Chris - Set up ?

Comments

• Save FerrisSave Ferris Posts: 252
    Forum Member

Hope Chris goes Friday - nasty man

I'm sorry but I just don't believe that Chris is a 'nasty man'. A bit misguided maybe but he certainly seems to have been made the scapegoat for all the bad feeling about Pav. Clearly all the housemates feel the same way about Pav - seven nominations speaks for itself. I think he's playing right into Channel 5's hands and will possibly go on Friday at this rate. But, 'nasty', I don't buy it. :(
  • BunionsBunions Posts: 15,016
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Well it didn't really work out that well for her did it?

I don't think that he either attempted or wanted to orchestrate a victim role for himself. I think he really wanted to go in and enjoy his experience - I find it sad that others have bent over backwards to make him uncomfortable and the bitter Danielle and despicable Matthew have just contributed to it.

Not nice to watch - must be even worse to live it - poor boy.

On the plus side though it's given the contemptible Chris a bit of a lift - he really thinks he's the bees knees speaking down to someone smaller and more vulnerable than him and being allowed in and actually leading the gossiping and smear campaign against Pav.

Amen to that.
  • SkyrahSkyrah Posts: 14,757
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It's interesting that you say that, when it's Chris dissecting and pouring doubt on a letter from home for Pav. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ecEoSw4ENAM

That isn't bad editing, it's Chris going out of his way to turn the other HMs against Pav.

what an obnoxious little toad Chris has turned out to be. The cold, deliberate manner in which he goes about isolating Pav and making him look bad makes Chris even worse, IMO, than the likes of Toya, Pauline and Helen who, at least were impulsive in their actions. Also, unlike them, we've seen Chris feeling left out at the start of the show, so you'd think, out of all of them, he'd be the one to ensure no-one else suffered the same fate. Instead, he's the one instigating the suspicion and bad feeling towards Pav. I bet he's positively revelling in the idea that his campaign is paying off - in the house at least.

Chris does not need to try to convince anyone that Pav is not to be trusted, 7 noms against Pav speaks volums
  • An ThropologistAn Thropologist Posts: 39,854
    Forum Member
    Well it didn't really work out that well for her did it?

I don't think that he either attempted or wanted to orchestrate a victim role for himself. I think he really wanted to go in and enjoy his experience - I find it sad that others have bent over backwards to make him uncomfortable and the bitter Danielle and despicable Matthew have just contributed to it.

Not nice to watch - must be even worse to live it - poor boy.

On the plus side though it's given the contemptible Chris a bit of a lift - he really thinks he's the bees knees speaking down to someone smaller and more vulnerable than him and being allowed in and actually leading the gossiping and smear campaign against Pav.

Indeed it didn't and I agree it is a flawed game plan because sooner or later you need to move beyond the victim place to win. So the victim card hypothetically speaking may be good for gaining viewer support initially but then you need to be seen to somehow overcome to get enough votes to actually win.

I think it is pretty hard to come back from the bottom of the pecking order to a winning position higher in the ranks. Even harder considering there is so much that can happen that is unpredictable and out of your control.

As a game it is devilishly difficult which is what makes it so fascinating. :)
  • Scarlett BerryScarlett Berry Posts: 21,135
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I agree there is no real evidence. I am, as always, looking at it hypothetically. I have nothing against Pav or indeed Chris for that matter.

But if a HM had had the advantage of watching the series they knew they were later going to be in, they get an opportunity to gauge public perception. If they see that a couple of housemates are out on the edge of the group looking lonely and forlorn are engendering public sympathy, they may well reason that this is a strategy they can adopt. All they need to do is keep a distance from other HMs, look sad, make a few diary room reports etc and voila the public melt in empathetic support.

I am not saying it is happening I am just hypothesising that it is a game plan one might choose to run to gain airtime and public appeal.

But he hasn't deliberately kept himself at a distance, he has been largely treated with suspicion by the whole house, aided and abetted by the bitter ex housemates.

