The Hunger Games: Mockingjay Part.1

Comments

• blueisthecolourblueisthecolour Posts: 20,125
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm really looking forward this. I'm interested as to what parts of the book will be in the first part and when it will end.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 703
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm intrigued about the adaptations of this too. Mockingjay was my favourite of the three books, so I'm eager to see how they handle it on screen.
    I'm really looking forward this. I'm interested as to what parts of the book will be in the first part and when it will end.
    Surely the most obvious cliffhanger for the end of Mockingjay Pt. 1 would be Katniss and Peeta's reunion, where he tries to kill her after being brainwashed by the Capitol. It'd be a real WTF moment for non-book readers and would definitely heighten interest for Pt. 2.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 520
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm intrigued about the adaptations of this too. Mockingjay was my favourite of the three books, so I'm eager to see how they handle it on screen.

Surely the most obvious cliffhanger for the end of Mockingjay Pt. 1 would be Katniss and Peeta's reunion, where he tries to kill her after being brainwashed by the Capitol. It'd be a real WTF moment for non-book readers and would definitely heighten interest for Pt. 2.

I agree, I'm really looking forward to it. I also think you've hit the nail on the head about where the first film may finish
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,888
    Forum Member
    Agree on where it might end. I wasn't keen on the final book but I'm hoping the film will be better.
  • GrecomaniaGrecomania Posts: 19,588
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I agree, I'm really looking forward to it. I also think you've hit the nail on the head about where the first film may finish

To me it's so obvious that'll be the break, works in every way.

I actually think it can work by getting rid of some of the things that made the final book annoying. In the end just have Katniss involved in everything, particularly the stuff that happens off-stage.
  • GulftasticGulftastic Posts: 127,363
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    IIRC doesn't the book end with
    Katniss being with neither Peeta or the other bloke? I quite liked that. It went nicely against the norm of books aimed at teenagers

I hope they don't tack a naff Hollywood romance ending on.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,241
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Gulftastic wrote: »
    IIRC doesn't the book end with
    Katniss being with neither Peeta or the other bloke? I quite liked that. It went nicely against the norm of books aimed at teenagers

I hope they don't tack a naff Hollywood romance ending on.
    No, in the book Katniss ends up with Peeta. The epilogue describes how they go on to have children together and how opposed she was to the idea at first.
  • GulftasticGulftastic Posts: 127,363
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Boy, did I misremember that!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,241
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Gulftastic wrote: »
    Boy, did I misremember that!

It wasn't the main focus of the ending which is probably why you don't remember and is probably why the trilogy is admired as much as it is. The love story has never been the main focus and I think the films do that justice.
  • Mystical123Mystical123 Posts: 15,819
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    There was already a thread about Mockingjay started ages ago, was only a couple of pages back: http://forums.digitalspy.co.uk/showthread.php?t=1919214

Anyway, I hope they flesh out the epilogue a bit in part 2, it's the bit of the last book I think doesn't do the series justice, though I do think it ended as it should.

As for the split, the obvious place has been mentioned, but that may be just too much of a cliffhanger seeing as it's going to be a year between movies - for example, the first two Lord of the Rings movies didn't really end on cliffhangers at all. Catching Fire was sort of a cliffhanger, but not in the way splitting Mockingjay at the particular point everyone expects would be...
  • iluvdanniiiluvdannii Posts: 3,147
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Have people seen the promo video. It's a teaser for the upcoming film not really a trailer but a message from president snow it's awesome!!

http://youtu.be/7dCB2U9lX48
  • MysteriousOzMysteriousOz Posts: 6,230
    Forum Member
    I want a real trailer, this is great for fan though

Im nervous for this 1st one (of the double finale), ill be honest, the book bored me a bit
  • blueisthecolourblueisthecolour Posts: 20,125
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The last book was by far my favourite.

I wonder . . . . .
    whether the rescue of Peeta and Johanna will occur off screen as it does in the book. It seems an obvious thing to include to increase the action level but then there's an awful lot that has to go into the film as it is.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sooo Good.....Second teaser.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k4e-qJdEAXo
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Official Teaser trailer: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JzcYyzCZdiM

It looks awesome! Can't wait for a full theatrical trailer!
    Forum Member
    Gotta admit the trailer got me excited!!
  • FusionFuryFusionFury Posts: 14,121
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    "I am.. I will" Goosebumps!!
    Im hoping they include footage of Haymitch in his Hunger games appearance but I fear they wont

That will probably be saved for a Hunger Games Spin Off, even though I agree.

We need to see him drunk more, too?
  • DandemDandem Posts: 13,336
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The trailer is looking good, I gotta say. I haven't read the books (I decided to go film-first having read the Harry Potter books before seeing the film) so I'm quite excited to see where this is going after the cliffhanger from Catching Fire.

Shame that we won't be seeing too much of Phillip Seymour-Hoffman though. He was excellent in Catching Fire.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    5 Days until the actual trailer on the 15th but this official theatrical poster is amazing!! And this trailer countdown http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/movies/news/a595891/watch-brand-new-mockingjay-teaser-is-katniss-facing-destruction.html
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    O....M......G!!!!!! THIS LOOKS INCREDIBLE!!!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C_Tsj_wTJkQ
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 208
    Forum Member
    The trailer is incredible, and heightened my excitement for it (as if it wasn't already high enough - this is my most anticipated film of the year). Now we've got the trailer, I'll really be counting down the days until the film...
  • TunnelVision9TunnelVision9 Posts: 589
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Soooo excited!!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,868
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I read Catching Fire in 2 days, but Mockingjay took me 4 months. I heard that they are adding some plot changes to these films though, so hopefully I will be pleasantly surprised!
    Forum Member
    I read Catching Fire in 2 days, but Mockingjay took me 4 months. I heard that they are adding some plot changes to these films though, so hopefully I will be pleasantly surprised!

Yes I was the same it was a tough read, for me mainly because the hunger games part of each book was like a build up to the action and Mockingjay felt quite slow. and Katniss felt less strong

I believe they will have helped make the last 2 movies just as powerful as the 1st two to help keep the franchise alive
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Do you guys think MJ.P1 can gross over $1 Billion??

THG: $691,247,768[
    THG: CF: $864.6 million

Will it remain similar to catching fire or gross even more do you think?