Options

Stacey Soloman Pregnant - Congrats

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 26,449
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Superbeast wrote: »
    bastard child - a child born out of wedlock.

That's the origin of the word. As a Jew this would ordinarily bring great shame on her family but it doesn't seem as though she's familiar with the idea or really appreciates the basic tenets of her supposed faith if she's having a second child out of wedlock.

And sorry if I am a bit more pragmatic about this whole limited resources/shared planet/overpopulation/kids raised outside of familt structure issue but I put the reality of the fact most of the world starves every day, we're running out of space for habitation and torching the rainforest to make farmland, we've increased by 3 billion in the last 40 years and kids raised without strong family values end up more likely to abandon education and seek the easy route via gang involvement and crime rather than hard work and long term goals. When those issues are not threatening the world economy and civilised society on a daily basis, what with the Eu bailout and worldwide protests for government reform and financial responsibility, then maybe I'll care enough to congratulate someone on their body's natural biological reproduction functions working correctly and turning a sperm and ovum into a bunch of stem cells for the first couple of months. Until then, there's slightly more pressing issues worth more concern and attention than an Essex bird getting up the duff because her boyfriend forgot the Durex when they were parked up a country lane that led to yet another little miracle being conceived that day to go along with the thousands of others formed in that 24 hour period who aren't getting headlines about their conception.

She flogs frozen pork joints, what do you expect.
  • Options
    kaloukkalouk Posts: 923
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    habby wrote: »
    Alex482 So at the age of 22 she's going to have two children by two different fathers and still unmarried. Hardly cause for congratulations.

Superbeast Don't you realise? Being able to conceive is somehow a miracle, not something many people do every day, sometimes even by accident. Every child is a little miracle, not just another person to consume the limited resources on our overpopulated planet forcing prices to rise and standards to lower as the same amount must spread further for more people. So let's rejoice at yet another unwed mother plonking out yet another child that will end up with issues because of a lack of a strong father figure and competent mother. Let's party in the streets that yet another reason for Stacy Solomon to get tabloid headlines exists, further perpetuating the idea being brainless but with kids = TV career, worked for Young Mums Mansion, Cherry's Having A Baby and Teenage Mom, right? Hooray for yet another bastard child that will be exploited for profit by it's mother. I can't wait for the OK cover shoot. Let the countdown commence.

(My multi quote isnt working)

A couple of points I was going to make. I was disgusted when I first read about it.The countries been so dumbed down now, people just think this is normal behaviour as can be seen by the posts on here.

And some young naive girls will look at her as a role model. They can see how to be famous for having no talent for anything & just have kids when you feel like it with no strings attached! At least shes got a bit of money behind her to pay for it. The silly girls who would follow her example will have to go on benefits paid for by us.

Is this thread a joke that i'm not getting? Are you saying that all of the above would be different if she was married! Why do you assume she is an incompetent mother, she has been with her partner 3 years why will the child not have a strong father figure he must play a role in her sons life they are as commited as any married couple who are adding to their family. You really believe young girls will think Staceys pregnant so I'll have a baby too!

For the poster calling the children bastards, I'm sorry but how low do you have to sink to get attention on a showbiz forum on here! I hope you practice what you preach and tell friends, family, workmates etc exactly what their children are and give them the benefit of your knowledge if they had a child without being married but I very much doubt you would.
  • Options
    Rosie_PosieRosie_Posie Posts: 74
    Forum Member
    I really don't think the political debate is needed here! She can have kids if she wants! Shes a grown woman in a steady relationship & is financially stable... So bore off!
  • Options
    habbyhabby Posts: 10,027
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    kalouk wrote: »
    Is this thread a joke that i'm not getting? Are you saying that all of the above would be different if she was married! Why do you assume she is an incompetent mother, she has been with her partner 3 years why will the child not have a strong father figure he must play a role in her sons life they are as commited as any married couple who are adding to their family. You really believe young girls will think Staceys pregnant so I'll have a baby too!

For the poster calling the children bastards, I'm sorry but how low do you have to sink to get attention on a showbiz forum on here! I hope you practice what you preach and tell friends, family, workmates etc exactly what their children are and give them the benefit of your knowledge if they had a child without being married but I very much doubt you would.

If you look, I was quoting a two other peoples posts but still agree with a couple of points they raised.

While you mention about being with her current boyfriend 3 years, she still has another boy by a different boyfriend when she was 19. And, yes, I do think its different when youre married. Like I've said everythings so dumbed down now that everything seems to go with no questions asked.

And, yes, I also think some silly young girls would get pregnant because she is.
  • Options
    Beautiful_HarvBeautiful_Harv Posts: 9,144
    Forum Member
    Congratulations - but, its not the fact that she is an unmarried mother or two kids with two different dads its the fact that she has came out and said this one wasnt planned either!
    Once a mistake/blessing maybe but twice!!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,481
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    D'you think that Iceland will take the moral high ground and cancel her contract?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    If you look, I was quoting a two other peoples posts but still agree with a couple of points they raised.

