Will any of the X Factor Contestants still be around in the next 10Yrs

jude007jude007 Posts: 2,227
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Up till last year's winner Sam Bailey. who will still be around and having sucess!

I think One Direction have a couple of years left, but once a couple of the boys want to go solo!! The same with Little Mix!

Out of all the former contestants, I think perhaps Ollie Murs might last the longest.

Comments

• JigglyBallJigglyBall Posts: 1,484
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    One Direction and Little Mix seem to be doing quite well, but they're typical pop groups who have a use by date - there is never an exception to this rule. I can't see any of them being around in 10 years. We may see a One Direction reunion maybe?
  • bornfreebornfree Posts: 16,360
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Leona Lewis won in 2006 and is still going.
  • Pingu222Pingu222 Posts: 445
    Forum Member
    In 10 years I wouldn't be too shocked if One Direction had split, a couple had relatively successful solo careers, the others stayed slightly in the spotlight via the usual kind of TV shows Celeb Juice etc and they had already reunited by then for a tour and new album. Possibly a member down for the first reunion.
  • jude007jude007 Posts: 2,227
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    bornfree wrote: »
    Leona Lewis won in 2006 and is still going.

She might be still going, then so is Matt Cardle, Alexander Burke, Joe McEldery and a few of the others. They just haven't had much on going chart success!!

Whether any of them will be around in the next 10 years and still having a good chart success and selling out large venues remains to be seen.
  • bornfreebornfree Posts: 16,360
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    jude007 wrote: »
    She might be still going, then so is Matt Cardle, Alexander Burke, Joe McEldery and a few of the others. They just haven't had much on going chart success!!

Whether any of them will be around in the next 10 years and still having a good chart success and selling out large venues remains to be seen.

I suppose so. :)
  • spaceoddityspaceoddity Posts: 4,814
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well Leona's only two and a half years away from 10 years since she won. I think that itself will be a huge achievement.
  • WhyHelloWorldWhyHelloWorld Posts: 15,494
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Having a top 3 single 7 years after winning and an album selling over 100 000 copies 7 years on is quite I impressive when you look at the stars that have come and gone since then.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 457
    Forum Member
    Having a top 3 single 7 years after winning and an album selling over 100 000 copies 7 years on is quite I impressive when you look at the stars that have come and gone since then.

in 3 weeks ;-)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,977
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Wagner will be banging his bongos all the way to Christmas number 1 in the album charts this year mark my words fools.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Wagner will be banging his bongos all the way to Christmas number 1 in the album charts this year mark my words fools.

Looking forward to it.

Alright let's move away from chart success. Will any of the x factor lot be filling any large arenas or even any tours.

I know Little mix are touring and are filling out some good size arenas, the same goes for one direction.
  • superstar111superstar111 Posts: 18,479
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Diana springs to mind! Maybe not selling millions but five years on and shes still busy.
  • Dave0893Dave0893 Posts: 13,659
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Leona had a top 3 hit at the very end of last year, with One More Sleep, which meant she has the most top 5 hit singles by a British female solo artist, so has had chart success.

Plus her album had a three week slot to sell and she sold over 100,000 copies, so not bad for an X Factor contestant 7 years after they were on the show.
  • Patti-AnnPatti-Ann Posts: 22,747
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Rhydian's new album is out this week, and he was on XF seven years ago :)

I'll be buying the album later this week ;-)

Retweeted by Rhydian Roberts
    Dannii Minogue ‏@DanniiMinogue 8h
    #TeamMinogue Class of 2007 @RhydianMusic #onedaylikethis out now. Who's listened? Fave tracks? http://amzn.to/1fJLXEf pic.twitter.com/RPUD4aldKk
  • Carly_ThompsonCarly_Thompson Posts: 2,345
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Leona I think will definitely, I think Leona is going to have a long career now. She might never reach the level of success she once had, but her reputation for having an amazing voice means she's regularly booked for private gigs etc. Although commercially things are looking up for her since her Christmas album.