I like (d) Chris and have no strong feeling regarding Pav, however in this instance I do not think he has had any major plans to act as the sympathy seeker. The role, intentional or otherwise, has been foisted on Pav particularly by Chris, who in my opinion is coming accross as really mean spirited. I am finding Chris's behaviour so unpleasant as to make me dislike him.:(
  • threecheesesthreecheeses Posts: 23,936
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Skyrah wrote: »
    Yes, Chris is being set up by BB, started cpl of weeks ago.

Got to love the BB edits, ALL the HMs are talking about Pav behind his back, it's not just Chris. BB in their wisdom seem to be focusing more on Chris.

Makes me wonder if BB are trying to deflect Mark falling popularity by giving Chris bad edits.

Yep it definitely did and was certainly noticed on here and it is has been more of a subtle, slow burner, yet still people on here deny BB have 'favourites', maybe not a clear 1 person favourite but they definitely have a pool of players they like to keep and those they like to lose :)
  • Littlegreen42Littlegreen42 Posts: 19,964
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    What a load of crap.

Chris has made his bed...
  • Speak-SoftlySpeak-Softly Posts: 24,737
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I agree there is no real evidence. I am, as always, looking at it hypothetically. I have nothing against Pav or indeed Chris for that matter.

But if a HM had had the advantage of watching the series they knew they were later going to be in, they get an opportunity to gauge public perception. If they see that a couple of housemates are out on the edge of the group looking lonely and forlorn are engendering public sympathy, they may well reason that this is a strategy they can adopt. All they need to do is keep a distance from other HMs, look sad, make a few diary room reports etc and voila the public melt in empathetic support.

I am not saying it is happening I am just hypothesising that it is a game plan one might choose to run to gain airtime and public appeal.

For any of this to happen, one has to believe that Pav (or any HM doing the same) is so devoid of human empathy that they are bordering the sociopath level.

What blows a hole in the theory is Pav's letter from home unless of course he didn't let them in on the plan.

A very detailed letter which basically said, we can see what is happening, don't let it get to you, there is your life outside the house, keep perspective and,

"Illegitimi non carborundum".

They can see what's happening, for the writers there is no plan as far as they are aware.
  • patsylimerickpatsylimerick Posts: 22,124
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Why are you all ignoring where this all started? Chris, Ashleigh and Mark were told - emphatically - by Matthew, Danielle and Biannca that Pav was a snake in the grass, was playing a game and couldn't be trusted. THAT is what all this stems from.
    Forum Member
    But he hasn't deliberately kept himself at a distance, he has been largely treated with suspicion by the whole house, aided and abetted by the bitter ex housemates.

I like (d) Chris and have no strong feeling regarding Pav, however in this instance I do not think he has had any major plans to act as the sympathy seeker. The role, intentional or otherwise, has been foisted on Pav particularly by Chris, who in my opinion is coming accross as really mean spirited. I am finding Chris's behaviour so unpleasant as to make me dislike him.:(

I am exploring the hypothetical nothing more. I only meant that a HM could approach the game in that way.
  • Radical JoeRadical Joe Posts: 15,743
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Chris does not need to try to convince anyone that Pav is not to be trusted, 7 noms against Pav speaks volums

Chris is certainly the one who's encouraging others to feel suspicious about Pav, and it's only Chris who's introducing the 'Pervy Pav' angle to the house.

And, as I've said to you before on more than one ocassion without reply, even if the others were suspicious about Pav, I'd have expected Chris, regardless of his own feelings about Pav being a gameplayer, to be the one to put it into persective and empathise with the one who's finding it hard to integrate. Instead, he's the one who's most vociferous in encouraging suspicion (and thus the isolation) about Pav.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yep it definitely did and was certainly noticed on here and it is has been more of a subtle, slow burner, yet still people on here deny BB have 'favourites', maybe not a clear 1 person favourite but they definitely have a pool of players they like to keep and those they like to lose :)

BB don't have favourites.

