Options

Clubland TV

bananaman_007bananaman_007 Posts: 8,707
Forum Member
Just noticed this has turned up today on sky channel 378, the videos so far have suited the channel well, no RnB (yet) just tracks that you would expect to see on Clubland albums. I have noticed they have a couple of videos that have not had a Uk release as far as i am aware, lets hope they can get some more European stuff on the channel.

Got to say i am liking the graphics. This could be a worthy alternative to MTV Dance.

Playing N Trance - Set You Free at the mo class :D lol but they call it N by Trance lol shame they don't mention what version it is as it is not the original radio edit.

And another European dance tune that i have not seen on any other music channel (and this one is good, had it on my mp3 for a few months), mmm this is getting mighty interesting.

I wonder who is running the channel? Is it the first new addition to the Emap/CH4 line up as they don't have a dance channel.

Comments

• Options
    east_boy_16east_boy_16 Posts: 3,981
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sound is shit though. It's run by the people behind Fizz & Channel U i'm told.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Sounds not that bad, oh dear if it is run by the Fizz people expect crap to be all over the screen within days. It looks to professional to be by them, they are the last people i would have expected.
  • Options
    east_boy_16east_boy_16 Posts: 3,981
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well, it's jointly run. The company who own the clubland brand UMTV own 50% of it.
    I would've thought that Emap or even CSC Media would be running this but it is not the case.

The sound probably isn't poor on the tv set but coming through the hi-fi its rubbish, same quality as Fizz IMO.

The channel does show it's fair share of urban though or at least it did during tests. Song gfx are good but they only appear for the start of the video. Strange.
  • Options
    SystemSystem Posts: 2,096,970
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just noticed this has turned up today on sky channel 378, the videos so far have suited the channel well, no RnB (yet) just tracks that you would expect to see on Clubland albums. I have noticed they have a couple of videos that have not had a Uk release as far as i am aware, lets hope they can get some more European stuff on the channel.

Got to say i am liking the graphics. This could be a worthy alternative to MTV Dance.

Playing N Trance - Set You Free at the mo class :D lol but they call it N by Trance lol shame they don't mention what version it is as it is not the original radio edit.

And another European dance tune that i have not seen on any other music channel (and this one is good, had it on my mp3 for a few months), mmm this is getting mighty interesting.

I wonder who is running the channel? Is it the first new addition to the Emap/CH4 line up as they don't have a dance channel.

It was the Rob Searl radio edit, I just happened to catch the end of it, It looks a bit cheesy for my liking
  • Options
    linkinpark875linkinpark875 Posts: 29,703
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    During the tests I seen a Fizz style frame so perhaps this is still to come. The interactive side of the channel being tested has not yet been added.

The picture and sound is poor compared to Flaunt and MTV Dance but it's still a nice alternative. They need to stick to the dance music and avoid the R&B.

Has it launched on cable yet?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Yeah sadly they started to play Urban and RnB :(

Oh well only 27 hours till Trance Tuesday
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The situation looks similar to the way NME TV was launched. Clubland must have wanted on Sky so they choose Fizz to start the channel. Shame they never choose Chart Show TV or EMAP.
  • Options
    david04121980david04121980 Posts: 2,593
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah sadly they started to play Urban and RnB :(

Oh well only 27 hours till Trance Tuesday

yeah they was playing r&b and urban during the tests

but i just saw a song by cascada.....last xmas.....well its not is it??? lol
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,386
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    discovered this channel yesterday evening, the first 2 tracks were Sean Kingston and Leona Lewis.

Not what i'd call Clubland Classix (the programme that was on) in any way, more like what gets played on every other channel bar MTV2, Kerrang and NME TV

I'm getting really annoyed with B4 as well, every time i've tuned in this year its been old songs!
  • Options
    Jennifer JayneJennifer Jayne Posts: 9,022
    Forum Member
    only just noticed this channel, doesnt seem too bad

graphics are quite smart and neat.
    heard 5 songs so far only 1 has been a rnb type song and that was rhianna drive
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 718
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Just tuned in now for the first time, and there's no sound.

The first track I saw (but didn't hear) was T2-Heartbroken which I can't stand.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,842
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    DPM9876 wrote: »

It's completely broken now. Black screen... :cry:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    DPM9876 wrote: »

now no pic too...that didnt last long
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    now no pic too...that didnt last long

it has just come back with pic and sound

they started off the beenie man but cut that off half way through and playing vids again

now its n trance and set u free
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's actually better since it broke!!
    Two rare and quality tunes back to back:

Apollo - Dance
    Groove Coverage - Poison

This is more like it Clubland. Keep it like this... :cool:

EDIT:
    ...and now Shake Your Shimmy! :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The playlist varies, for 30 minutes at a time it's solid R&B then it will switch to proper dance music for 30 minutes at a time. During the day it's all commercial stuff like Cascada but seen some good stuff in Classix.