While you mention about being with her current boyfriend 3 years, she still has another boy by a different boyfriend when she was 19. And, yes, I do think its different when youre married. Like I've said everythings so dumbed down now that everything seems to go with no questions asked.

And, yes, I also think some silly young girls would get pregnant because she is.

I apologise, I only quoted you as your post had the other posters posts quoted in it. My answer was were not aimed solely at you. Can I ask why having a piece of paper would make the slightest bit of difference, would young girls not copy her if she was pregnant but married, would her partner be a better father if they were married? I am happily married myself so I am not against marriage but cannot see how everything is fine as long as she was married. She made a mistake at 19 but is now in a steady relationship and is adding to her family. I honestly don't understand some of the imo very harsh posts but each to their own I suppose!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    kalouk wrote: »
    I apologise, I only quoted you as your post had the other posters posts quoted in it. My answer was were not aimed solely at you. Can I ask why having a piece of paper would make the slightest bit of difference, would young girls not copy her if she was pregnant but married, would her partner be a better father if they were married? I am happily married myself so I am not against marriage but cannot see how everything is fine as long as she was married. She made a mistake at 19 but is now in a steady relationship and is adding to her family. I honestly don't understand some of the imo very harsh posts but each to their own I suppose!

Maybe its me being very, very old fashioned &, these days, being pushed into a small minority of people who also have the "old fashioned" view that you get engaged, married then have kids. As soon as you say something to the contrary you get shot down!

As Ive said before anything seems to go now. Look at the consequences all over different parts of the country.

If I can just pick you up on one point about adding to her family. She has stated that she was nervous about telling her boyfriend that her pregnancy test was positive as they weren't planning a child!! So 2 kids by 2 mistakes?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I don't think your views are old fashioned at all, I have a daughter and would hope that this is the path she will take. I just don't feel that marriage defines what sort of parent you are. I accept your point about the pregnancy not being planned, When reading this thread last night I just felt that some posts were really quite cruel and were jumping to some huge conclusions about how her children will grow up and the woman herself. To me it was a good natured thread congratulating someone on good news which descended into children being called bastards and everything that went with it but as I said each to their own I suppose :)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 17
    Forum Member
    some people here are pathetic! she may not be married, but a couple don't need to be married to be great together and be stable enough to bring children into the world! this baby is going to born into a family that'll love it lots, and the parents not being married shouldn't even come into it! So what if she's young and has 2 babies by 2 differnet fathers, they can be loved and wanted just as much as any other children! this is society and some people need to get used to it!

Anyways,
    CONGRATULATIONS STACEY!! :)
  • Options
    Tulip19Tulip19 Posts: 3,076
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    misulica wrote: »
    WHAT???

The 19th century called, they want their lingo back :D
  • Options
    Tulip19Tulip19 Posts: 3,076
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Maybe its me being very, very old fashioned &, these days, being pushed into a small minority of people who also have the "old fashioned" view that you get engaged, married then have kids. As soon as you say something to the contrary you get shot down!

As Ive said before anything seems to go now. Look at the consequences all over different parts of the country.

If I can just pick you up on one point about adding to her family. She has stated that she was nervous about telling her boyfriend that her pregnancy test was positive as they weren't planning a child!! So 2 kids by 2 mistakes?

Maybe she doesn't believe in abortion.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 480
    Forum Member
    I guarantee that in the first few years of her having her baby Stacey won't be able to understand a word of what he/she says :D:D
  • Options
    Scottish_girlScottish_girl Posts: 5,786
    Forum Member
    D'you think that Iceland will take the moral high ground and cancel her contract?

Why should they? Iceland employed Kerry Katona, stood by her when she got divorced, did drugs, had 4 kids by two dads, not to mention all the bad press she was getting at the time.

They only got rid of her when the film of her snorting coke came to light.

Stacey is much more likeable and she actually has talent.
    They can't sack her because she is an unmarried mum. Not to mention that a lot of Icelands customers are probably unmarried.

In an ideal world you get married then have kids, but times have changed. She is in a long term relationship with her partner, it's not a one night stand. Yes she got pregnant young but she seems to have worked hard to support her son.

Since she is now with a new partner does that mean she shouldn't have another child because they will have different fathers? If her little boys father has another child with another woman will he be criticised? Probably not!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,184
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    LOL If Iceland do that they will be open to a huge lawsuit.

Does it really matter if shes married in the eyes of the law shes been living with this dude long enough to be considered common law.
  • Options
    The PrumeisterThe Prumeister Posts: 22,398
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She flogs frozen pork joints, what do you expect.

:D:D:D:D:D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ... She is in a long term relationship with her partner, it's not a one night stand.

