Little Mix cancel US tour

2»

Comments

• Options
    AdzPowerAdzPower Posts: 4,861
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ^^^^^
    Which is almost exactly what I was saying, however SOME Little Mix fans can get quite defensive and drag other groups into the discussion with no cause to do so.
  • Options
    Sweet7Sweet7 Posts: 599
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    They are very unpopular in the UK too. They get overplayed on all the major radio stations and tv but people have been getting annoyed because they mime so badly.

Their Children in Need Charity single, which should have been a guaranteed number one, only reached number six. One of their recent singles had a first week chart position of number 54.

They have become such a joke act in the UK I wouldn't be surprised if Cowell pulled the plug. Which also means the fake relationships will come to an end too.

I'm sorry but this post is a bit unfair. I'm not really a fan of Little Mix but it's obvious to see they have a very strong fanbase. After their performance on the BGT final there was majority of positive praise for them over Twitter.

They are still selling strong in the UK, and they just did a sell out tour which proves they have potential and are strong.
  • Options
    Mark-AnthonyMark-Anthony Posts: 572
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm a bit confused about the comparisons with The Saturdays. Firstly because it was a thread about Little Mix cancelling their tour and no other acts were mentioned, and secondly because well, The Saturdays have notoriously consistent poor sales (sorry Saturdays fans, and if I had to pick I'd choose The Sats but that is an unfortunate truth I think) and I think we all know they flopped in the US (largely thanks to their joke of a management, but hey that's another story). Anyway, in comparison Little Mix are talked up to be big in the UK and US whereas I don't think that's entirely true. I think bringing The Saturdays into it purely because they're a girl group is a pathetic comparison because they really are incomparable aside from being girl groups.

My point is just that The Saturdays are known to be unpopular in the US in spite of any promo. Little Mix are always being hyped up as being popular worldwide. Saying they're more successful than other acts is irrelevant, Little Mix are still not all they're hyped up to be as far as the US is concerned.

If I were running the group, I would have them finish the tour before starting a new album even if it meant moving to smaller venues, but I guess that's too much effort when their managers can just get them in to record a new album to sell asap....

The Saturdays were brought into it as an example of a comparison of how well little mix are actually doing though people are trying to detract from their success. They are the biggest British girlband worldwide right now. I didn't say they were the best selling act in the world but they are doing better and selling more than any other girlband right now whether others want to admit it or not
  • Options
    AdzPowerAdzPower Posts: 4,861
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's true, LM are the current biggest selling UK girlband around right now, I don't think anyone has disputed that, I just think their success is being made out to be bigger than it actually is.
  • Options
    TrebleKingTrebleKing Posts: 2,390
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Such as? Considering the last girl band to have a top 5 album in the us was pussycat dolls....

Okay, if I'm wrong there doesn't your rebuttal prove there's no market for an act like Little Mix in the United States?
  • Options
    Master OzzyMaster Ozzy Posts: 18,937
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    This will be the start of things going downhill for them. Not their fault, but Syco's. We've seen it before loads of times...Syco signs an act, things go well and then they do stupid things such as delaying albums, rush releasing music, rubbish promo, or in this case cancelling a tour. Syco are awful.
  • Options
    mgvsmithmgvsmith Posts: 16,458
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The only thing in this post which is actually true is the chart position of the Children in Need single. The rest of it is fantasy.

Even that wasn't true. Little Mix's 'Word Up' single was for Sport Relief and only one of the six Sport Relief singles has made no 1. It was nearly all fantasy.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    TrebleKing wrote: »
    Okay, if I'm wrong there doesn't your rebuttal prove there's no market for an act like Little Mix in the United States?

No it proves that your statement of there being a 'plethora of vastly superior but similar acts' in the US is total BS :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    AdzPower wrote: »
    It's true, LM are the current biggest selling UK girlband around right now, I don't think anyone has disputed that, I just think their success is being made out to be bigger than it actually is.

How so? The thread is about them cancelling their US tour to which others have dismissed them and such. It post says they are the biggest girl band right now which is the same as what I said. I didn't say they were selling millions of every track but they are having much more success after two albums and 9 singles of which they have co-written 7 than any other girl band right now
  • Options
    JasonJason Posts: 76,557
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    mgvsmith wrote: »
    Even that wasn't true. Little Mix's 'Word Up' single was for Sport Relief and only one of the six Sport Relief singles has made no 1. It was nearly all fantasy.

Well there you go. Happy to be corrected :)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 25,501
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah because the Saturdays didn't 'give it a proper go' with their TV show and getting a had been rent a rapper in their track. Just laughable comments in this forum. Constant dragging of people down not recognising actual achievements.

You've pretty much done the same about The Saturdays in the thread. Tad hypocritical there... pot calling kettle black. ;-)
  • Options
    twingletwingle Posts: 19,322
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Blondie X wrote: »
    The problem is that these XF acts are just seen by Cowell as a cashcow to be milked as quickly as possibly and then thrown away to make way for the next lot. So rather to give them time to work on decent material, they are rushed into the studio to churn out an album a year, each one progressively worse than the last.

Exactly the same happened with JLS where their debut was promising but rather than taking their time to improve their output, they were rushed into churning out crap to boost the Cowell coffers

I disagree 1D's three albums have got better and each one has sold more. I should add too that the 2nd and 3rd were recorded while touring. I am not knocking little mix though as a girl band they have to work harder than a boy band

Poor excuse as no one cancels a tour to record an album when you can record on the road with mobile recording studios
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    tomi-08 wrote: »
    You've pretty much done the same about The Saturdays in the thread. Tad hypocritical there... pot calling kettle black. ;-)

What have I said about the Saturdays that isn't true?...so not hypocritical just comparing
  • Options
    homer2012homer2012 Posts: 5,216
    Forum Member
    Poor ticket sales the real reason, just ask the honeyz
  • Options
    MrSuperMrSuper Posts: 18,546
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    mgvsmith wrote: »
    To be fair Little Mix's second album is better then their first one and there were a few decent singles on it, just not the songs that got released. LM seem to have gone with a R n'B style which is a little harder to pull off than say the straight pop of Girls Aloud.

Exactly this! The singles they were released were terrible. Not pop, not catchy, nothing likeable about it. That's why they've flopped so badly. If you don't release the good songs that will people like and want to buy then what's the point?!

Their last song Salute should never have been released. Album filler girl power crap but for a single, no.

So many pop artists do this. Jessie J did the exact same with her last album and chose all the wrong songs as singles and flopped.
  • Options
    MicrokorgMicrokorg Posts: 2,670
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Pointy wrote: »
    Am I alone in finding them unlikable as people?

No!

Can't stand any of them
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,660
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Poorly managed and poorly planned careers tend to peter out sooner than most. When you win a game show, the focus is not on maintaining your success but prepping for the next in line. Little Mix were doomed as soon as their "mentor" hit the skids and by association screwed them over. The music business is sink or swim like never before and when you're dealing with sharks, unsurprisingly it can be a short lived "career" in the limelight.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,899
    Forum Member
    Microkorg wrote: »
    No!

Can't stand any of them

Me either, they're rubbish!
  • Options
    avon942avon942 Posts: 18,831
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ramo1234 wrote: »