Options

can britney sell 5 million?

2»

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,106
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't think Britney will ever have kind of sales she once had in her heyday. Plus, album sales aren't like they were 10-15 years ago either. That was her peak 10 years ago.

She could get 5 million in sales but she's gonna need major promotion if she does get out there and not be LAZY.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,556
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    As much as i love Britney, she is an artist who sells by her name. She hasn't done heavy promo since In The Zone. Circus was OK promo wise better than none. I think also Britney is releasing her new album at a good time. OK there is also other artists releasing but that doesn't mean she will wont sell that well. She established where as some people just want fresh new artists. Katy Perry will be on album 3 i believe? Shes the cool artist of the now. Will it last who knows? Back to Britney i think she should release a single quite soon hype it up get a good team behind you. She tweeted its coming a lot sooner than we think. Perhaps end of September new single & another in November that can impact. The album November maybe first week December Promo singles would be good. I hope she promote as well. I feel shes a lot more in to it this era. The fact that is going to be her most personal makes it so special! I don't get why the u.k are last to get a single too. Music leaks don't help Britney's sales, Look at Hold It Against Me/ Till The World Ends u.k release.

Talking of promo maybe she will get behind this & promote as selling on her name doesn't always work look at Ooh La La.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 296
    Forum Member
    I should do this for a living, I wouldn't even want much money and I think the majority of ideas I have are better than the muppets that call themselves managers these days, its not hard to plan a promo tour for one of the worlds biggest stars, Daybreak, Loose Women and local radio stations would love to have a major worldwide artist on their schedule

I work in PR. Managers dont plan "promo tours" publicists do - and its not just a case of calling up and booking in for a tv show. The journalist has to agree, the artist has to agree and the production has to be set up on time. On top of this they are dealing with hundreds of other subject matters so the timing schedule is an issue too. Also, a lot of networks would ask for an exclusive with someone of Britney's caliber, therefore this would make her exempt from appearing on similar formats. Another topic to note would be quality of programming - having Britney on Loose Women doesnt match to her persona and mystery as an artist. As a successful popstar you have to marry the brand to appropriate media, Loose Women is synonymous with daytime tv and general chit chat it shouldnt be an option for an international recording artist unless they have a brief exclusive that takes place outside of the studio. Booking and scheduling promotion is not as easy as picking the media outlet and arriving - imagine you had one day to book several appointments - as an example you may find some of the appointments would clash. It can be a strenuous process, trust me i know.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,556
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I work in PR. Managers dont plan "promo tours" publicists do - and its not just a case of calling up and booking in for a tv show. The journalist has to agree, the artist has to agree and the production has to be set up on time. On top of this they are dealing with hundreds of other subject matters so the timing schedule is an issue too. Also, a lot of networks would ask for an exclusive with someone of Britney's caliber, therefore this would make her exempt from appearing on similar formats. Another topic to note would be quality of programming - having Britney on Loose Women doesnt match to her persona and mystery as an artist. As a successful popstar you have to marry the brand to appropriate media, Loose Women is synonymous with daytime tv and general chit chat it shouldnt be an option for an international recording artist unless they have a brief exclusive that takes place outside of the studio. Booking and scheduling promotion is not as easy as picking the media outlet and arriving - imagine you had one day to book several appointments - as an example you may find some of the appointments would clash. It can be a strenuous process, trust me i know.

That's very interesting. Some people just think its easy do this do that. If they read what you wrote then they would get it. Its not always as simple as go on t.v promote etc :)
  • Options
    BeaconboofBeaconboof Posts: 2,374
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think Britney's legacy is secure. She doesn't really have to sell records to be relevant. She will always be a defining symbol of fame for this generation. Part of her appeal is the idea of her lost potential that almost certainly now cannot be recaptured. She did not do everything she was capable of at one time. She could sing. She could dance. It is what it is.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,143
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

While I do wish Britney would do more promo, I agree that people often underestimate the job of PR teams.
  • Options
    dee123dee123 Posts: 46,271
    Forum Member
    I'd love her to have a huge comeback but i think that means getting away from producers like Dr. Puke. I doubt it will happen. I'd just love another great album like Blackout.