Options

Does anyone here like snakes or lizards???

bikinibikini Posts: 166
Forum Member
I like them but I am scared of them they make me feel very frightened indeed.
do other people feel frightened of snakes?

Comments

• Options
    LyceumLyceum Posts: 3,399
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    My friend has both a bearded dragon and snakes. The dragon is epic! I love him. The snakes I can take or leave. I'm not afraid or bothered by them but I can't say I'm a fan. I'll hold them etc without issue but wouldn't have one myself.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 72
    Forum Member
    I like snakes, I have snakes myself. They are adorable!
  • Options
    ShaunIOWShaunIOW Posts: 11,326
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I've got 7 snakes at present, and have had others and lizards years ago as well.
  • Options
    jrajra Posts: 48,325
    Forum Member
    bikini wrote: »
    I like them but I am scared of them they make me feel very frightened indeed.
    do other people feel frightened of snakes?

Well, that depends on how big and/or venomous they are. The same with poisonous spiders, while we are on the subject. The only poisonous snake in the UK is the adder, and they are low risk in terms of being bitten and venom toxicity.

For instance, you don't want to be bitten by an Inland Taipan (Fierce Snake) or Gila Monster, unless you have a death wish, though being bitten by either is rare for different reasons.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Inland_Taipan
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gila_monster

In other words, I don't mind handling a snake or a lizard, providing there is no danger.

I've handled a few snakes and a bearded dragon.
  • Options
    Directioner_HazDirectioner_Haz Posts: 462
    Forum Member
    I love lizards but you can keep snakes away from me...unkess it's a Boa Constrictor or Burmese Python.

Both me and Harry Styles share a fear of snakes
  • Options
    WolfsheadishWolfsheadish Posts: 10,400
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I like both. In fact, I like them so much that I wish people wouldn't keep them as "pets" :(
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 72
    Forum Member
    I like both. In fact, I like them so much that I wish people wouldn't keep them as "pets" :(

Well, I have them as pets. We're all very happy.
  • Options
    SilverCrownSilverCrown Posts: 1,766
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I have two bearded dragons (lizards). One is 9 and the other is 8 years old. :)