Amy Winehouse found dead (Merged)

Comments

• crystal_methcrystal_meth Posts: 8,379
    Forum Member
    i apologize to you for mentioning your name in my post, and i did it because i DID look at your previous posts, and as we were the only two to have made any comment, and i also have never made any such comments he mentioned, then i was amazed to see it:confused:

i would be grateful to the mods that if they are looking at this post it is left until someone clears it up

I'm not really sure what billyloadsamate wanted me to say? I said the people who slated Amy seem to be defending Mitch (plural) which was probably wrong of me. He then said that him and Lexi22 had criticised Amy but defended Mitch but then asked me to apologise for using the plural. I don't understand. That doesn't make sense....?
    Forum Member
    i apologize to you for mentioning your name in my post, and i did it because i DID look at your previous posts, and as we were the only two to have made any comment, and i also have never made any such comments he mentioned, then i was amazed to see it:confused:

i would be grateful to the mods that if they are looking at this post it is left until someone clears it up

I'm not really sure what billyloadsamate wanted me to say? I said the people who slated Amy seem to be defending Mitch (plural) which was probably wrong of me. He then said that him and Lexi22 had criticised Amy but defended Mitch but then asked me to apologise for using the plural. I don't understand. That doesn't make sense....? Or does it? I'm confuuuuuuused now.:confused:
    Forum Member
    Really the only people who deserve to know the truth about Amy Winehouse's death are her family and any friends they consider close enough to tell (I actually include her ex-husband in this, as I think they stayed in love despite being divorced)

So maybe it doesn't matter what her father tells the media, as we have no right to know anything really - it's not as if his 'deception' makes one iota of difference to our lives.

Armchair psychology always worries me. Nobody from the outside looking in can diagnose why she may have had the problems she had.

I feel it does make a difference what Mitch tells the media as personally I prefer the truth -or- someone to say 'we want to keep it private' than a lie. And more so, because I predict this statement is going to backfire when so many people who want to make a fast buck are going to say 'I saw Amy drunk on Friday blah blah blah' and god forbid worse things and / or have the mobile phone photos to go with it. That way, instead of people understanding she had problems and substance use issues, it's going to turn the whole thing into an ongoing media discussion which isn't very nice for her even though she's not here to see it. Plus if I can personally pick up on this glaring inconsistency, the news reporters are going to as well.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,362
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm not really sure what billyloadsamate wanted me to say? I said the people who slated Amy seem to be defending Mitch (plural) which was probably wrong of me. He then said that him and Lexi22 had criticised Amy but defended Mitch but then asked me to apologise for using the plural. I don't understand. That doesn't make sense....? Or does it? I'm confuuuuuuused now.:confused:

oh my god, i am making more comebacks than Frank Sintra,
    now please point out where i said the bit i have highlighted above.

i SAID YOU inferred that we had made those statements, which was totally untrue,
  • RetrospectiveRetrospective Posts: 3,133
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I was reading online that the guy who shot all these people in Oslo was on drugs. From the way people go on about her drug taking you would think she was the only one in the world who had. My daughter said to me yesterday would I feel so sorry if this was a young person here in our city as we do have a fair bit of problems with drug taking. I get her point. No one though likes to see anyone taking drugs and ending up it killing them as everyone is someone daughter or someone's son.
    I was over on youtube again and found this by Amy. Haven't heard her sing this one before. One of my favourite songs. I love when Amy sings jazz. I know this should probably be posted over on the music forum but I felt like posting this here tonight. In memory of Amy.xx
    "Someone to watch over me." There are some lovely pictures of her that I haven't seen before.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gLqsIIrk5wQ&feature=related
    Forum Member
    DinkyDee wrote: »
    Yeah I dont understand that...:confused: around 3 years ago Amy was in the same clinic as a couple of people I know. Her entourage took over the place and she told the other patients she was only there to look good for her public image and keep the record company happy. The other patients were annoyed at her prescene as they felt she had no intention of getting clean and had things smuggled in. I understood what they said as her bodyguards were taking her drugs in but perharps they meant alcohol. either way she left there no better than when she came in. Im sure that was about three years ago, so unless she made some speedy recovery soon afterwards...I dont get it.

Well these are exactly the sort of reports that people will now rush to the papers to make as a result of claiming she was miraculously clean.... or seemingly that is what he is trying to say. Better to have said nothing surely?
  • teresagreenteresagreen Posts: 16,444
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Thank you. I have to say that as a person who was trapped in lifelong addiction and comes from mother who is severely schizophrenic and a father who is literally a psychopath, I have had much cause to try and understand life and how things work and I don't follow any diktat or philosophy I read up everything anyone writes and consider it. I've been through every shite therapy and every not so helpful therapy to decent therapy. I've been in psychiatry, psychology, psychoanalysis, drug treatment, alcohol treatment, AA, NA. Some I personally despise, some are interesting philosophies but not holistic. I'm not translating my personal past onto Amy but there are similarities. Also she lived literally just down the road from me, I feel this is a tragic untimely demise as I was actively fighting Camden's drug and alcohol culture and would have liked to reach out to her.