Olly Murs seems to be doing quite well too and has had consistent success, so I could see him sticking around.
  • TheBlueOneTheBlueOne Posts: 2,177
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ironically, for all the criticism for being 'just an album artist', it'll be those acts who are around the longest. (e.g. Rhydian)

I think Harry Styles will be around in 10 years, Louis/Liam will slink off into song-writing and make a mint, and I think Niall has a chance of a solo career as he is ridiculously popular. Olly Murs will still be around. Little Mix will be reuniting. And acts like Leona, Matt Cardle, Rhydian, Sam Bailey will still have occasional albums out.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    TheBlueOne wrote: »
    Ironically, for all the criticism for being 'just an album artist', it'll be those acts who are around the longest. (e.g. Rhydian)

I think Harry Styles will be around in 10 years, Louis/Liam will slink off into song-writing and make a mint, and I think Niall has a chance of a solo career as he is ridiculously popular. Olly Murs will still be around. Little Mix will be reuniting. And acts like Leona, Matt Cardle, Rhydian, Sam Bailey will still have occasional albums out.

So most of think that the majority will still be around releasing the occasional album and playing smaller gigs mostly UK based.

So none are likely to reach massive Globel sucess.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 767
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    James Arthur and Tamera Foster!

Should get a response methinks!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Rangermick wrote: »

Well James Arthur might, but for all the wrong reasons:D

I think that if you wanted to be seen as a moody edgy musician, then perhaps the X factor wasn't the way to go.
  • Patti-AnnPatti-Ann Posts: 22,747
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Rangermick wrote: »

Steve B still spouts off on twitter so no reason James won't :D
  • River_TamRiver_Tam Posts: 10,080
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Jedward will be.
    :)
  • jonloch1jonloch1 Posts: 3,254
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    OLLY MURS definitely will.

Leona will get to 10 years as its only 2 more years and Glassheart didn't completely flop

Only other act that could possibly do it if they keep making simon millions is 1D. You could say they could hate each other by then but they probably do already lol
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    OLLY MURS definitely will.

Leona will get to 10 years as its only 2 more years and Glassheart didn't completely flop

Only other act that could possibly do it if they keep making simon millions is 1D. You could say they could hate each other by then but they probably do already lol[/QUOTE

Will depend how long Olly can keep playing the Cheekie chappie!! So he does have a few more years left, but then I suppose Robbie has managed it ok.

Leona will also probably last, but in no way will she ever be able to have the success that she had when she first won the X Factor.

I can see 1D splitting towards the end of this year. Some of the boys are really about the music and I can them wanting to get more involved and I don't really think they can do that with Syco.
  • WhyHelloWorldWhyHelloWorld Posts: 15,494
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think Cher Lloyd will.

She has a devoted fanbase in the US - their quite mad about her.

They will probably stay with her for years. She's at the peak of her career now too. She did an arena tour with Demi Lovato. Although, she may not be selling loads in 10 years.
  • LancashireLass2LancashireLass2 Posts: 852
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Joe McElderry. He's been working constantly for 5 years and is writing/recording album 5. He's also in the middle of a 60 date tour at the moment where he's wowing audiences and impressing a lot of well respected people in the wider music industry. :)
  • ariella52ariella52 Posts: 7,519
    Forum Member
    Very few people sustain massive pop success, but I do think that some people have developed the foundations of strong careers after their X Factor launch. When you watch Master Chef, they tell you about the careers that successful contestants have developed after the show. They don't expect them all to become Jamie Oliver, but they do show that they have improved their careers in food. I wish the X Factor followed up,contestants in the same way. There is so much more to the music industry than being #1 in the US.

I think that Joe has dealt with his career in a very positive manner and will probably still be actively performing in 10 years. From what I have seen of his tour footage, he is an impressive live singer and has an excellent rapport with an audience. Quite what form his career will take, I can't say. But I would expect him to make a good living for the foreseeable future.

Rhydian has also taken a very positive and level headed approach. He is also a very good singer and has, I think, an engaging manner. I would also expect him to continue to be successful in some form in the entertainment industry.

Olly Murs isn't to my taste as a singer, but he has worked hard and made the best of himself. I would also expect him to still be active in some capacity.

I'm too big a fan to be totally objective about Leona. :blush: But she is I think a genuinely talented singer who has evolved since the X Factor and who seems level headed despite her huge original success. She also has a lot of musical knowledge and depth. Like Joe and Rhydian I think that she will always be able to make a living from music.

I'm sure there are others.