Doctor Who Series 1/31/ 5/Fnarg - Repeats Every Friday, 7:00PM, BBC3

1234568»

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,820
    Forum Member
    Muttley76 wrote: »
    exactly, and actually from what was said in the episode, they were.....

Oh. *Angel shamed*:o
    Head a bit more round it now then, ta. I still *preferred* them when they were displacing people in time though:p
  • Muttley76Muttley76 Posts: 97,888
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oh *angel shamed*:o
    Head a bit more round it now then. I still *preferred* them when they were displacing people in time though:p

I'm not a huge fan of blink myself, though the angels in blink were undoubtedly an ingenious concept, I like them a lot more now we know a bit more of what they are about....

I loved that, through Angel Bob, we got a bit of insight in to their through processes. Very ruthless and stone hearted creatures, probably appropriately.
    Forum Member
    I'm not a huge fan of blink myself, though the angels in blink were undoubtedly an ingenious concept, I like them a lot more now we know a bit more of what they are about....

I loved that, through Angel Bob, we got a bit of insight in to their through processes. Very ruthless and stone hearted creatures, probably appropriately.

It WAS an ingenious concept though! Any old baddie can throttle your windpipe but the thought of a creeping statue that steals the life you *should* have lived. That was a huge wow for me. I was just a bit disappointed that they were so different but then I fear change, it discombobulates me no end.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It WAS an ingenious concept though! Any old baddie can throttle your windpipe but the thought of a creeping statue that steals the life you *should* have lived. That was a huge wow for me. I was just a bit disappointed that they were so different but then I fear change, it discombobulates me no end.

i found that element a bit silly, tbh, it was more the concept of the design i liked in blink...the way something so common place and normal was made sinister. The actual "deaths" in Blink were a bit daft tbh.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 566
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    i found that element a bit silly, tbh, it was more the concept of the design i liked in blink...the way something so common place and normal was made sinister. The actual "deaths" in Blink were a bit daft tbh.

Firstly Rossy - bravo for using "discombobulates" in a post!

I love the idea of being displaced in time, having to make your way in a place/time you don't belong is a very interesting concept and quite a threat - taking you from all you know and love, free to be free wherever you wind up but with no hope of seeing your loved ones again. And if you tell anyone how much you miss them, you're likely to end up in some form of asylum! And I also agree with Muttley that something you walk past fairly frequently are so insanely scary (I know of at least one "grown up" who watched from behind a cushion!) They were still scary in F&A, in a different way - and the same "grown up" was shouting at Amy to walk faster from the Angels!
    Forum Member
    KHC22 wrote: »
    Firstly Rossy - bravo for using "discombobulates" in a post!

Aww thanks *looks all proud of self*:D

I'm no series 5 basher, I hugely enjoyed it on the whole but I really did find the Angels concept from Blink scarier and more impressive and that kind of spoiled these *new* Angels for me.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 566
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Aww thanks *looks all proud of self*:D

I'm no series 5 basher, I hugely enjoyed it on the whole but I really did find the Angels concept from Blink scarier and more impressive and that kind of spoiled these *new* Angels for me.

Never suspected any series 5 bashing! I have episodes from previous series that I rate above some episodes from the current one, and I think bringing back an enemy can dilute the fear factor (for instance, IMO, the Daleks who I am kinda bored of now - can I borrow your unpopularity coat please?!?)
  • Granny McSmithGranny McSmith Posts: 19,622
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    CD93 wrote: »
    How do you know that the Angels from Blink were not the ones acting "differently" :p

Didn't the Doctor in Blink explain their method of operation? So I assumed he knew what he was talking about.

That may be your opinion, its not mine.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Didn't the Doctor in Blink explain their method of operation? So I assumed he knew what he was talking about.

based on the notes Sally left for him.

That may be your opinion, its not mine.

i don't think i claimed it was? :confused:
    Forum Member
    KHC22 wrote: »
    the Daleks who I am kinda bored of now - can I borrow your unpopularity coat please?!?)

Am happy to share it:D

The Daleks have been over-used a bit, it lessens their impact. They should be the biggest of big bads and saved for special occasions.

I'd love to know if Davros made it out alive (again) though. Maybe in a couple of years, when we're least expecting it....
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'd love to know if Davros made it out alive (again) though. .

of course he did.....:D
    Forum Member
    of course he did.....:D

Hoorah!

He's pretty damn indestructible for a decimated bloke in a wheelchair:eek:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He's pretty damn indestructible for a decimated bloke in a wheelchair:eek:

bones are probably made of Sheffield steel...;)
  • CD93CD93 Posts: 13,939
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I don't know why some (if not many) were annoyed at how the Daleks just left in Victory of the Daleks...

I'd rather they went off and (properly) rebuild their empire and take part in some drawn out, subtle storyline instead of popping in for two episodes and being wiped out again.... until they pop back in for another two episodes.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't know why some (if not many) were annoyed at how the Daleks just left in Victory of the Daleks...

I'd rather they went off and (properly) rebuild their empire and take part in some drawn out, subtle storyline instead of popping in for two episodes and being wiped out again.... until they pop back in for another two episodes.

I thought it was a neat twist, that they won by running away. I liked it because so many people before the episode were like "as if the daleks are gonna win" :D
    Forum Member

Definitely. It would seem genocide really ain't what it used to be...
  • davrosdodebirddavrosdodebird Posts: 8,692
    Forum Member
    Please don't forget to discuss repeats here!
  • StrictlyRedStrictlyRed Posts: 12,451
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    :eek:

Oh no, I forgot all about the repeat today:o:(
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Vincent and the Doctor is without doubt the single most beautiful story is the shows history. Absolutely stunning.
  • StrictlyRedStrictlyRed Posts: 12,451
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Caught the 2nd half, couldn't agree more:)
  • daveyboy7472daveyboy7472 Posts: 16,416
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Vincent and the Doctor is without doubt the single most beautiful story is the shows history. Absolutely stunning.

Didn't watch the repeat tonight, waiting for the DVD boxset, but this is the one episode I look forward to watching again as I really didn't see what the fuss was about first time round and why everyone was crying their eyes out!!!!

:)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 145
    Forum Member
    Awesomeness. Only a few days till the reappearance of the Fez . . .
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 614
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Eating humble pie at the moment after watching the Lodger which turned out to be good fun.