What they have are puppets that they use to make their show.
    When the puppets perform as exceptionally well as Chris has done over the last week or so, they are going to use them relentlessly.

Mark's being used in the same way. They have been holding that one back for a while now, slowly but surely giving him enough rope to hang himself.

Chris is the bonus, Mark is the main show for downfall.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Chris is certainly the one who's encouraging others to feel suspicious about Pav, and it's only Chris who's introducing the 'Pervy Pav' angle to the house.

And, as I've said to you before on more than one ocassion without reply, even if the others were suspicious about Pav, I'd have expected Chris, regardless of his own feelings about Pav being a gameplayer, to be the one to put it into persective and empathise with the one who's finding it hard to integrate. Instead, he's the one who's most vociferous in encouraging suspicion (and thus the isolation) about Pav.

Because he was told by Matthew and Danielle not to trust him; that's he's a snake in the grass and a gameplayer.
  • maureensmaureens Posts: 13,667
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yes, Chris is being set up by BB, started cpl of weeks ago.

Got to love the BB edits, ALL the HMs are talking about Pav behind his back, it's not just Chris. BB in their wisdom seem to be focusing more on Chris.

Makes me wonder if BB are trying to deflect Mark falling popularity by giving Chris bad edits.

You have got it in one....Chris is the fall guy they want Mark in the final rather than Chris(also Chris votes to win may go to Ashleigh;-)), all the housemates have bitched about Pav, Matthew and Danielle said to the three Pav is obsessed with Ashleigh they started it!! saying that i would rather Pav stay and Zoe went this week, i do think the "edits" will work(after watching BB from the off it is all been done before) so i think Chris will be booted to boos on friday.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 334
    Forum Member
    Moo_Chops wrote: »
    Much though I was initially disgusted with the footage of Chris with Pav, further bits of information (and edits where bits are being left out) are making me feel that this is a total set up. >:(

Problem is that the set up is really well crafted this time, leaving just enough truth to make it plausible.:confused::confused:

Think we need to take some more time to look at what is actually going on.

BB is playing a blinder here, although terribly cruel, I think he has got us on the hook and reeling us in.:o

Chris was shown the VT in the DR with Ashleigh and Mark and that's where it all started

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lTuXqH18e3U
  • BunionsBunions Posts: 15,016
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Because he was told by Matthew and Danielle not to trust him; that's he's a snake in the grass and a gameplayer.
    How's that for butthurt?

Someone coming in and teefing his gameplan.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Why are you all ignoring where this all started? Chris, Ashleigh and Mark were told - emphatically - by Matthew, Danielle and Biannca that Pav was a snake in the grass, was playing a game and couldn't be trusted. THAT is what all this stems from.

Because it didn't start from there for Chris.
    His reaction to the new HM was one of horror. It was posted about at the time here.

And look at who the ex HM chosen were.
    Chris is going to listen to Bianca, Danielle?
    Why?
    Is he stupid?

Matthew perhaps but then that just shows a catastrophic lack of good judgement of people.
  • DarcyprincessDarcyprincess Posts: 25,693
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Yes and the strange thing is that Pav was not popular anyway. I am not a fan of Pavs myself but I cannot stand to see somebody bullied or ostracised. If Chris had used his brain he would have realised that Pav wasn't popular by the reception he got last Friday and he would probably have gone this week.

But with Chris being so devious and trying to make Pav feel bad Chris has only shown a nasty side to himself and turned so many people against himself. I think that Chris has completely blown it!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Because it didn't start from there for Chris.
    His reaction to the new HM was one of horror. It was posted about at the time here.

And look at who the ex HM chosen were.
    Chris is going to listen to Bianca, Danielle?
    Why?
    Is he stupid?

Matthew perhaps but then that just shows a catastrophic lack of good judgement of people.

