The Otter Appreciation Thread

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,471
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

I cannot make up my mind whether or not that is funny or disturbing.

Anyway otters trample all over seals.
  • Lewis26Lewis26 Posts: 1,435
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Never gave two shiny shites about otters but im a bit pissed and liked them videos so count me in!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 313
    Forum Member
    Never Nude wrote: »
    beavers can f*ck off :sleep:

Yes, there's nothing worse than a hungry beaver!

I do shoo them away but they do have a purpose in life.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 29,701
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes, there's nothing worse than a hungry beaver!

I do shoo them away but they do have a purpose in life.

To fight otters for the right to rule the world.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 313
    Forum Member
    maurice45 wrote: »
    To fight otters for the right to rule the world.

I thought eager beavers ruled the world?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,579
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

That actually looks like brian belo
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I fell in love with them when I saw them at Einburgh zoo this year. TBH I thought they would be 5 times the size than they were but they were very cute and we got a pic of one catching a fish and eating it.
  • christina83christina83 Posts: 11,115
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    They eat ducklings. So even though otters are cute I can't help but dislike them. I prefer ducks.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    They eat ducklings. So even though otters are cute I can't help but dislike them. I prefer ducks.

mighty ducks rule:cool: I heart Jushua Jackson. Nature is nature but Im surprised they would go for somthing as big as a duckling, although we may be thinking about different species of otter
  • spiney2spiney2 Posts: 27,058
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    why dont otters build dams like beavers ? because they cant work out how to play the instructional dvd .......
  • spiney2spiney2 Posts: 27,058
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    you might think a cute otter would be main character in wind in the willows. but no, its a rat .......
  • christina83christina83 Posts: 11,115
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    mighty ducks rule:cool: I heart Jushua Jackson. Nature is nature but Im surprised they would go for somthing as big as a duckling, although we may be thinking about different species of otter

Me and my dad go down the river fly fishing, and ye it happens. They let a lot of otters in the rivers near where I live and yeah they eat ducklings :( You'll see the baby ducks bobbing about then woosh out of nowhere an otter gets them :(

They also eat all the salmon my dads trying to catch, lol.
  • stoatiestoatie Posts: 78,106
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,138
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    spiney2 wrote: »
    you might think a cute otter would be main character in wind in the willows. but no, its a rat .......

actually, it's a vole, a water vole

the chapter where the otter principally features is the title of Pink Floyd's first album, the only good one
  • dee123dee123 Posts: 46,257
    Forum Member
    Never Nude wrote: »
    One day otters will take over the world. In your face Koalas :cool:

:eek: Like that South Park episode??? UH-OH!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,471
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Ducklings get in the way of their plans for world domination, so they must be eaten.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 9,667
    Forum Member
    We've got lots here. One followed a late night reveler back from the pub along the river - like a wee dog. The newspaper printed pictures.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,254
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Otters are my favourites :)
  • TheSilentFezTheSilentFez Posts: 11,103
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Methinks whales evolved from hoofed animals which were initially like otters.
    Perhaps in another 30 million years, the descendants of the otters may rule the seas.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 9,667
    Forum Member
    Methinks whales evolved from hoofed animals which were initially like otters.
    Perhaps in another 30 million years, the descendants of the otters may rule the seas.

My tortoise just said you are wrong, we all evolved from an early form of David Attenborough.

:eek:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,138
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    My tortoise just said you are wrong, we all evolved from an early form of David Attenborough.

:eek:

isn't "an early form of David Attenborough" just "David Attenborough"?
  • Enfant TerribleEnfant Terrible Posts: 4,391
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Maybelle wrote: »
    My favourite animal video ever - near the end is just too cute for words:):)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=epUk3T2Kfno

Awwwww - that is the awwwest thing I have EVER seen, look at those happy faces!

As for the London Zoo otters in the earlier link: they truly are born performers. Last time I was there they were constantly pushing each other over and then looking the other way a la "Wasn't me guv, honest". They also did their meerkat dance.

Otters rule. I want one for Xmas.
  • kiviraatkiviraat Posts: 4,634
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Is that you Arthur Shappey?? :D Can you imagine 100 otters? I know where I'd put 100 otters on a small aircraft... (okay just ignore me and my otter love)
  • Harper_MilneHarper_Milne Posts: 2,854
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I used to looooove otters when I was younger. I adopted one in a zoo and wrote a letter asking if I can be its best friend :D
  • phylo_roadkingphylo_roadking Posts: 21,339
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I love seals

So do I - you can go clubbing with them!

:p