everything on that doc, and i admit that it was unfair of the club to get cameras to follow him when new in the job - many managers would find that terribly difficult.

However i base my opinion on other things that he has done over the season so far.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Cantona07 wrote: »
    No, bcause you should realise that that is not what he actually said, as im quite sure you are already.

The "perfect" interview was on TV yesterday and what he was was something like

"Up until the 69th minute the game was going perfectly" (or whenever the first goal went in.)

Thats a million miles away from saying that a 2-0 defeat is perfect which is what you seem to be portraying.

No, you are absolutely misquoting what he said. he said:

"We're very disappointed to have lost the game. After that opening spell, when they had too much space, I thought it was a near-on perfect away performance."
  • Options
    Forum Member
    No, you are absolutely misquoting what he said. he said:

"We're very disappointed to have lost the game. After that opening spell, when they had too much space, I thought it was a near-on perfect away performance."

Im not misquoting, its obviously a different interview then.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Im not misquoting, its obviously a different interview then.

That explains it
  • Options
    Richie1001Richie1001 Posts: 8,217
    Forum Member
    But again - even in the other quote, he's not saying it's a perfect performance is he?

He said that he's disappointed and it was a near perfect (So look at how we played other than the goals) performance. I do think there is far to much being put behind the use of one word - especially when, in the other interview he quite clearly references the goals as being a turning point in the game and the point where it stopped being a perfect performance.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    But again - even in the other quote, he's not saying it's a perfect performance is he?

He said that he's disappointed and it was a near perfect (So look at how we played other than the goals) performance. I do think there is far to much being put behind the use of one word - especially when, in the other interview he quite clearly references the goals as being a turning point in the game and the point where it stopped being a perfect performance.

You could argue that interview clarified his earlier point - after he was getting ridiculed for saying it in the first place.

As soon as he used the word, the social media and airwaves were full of people giving him pelters.

But this is the way BR seems to manage. No matter how the team plays, he will never say they were poor. Some could say this is good management. But we forget that he has singled out and slaughtered individual players - which is thought to be bad management.
  • Options
    degsyhufcdegsyhufc Posts: 59,251
    Forum Member
    If we change the quotes from Rodgers to Rafa, one of them would be sacked this morning.
    Well, that's Chelsea for you ;)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    degsyhufc wrote: »
    Well, that's Chelsea for you ;)

LFC have had their fair share now too!
  • Options
    Assa2Assa2 Posts: 10,345
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    LFC have had their fair share now too!

Yes, too many. If FSG fire BR in the summer for not meeting their targets (what ever they are) despite having said he had their support and would be given time to rebuild and re-establish the team they wil lose all credebility and the club supporters will turn on them. You will see protests against the owners at games but you won't see us demonstrating against who ever the next manager was. However, I am 99.99% sure this isn't going to happen. BR is safe in his job for at least another 2-3 seasons unless there is a cataclysmic drop in form. BR was brought in to stop and reverse the tred the club had been locked into over the last 3 seasons (it had stopped being a blip of bad form ages ago)

2010 - 7th 63pts
    2011 - 6th 58pts
    2012 - 8th 52pts

Not only was 2012 our worst league season since the 1950's when we got relegated but this run we're in now is by far our worst since that time. If BR can stop the downward spiral he will have done enough for this season. If he delivers a significant improvement (6th with around 60 pts) he will have done very well.

I personally hope BR is our manager for years to come. Not because I think he's a particularly brilliant manager or even has the potential to be one of the greats, but because I can see him and the team he is building growing into something very good, very much the sum being worth much more than the parts.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I appreciate what the above poster is saying, and yes, it is desirable to have consistency.

Liverpool have been like a mini chelsea of late - demonstrating about the owners and forcing them out, forcing the current england manager out too!

Having a settled period to build seems very sensible, i just dont think or see that Rodgers is the man to do it. 2 or 3 years? How far on will Chelsea, Manchester United, Manchester City, Arsenal and Spurs be in that time?

For certain, they will not stay still. What happens if we lose our 4th place CL spot?
  • Options
    homer2012homer2012 Posts: 5,216
    Forum Member
    Sacking rodgers would do more harm than good, liverpool have to rebuild and have started this season, the express rome wasnt built in a day comes to mind.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I appreciate what the above poster is saying, and yes, it is desirable to have consistency.

Liverpool have been like a mini chelsea of late - demonstrating about the owners and forcing them out, forcing the current england manager out too!

Having a settled period to build seems very sensible, i just dont think or see that Rodgers is the man to do it. 2 or 3 years? How far on will Chelsea, Manchester United, Manchester City, Arsenal and Spurs be in that time?

For certain, they will not stay still. What happens if we lose our 4th place CL spot?

Whether anyone else thinks BR is up to the job or not he is the man chosen by FSG to do it, and given that the remit was to do something that takes more than one season to put in place, they really need to either give him the time to do it or admit that they do not have the expertise to pick a manager and bring in someone who does to oversee their recruitment process. They dont to develop the reputation that Chelsea have been stuck with because of the actions of RA.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    They dont to develop the reputation that Chelsea have been stuck with because of the actions of RA.

We do have a bit of a reputation of changing managers - but 50% of those have just been the wrong appointments.

It takes a big man to admit they have it wrong, and a bigger man to do something about it. CFC clearly have the wrong man at the moment, and RDM (as much as we love him) was not the person neither.

We have been like a dumped wife, sleeping around until her first husband and one true love comes back to her.

Anyway, Rodgers has zero experience at this level. United fans say that their keeper is good but should not be learning on the job. This is true of LFCs manager too. They are learning a very expensive lesson. Its cost them £60m so far and counting.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    We do have a bit of a reputation of changing managers - but 50% of those have just been the wrong appointments.

It takes a big man to admit they have it wrong, and a bigger man to do something about it. CFC clearly have the wrong man at the moment, and RDM (as much as we love him) was not the person neither.

We have been like a dumped wife, sleeping around until her first husband and one true love comes back to her.

Anyway, Rodgers has zero experience at this level. United fans say that their keeper is good but should not be learning on the job. This is true of LFCs manager too. They are learning a very expensive lesson. Its cost them £60m so far and counting.

You have a number of wrong appointments and a number of wrong dismissals. At some point the common denominator is recognised as the problem and it puts people off.

It largely me that is talking about DDG learning on the job. Most people are happy enough with it, it just so happens they are wrong (:D).

Again though, whether you are right or not about Rodgers, he is the man chosen for the job and the job spec wasnt "success today, right now, immediately" so to sack him on the basis of that means that the owners have to admit they got the man or the job spec wrong. If the job spec is still the same and they see an overall progress at the club (not just the league position) and are happy in their dealings with BR then they have no reason not to allow him to continue to try and develop the squad.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    If the job spec is still the same and they see an overall progress at the club (not just the league position) and are happy in their dealings with BR then they have no reason not to allow him to continue to try and develop the squad.

The problem is they have 6 clubs that are better than they are. All 6 will be trying their best to move forward too. BR has to overtake at least three of them just to be in the position Arsenal have been in for the past 7 years!

From what i have seen, BR has no experience at this level to develop a squad. It looks like one step forward two steps back. Alienating players, buying terribly (bar sturridge?) and seemingly not having a clue in the dressing room.