I don't like the way Chris is treating Pav, but I'm confident that ALL of them have been UTTERLY swayed by those titbits from Danielle and Matthew. ALL of them. A lengthy discussion on the matter without mentioning Danielle and Matthew's outside information seems extraordinarily remiss to me.
  • threecheesesthreecheeses Posts: 23,936
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    BB don't have favourites.

What they have are puppets that they use to make their show.
    When the puppets perform as exceptionally well as Chris has done over the last week or so, they are going to use them relentlessly.

Mark's being used in the same way. They have been holding that one back for a while now, slowly but surely giving him enough rope to hang himself.

Chris is the bonus, Mark is the main show for downfall.

They do have their favourites, call them favourite puppets if you like but they have certain roles for certain HMs and they do their best to protect a certain few for as long as possible.
    For all we know, Ash or Winston could have been calling Pav all the names under the sun, spitting on his Screen Picture on the Tellies, sticking his toothbrush down the toilet, drawing a picture of him with make up and throwing empty cans at it, pissing in his food, but none of this hypothetical poop would be shown as Chris is the current target.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't like the way Chris is treating Pav, but I'm confident that ALL of them have been UTTERLY swayed by those titbits from Danielle and Matthew. ALL of them. A lengthy discussion on the matter without mentioning Danielle and Matthew's outside information seems extraordinarily remiss to me.

People are only swayed that much when they want to be swayed.;-)

Mark used it to get himself off the hook.

Chris used it to keep himself close to Ashleigh (FFS, he's waited long enough with first Toya then Danielle in the way).

Ashleigh because she is naturally bitchy about people, that's her default mode. She can no more help it than breathe.
  • Penny CrayonPenny Crayon Posts: 36,158
    Forum Member
    I'm sorry but I just don't believe that Chris is a 'nasty man'. A bit misguided maybe but he certainly seems to have been made the scapegoat for all the bad feeling about Pav. Clearly all the housemates feel the same way about Pav - seven nominations speaks for itself. I think he's playing right into Channel 5's hands and will possibly go on Friday at this rate. But, 'nasty', I don't buy it. :(

What have we actually seen Chris do that was nice? He hasn't really done anything kind or supportive to anyone - he's been very self pitying/self serving IMO.

The latest 'stand up to Pav 'rubbish' was I believe an attempt to make us believe he had her best interests at heart (was she really bothered?) when in fact it was an attempt to make himself look heroic and caring.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 514
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    As I said, If Chris is gay, does it change anything?......This argument seems to be made on a sexual basis...

Personally I think BB is stirring and that it is just a case of an older guy adopting a father figure role with a girl and being over-protective. It is not creepy....

PC Culture does not trust older guys with younger girls... and Chris's features don't help (he isn't exactly an adonis) - The Racism slur just chucked in to allow for even more sentiment, noone wants to be accused of supporting both of them do they??

It is wrong of Chris to behave in this manner (I Hope), but it is just done out of being over protective not out of sleaze ....

The rest is all BB just rabble rousing and getting out the lynch mob.
    Forum Member

Odd too that all three of them said the same things about Zoe and Pav. Almost as if they were speaking from the same hymn sheet. Perhaps the one given to them by production to stir up some agro. :blush:

I must deal with my scepticism problem. :D.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    They do have their favourites, call them favourite puppets if you like but they have certain roles for certain HMs and they do their best to protect a certain few for as long as possible.
    For all we know, Ash or Winston could have been calling Pav all the names under the sun, spitting on his Screen Picture on the Tellies, sticking his toothbrush down the toilet, drawing a picture of him with make up and throwing empty cans at it, pissing in his food, but none of this hypothetical poop would be shown as Chris is the current target.

If they were doing any of that it would be shown as it makes great TV.
    Just as Chris is making great TV.

That's the end goal, not some silly deluded wannabes who are stupid enough to go on BB.