If they must play R&B they would be better scheduling it like Flaunt do "Beats" then you know you can tune into other stations while they play it.

Still not seen the request system working It may take a few days before we see what the channel will be like. No adverts on the channel yet either.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    According to the AATW forums, they launched earlier than expected so some tracks are in the wrong catergories at the moment - but they're working on it... :)

(Taken from http://www.forum.aatwc.com/showthread.php?t=18957)
    Oh yes Clubland TV is indeed live

A little sooner than ideally we would have liked so please give it a little while before you judge - we have a few teething issues and there are certain tracks that may be in the wrong zones for a short period

But hopefully when running at 100% it should provide a chunk of music and programming that you won't see on any of the (many) other music channels

Any ideas from the forum will be looked at of course and whilst there may be vids on there that oerhaps don't please everyone, no channel is 100% one person's taste but we will try to reflect all the biggest tunes - past, prsent and future - in Clubland

We'll be doing a bit of filming as well so that will make interesting programming... we have even bought lights, cameras and a studio!

Get your bids in now for when it all goes tits up:-)

Cheers

Matt
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sat.Deelay wrote: »
    According to the AATW forums, they launched earlier than expected so some tracks are in the wrong catergories at the moment - but they're working on it... :)

(Taken from http://www.forum.aatwc.com/showthread.php?t=18957)

Looks like it could be a good channel. :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's all gone a bit strange again. Keeps playing the same five or six tracks back to back... Makes sense now, the show's not called 'Classix', it's 'Class Six' :D

Sorry, just messing... I know that building playlists etc doesn't always go to plan at first. Once all the kinks are ironed out, this could shape up to be a decent channel.
  • Options
    djonshoredjonshore Posts: 4,759
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I saw Clubland TV earlier this evening and I thought it was good. I saw the Ultra Beat Mega Mix earlier too.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,242
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    More info from Matt from All Around The World (posted on aatwc - The thread is called "Something new is ...." strangely and it's in the Dance Music Discussion forum.

Thanks for initial comments - hopefully we should be starting to get closer to the correct programming over the next 24 hours

Tomorrow (fingers crossed) there will be a voting system up and running

In the next week or two there should be more programming introduced and we have a few exciting ideas for this (and, of course, we welcome suggestions)

There will be a certain amount of R&B and pop/ dance tracks... that we feel fit into the Clubland genre but the main thrust will be commercial dance music.

New sections will also appear over the next couple of weeks that I hope everyone likes; they will be looking to represent sides of commercial dance which don't have any current outlet

Advertising will hopefully start soon - although as a new channel you have to get some semblance of viewing figures for this to come into any meaningful effect

Appreciate all comments - even some on Clubland.fm's forum which have written it off after 24 hours - nice to be given a chance :)

It's a long-term project that will develop over the coming months and hopefully provide an alternative to the current crop of music channels

Thanks guys

Matt

For technical reasons the channel had to be up and running in a very short space of time. Hence the random tracks being played on Monday which weren't necessarily what Clubland TV's all about.

And to clear up any confusion Clubland TV has been set up by All Around The World so they're the ones that will be organizing the content etc.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,242
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Incidentally, it's AATW who own the Clubland brand. Theyre the same people who have organized the Clubland Live events (which look like they're going to be amazing!)

They release the Clubland albums in conjunction with UMTV, which is how they're connected.

I don't know when they sleep!! :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    suzzle wrote: »
    And to clear up any confusion Clubland TV has been set up by All Around The World so they're the ones that will be organizing the content etc.

Cool. Looks like there's been a lot of work done digging out the rare videos, judging by last night and this morning. Some tracks on there that I didn't even know had videos!

At the moment the channels playing with no graphics. Guess it's been like that since the crash last night? Should please those people that hate logos/DOG's... ;)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,118
    Forum Member
    pmsl, just turned it on

special d - come with me
    tiffany gayle - do you wanna dance
    interactive - forever young
    breeze & styles - heartbeat
    milk inc - sunrise

:D

would actually like the channel to keep up with this stuff all day :)
  • Options
    YorkshireTeaYorkshireTea Posts: 1,936
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I hope it starts to play European dance music unlike MTV Dance and Flaunt.

The kind of stuff VIVA Germany,Hungary & Polska plays.

Hopefully for Trance it will not focus only the Pre 2001 UK releases only what MTV Dance and Flaunt also does.

They should add stuff whats on there CDs like Hadaway - What is love reloaded 2003. And Pakito songs that all have videos like Moving on Stereo, Are You Ready and Living on Video. What have all been on Viacom channels in Europe.