The New Look...

Comments

• noodkleopatranoodkleopatra Posts: 12,742
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I don't mind it. It's the adverts I hate. Popping up everywhere, every time you load a page. It's tedious!
  • danmcculloughdanmccullough Posts: 153
    Forum Member
    I'm not sure of it to be honest. With most new things, they take a while to warm to sometimes. I'm not entirely sure that I'll warm to this new layout.
  • maws57maws57 Posts: 5
    Forum Member
    I dislike new site. I live in Australia, but chose to view UK site. Now I don't get a choice. Also, I am sick of the Perroni pop ups that I can't get rid of and the the new very deep links board at the top of the page. Please Mods talk to the designers and fix these issues. You will loose a lot of visitors if these issues are not sorted out asap.:o Jeez that darn ad even popped up when reviewing this post!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,734
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I hate the new design. And that cursed Undertone thing every time you load a page is doing my head in. The rollover ads at the top of the page were irritating enough. Are DS doing an experiment to see how much frustration people can take before they abandon their site?
    maws57 wrote: »
    I dislike new site. I live in Australia, but chose to view UK site. Now I don't get a choice. Also, I am sick of the Perroni pop ups that I can't get rid of and the the new very deep links board at the top of the page. Please Mods talk to the designers and fix these issues. You will loose a lot of visitors if these issues are not sorted out asap.:o Jeez that darn ad even popped up when reviewing this post!

I agree. I hate that I no longer have a choice of whether to view the UK site. I wouldn't drink Peroni now if I were dying of thirst.
  • thejoyof_patthejoyof_pat Posts: 30,735
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The top bar is doing my nut in, can't the move the search button up beside the forums bit and make the bar thinner and not have it follow us about like some stalker? If I want it, I'II scroll up, nae harm!
  • EurostarEurostar Posts: 78,519
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    wwinterj wrote: »
    It'll take some getting used to. Not a fan at the moment.

I don't think people could ever get used to it. If I was logging into a website that looked like this for the first time, my first impression would be that it was a very ugly layout.
  • JWDrama1980JWDrama1980 Posts: 236
    Forum Member
    it's awful.
  • Ozboz3Ozboz3 Posts: 1,785
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I have the same problem as others because I usually go on DS via my iPad and can't see half of people's posts!
  • ChickenFromKievChickenFromKiev Posts: 7,427
    Forum Member
    Using the ipad version - I can't reach the last page, the posts are cut off and I don't really like the design anyway! The smilies are horrendous, the top bar glitches, I can't see some of the posts and I can't get to the last page on anything. Good job, DS.
  • FingersAndToesFingersAndToes Posts: 9,956
    Forum Member
    Is it just me, or has the page been more more to the left?

The banner on the top is still way too big.
  • HoffmisterHoffmister Posts: 12,024
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    windows 7 PC ... adjust browser to 100 percent to fit the page in, use control and plus to up the font size and sunglasses to educe the glare
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 358
    Forum Member
    Keeki wrote: »
    I hate the new design. And that cursed Undertone thing every time you load a page is doing my head in. The rollover ads at the top of the page were irritating enough. Are DS doing an experiment to see how much frustration people can take before they abandon their site?

This! The damn undertone thing is driving me mad. Add to that this new layout (awful on the PC, almost useless on an ipad) and the site is rapidly becoming unusable for me.
  • maxsimaxsi Posts: 2,412
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The only question is WHY....? It's awful... I use iPad too and have to guess words and its so bright and so much space... Sort it pease
  • mrsgrumpy49mrsgrumpy49 Posts: 10,061
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    To sum up. The new layout completely sucks

How many threads on this have we got now and why has this been posted in soaps?
  • tenchgirltenchgirl Posts: 11,100
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    This is awful
  • ilovenicnacsilovenicnacs Posts: 43,377
    Forum Member
    MrWoodySir wrote: »
    What do we think of it then my Soap friends?

In the immortal words of mo mouse,absolutely loathe it! I can't post on my kindle properly as the keyboard covers the reply screen! (Have to turn it vertically and the words and keyboard shrink to half the size so I keep pressing the wrong keys), and I can't see the end,of the posts as the writing is too wide, the smilies!!! Where do I start with the smilies! I can't tell them apart.. if I'm posting in the episode thread I will have to stop and work out which one is which..

The colour is bland, I'm sorry but I want the old blue ds back, this one is very annoying.
  • Sandra BeeSandra Bee Posts: 9,430
    Forum Member
    I'm suffering from snow blindness :cool:
    Forum Member
    maurice45 wrote: »
    No, you're not, others are complaining about that too.

I'd like to direct everyone to this page:

http://forums.digitalspy.co.uk/showthread.php?t=1916417

Where you can give the mods a piece of your mind.

My review of the change is simple: shite.

Done :mad:
  • OcdGirlOcdGirl Posts: 12,174
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I used to enjoy reading the new soap spoilers but its all so hard to read now and given me a headache, that I don't think I will bother.
    Forum Member
    los.kav wrote: »
    The only new thing the forum needed was a way to 'like' posts. Not a fan of the new look, but I'm sure we'll all get used to it. It's very basic looking though. Can't help but wonder if it's all about getting more mobile/tablet traffic than being computer friendly.

edited to add: the white bit up the top of the page is too big, in my opinion. They could halve the size of that.

They definately won't get more tablet traffic as the entire site is now too big to read! Can't reduce page size, I can't get used to something I can't read in the first place, please ds, put it back.
  • Hit Em Up StyleHit Em Up Style Posts: 12,141
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    OcdGirl wrote: »
    I used to enjoy reading the new soap spoilers but its all so hard to read now and given me a headache, that I don't think I will bother.

Yeah not only does the menu at the top of the page take up way too much space. The actual ads take up even more so reading articles has become impossible.

The forums are worse. The colours all blend into one so reading comments is a real strain on the eyes. It gave me a headache last night and I can feel another one coming on now.
  • foxy23foxy23 Posts: 4,392
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I prefer it the way it was before. I have a basic phone, so it is a nightmare trying to even get on the forums section as I can't do drop-lists!!
    Its also mis-aligned now and too big for my screen - I have to keep reducing the font/screen size!!

Hope these are teething problems DS will sort out!!
  • Melephunk2010Melephunk2010 Posts: 38,383
    Forum Member
    I'M GOING TO KEEP SHOUTING IN BIG BOLD LETTERS UNTIL SOMETHING IS DONE BECAUSE THE ORIGINAL TYPE IS GIVING ME YET ANOTHER HEADACHE!

You know what to do DS!
  • evoleevole Posts: 1,138
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Are we in some kind of beta testing hellscape?? Where are the F**king breadcrumbs to navigate the damn site?????? This is a bit of a disaster! And the damn emoticons are really awful, WTAF!!!!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 20,096
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't understand who thought this was a good idea, and furthermore DS Mods complete obsession with constant upgrades to this site.

The old layout was perfectly fine; readable, quite modern and easily accessible. I like the vibrancy of the neon colours on the different news sections, and the way the blue and white coordinated with another on the forums. These days the forum is virtually unreadable, and it is even worse on my iphone and ipad. I, along with many others on this forum am asking please DS mods change it back at least do something about this current format. It is ruining this site!