Three years is NOT long term. If she carried on having a child every third year by a different man by the time she's 40 that's.... another 6 kids in addition to the 1 +1 she has already.... just saying...
    Geneve wrote: »
    LOL If Iceland do that they will be open to a huge lawsuit.

Does it really matter if shes married in the eyes of the law shes been living with this dude long enough to be considered common law.

Urban myth. No such status recognised by the UK legal system. Just because you have lived with someone for two years does not mean you have any rights... As discovered by countless people every year in the saddest of circumstances - and usually to the woman's detriment financially.

Of particular importance in this circumstance... there is no automatic inheritance of property or life insurance when your partner dies and there can be issues with who the child stays with if the mother dies... That's what you get for your Marriage Licence and/or making a Will. Stacey would be well advised to get legal advice if she is not going to marry this guy if she really wants to safeguard her £££ for her children should she die unexpectedly or early.

This is why gay couples fought so hard to have a legally-recognised status... ie Civil Partnership to get those rights...
  • Options
    Unigal07Unigal07 Posts: 22,326
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think the tasteless, inappropriate posts are rather nasty, and those discussing whether 3 years is long enough to have been together to have a child... General Discussion -->.

3 years is plenty of time. It's all down to what's right for you. If Stacey is happy, then that's all that matters. She can provide for her children and seems like a loving mother. If that really deserves such hatred from some holier-than-thou idiots on an internet forum, then I'm flummoxed.
  • Options
    PPWWPPWW Posts: 800
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Superbeast wrote: »
    Don't you realise? Being able to conceive is somehow a miracle, not something many people do every day, sometimes even by accident. Every child is a little miracle, not just another person to consume the limited resources on our overpopulated planet forcing prices to rise and standards to lower as the same amount must spread further for more people. So let's rejoice at yet another unwed mother plonking out yet another child that will end up with issues because of a lack of a strong father figure and competent mother. Let's party in the streets that yet another reason for Stacy Solomon to get tabloid headlines exists, further perpetuating the idea being brainless but with kids = TV career, worked for Young Mums Mansion, Cherry's Having A Baby and Teenage Mom, right? Hooray for yet another bastard child that will be exploited for profit by it's mother. I can't wait for the OK cover shoot. Let the countdown commence.

That's the spirit :p
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Unigal07 wrote: »
    I think the tasteless, inappropriate posts are rather nasty, and those discussing whether 3 years is long enough to have been together to have a child... General Discussion -->.

3 years is plenty of time. It's all down to what's right for you. If Stacey is happy, then that's all that matters. She can provide for her children and seems like a loving mother. If that really deserves such hatred from some holier-than-thou idiots on an internet forum, then I'm flummoxed.

Granted for a planned pregnancy but this was an admitted accident and apparently she didn't want to tell the boyfriend... so how secure IS this relationship :confused:

And no it's NOT the happiness of the mother that is the important point here is it... it's the happiness and welfare of the child brought into the world isn't it...

I hope it all works out for her long-term (and I mean more than three years... more like 16 or 18 years minimum to raise this child) .... but I am NOT going to congratulate someone for a second accidental pregnancy...
  • Options
    Alex482Alex482 Posts: 482
    Forum Member
    emjasa wrote: »
    So what if she's young and has 2 babies by 2 differnet fathers

It's attitudes like this that have caused the morals of this country to fall into the gutter these past few decades. Children should be brought into the world within a loving committed marriage, not by a boyfriend and girlfriend who happen to have an accident because the condom slipped off. Two accidents in four years with two different men? I find it shocking that people honestly think that's something to be congratulated.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Alex482 wrote: »
    ... I find it shocking that people honestly think that's something to be congratulated.

Well A, I think thee and me are in the minority here...
  • Options
    Alex482Alex482 Posts: 482
    Forum Member
    Well A, I think thee and me are in the minority here...

Yep, certainly looks that way. I find it slightly sad really, it seems like anything goes nowadays and moral standards no longer seem to matter. :(
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Alex482 wrote: »
    It's attitudes like this that have caused the morals of this country to fall into the gutter these past few decades. Children should be brought into the world within a loving committed marriage, not by a boyfriend and girlfriend who happen to have an accident because the condom slipped off. Two accidents in four years with two different men? I find it shocking that people honestly think that's something to be congratulated.
    Granted for a planned pregnancy but this was an admitted accident and apparently she didn't want to tell the boyfriend... so how secure IS this relationship

And no it's NOT the happiness of the mother that is the important point here is it... it's the happiness and welfare of the child brought into the world isn't it...

I hope it all works out for her long-term (and I mean more than three years... more like 16 or 18 years minimum to raise this child) .... but I am NOT going to congratulate someone for a second accidental pregnancy...

Well said you two. Exactly the points I made earlier in this thread :)
  • Options
    cjsmummycjsmummy Posts: 11,079
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    This thread is vile.