Are you alright now? It was really nice of you to say all this as you didn't have to, and so you must know much better than most people what you are talking about. Good luck.
  • GiraffeGirlGiraffeGirl Posts: 13,619
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I feel it does make a difference what Mitch tells the media as personally I prefer the truth -or- someone to say 'we want to keep it private' than a lie. And more so, because I predict this statement is going to backfire when so many people who want to make a fast buck are going to say 'I saw Amy drunk on Friday blah blah blah' and god forbid worse things and / or have the mobile phone photos to go with it. That way, instead of people understanding she had problems and substance use issues, it's going to turn the whole thing into an ongoing media discussion which isn't very nice for her even though she's not here to see it. Plus if I can personally pick up on this glaring inconsistency, the news reporters are going to as well.

I can kind of see what you mean, but it really is nothing to do with us. Whatever issues he may have, he has just lost his daughter.
  • sallsall Posts: 884
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Well these are exactly the sort of reports that people will now rush to the papers to make as a result of claiming she was miraculously clean.... or seemingly that is what he is trying to say. Better to have said nothing surely?

Agree, better to have said nothing. Really enjoy reading your posts by the way!:)
    Forum Member
    oh my god, i am making more comebacks than Frank Sintra,
    now please point out where i said the bit i have highlighted above.

i SAID YOU inferred that we had made those statements, which was totally untrue,

Heh well I am glad you have come back! I have noooooo idea where you think I brought you into this as I was kinda bearing Lexi22 in mind when I said the same people who had slated Amy were now defending Mitch. Which shouldn't have so much been plural as singular. Then she said that wasn't her stance so I apologised to her. Then you said you and Lexi22 were the only ones who had done that but then wanted an apology so I got confused. Mainly cos I hadn't meant you in anything I wrote.... sorry..... hadn't partic noticed your most recent posts prior to that.

ANYWAY I would like to sincerely apologise for anything I wrote which was incorrect or misinterpreting what other people posted. The only person I should be speaking for is ME, myself and I. From now on if I don't like much what someone says, I will quote their post and make it more specific and clear.
    Forum Member
    Are you alright now? It was really nice of you to say all this as you didn't have to, and so you must know much better than most people what you are talking about. Good luck.

Well I wouldn't say fully 100% but have stopped tryna kill meself directly and indirectly! Thanks :)
  • InspirationInspiration Posts: 62,694
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Plus if I can personally pick up on this glaring inconsistency, the news reporters are going to as well.

Don't you think if someone had seen her out on Friday night they'd have rang the papers by now? The Sunday Tabloids would have been all over a story like that like a rash. 'The People' had that story about her buying every class A drug on the market but I doubt that story is worth the paper it was written on.

Are you going to tell me where her security guard claimed she was drunk? Or respond to the bit about her speaking to him at 10am? And like I said in my last reply, what about the doctor who visited her flat and examined her on Friday night?

The initial reports didn't sound good but the tabloids did a very very quick u-turn on Sunday night when more details were released by the police. Reminded me of how they suddenly back tracked when Stephen Gately's cause of death was discovered.
    Forum Member
    I can kind of see what you mean, but it really is nothing to do with us. Whatever issues he may have, he has just lost his daughter.

I agree that if it is possible to do so, and if it complies with privacy of information, the family should be able to keep the matter to themselves. Unfortunately, Amy was much focussed upon, espcially of late due to being booed off stage, and the public and journalists aren't going to leave it alone. Agreed, despite 'issues' he is a grieving father. At least they can't keep pulling her body apart now she is cremated.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,362
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Heh well I am glad you have come back! I have noooooo idea where you think I brought you into this as I was kinda bearing Lexi22 in mind when I said the same people who had slated Amy were now defending Mitch. Which shouldn't have so much been plural as singular. Then she said that wasn't her stance so I apologised to her. Then you said you and Lexi22 were the only ones who had done that but then wanted an apology so I got confused. Mainly cos I hadn't meant you in anything I wrote.... sorry..... hadn't partic noticed your most recent posts prior to that.

ANYWAY I would like to sincerely apologise for anything I wrote which was incorrect or misinterpreting what other people posted. The only person I should be speaking for is ME, myself and I. From now on if I don't like much what someone says, I will quote their post and make it more specific and clear.

i am deffo going lol

just one parting shot as someone mentioned earlier but ignored, her Dad said conquered her drug dependency,

pretty sure he did not mean quit taking drugs, BUT i am not in his head and god forbid never have to suffer what her family have had to.
    Pretty sure the papers will now start printing "MITCH WINEHOUSE SAYS AMY NOT DONE DRUGS FOR 3 YEARS"
    he did not say that.
  • Mrs BBVMrs BBV Posts: 3,003
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I agree that if it is possible to do so, and if it complies with privacy of information, the family should be able to keep the matter to themselves. Unfortunately, Amy was much focussed upon, espcially of late due to being booed off stage, and the public and journalists aren't going to leave it alone. Agreed, despite 'issues' he is a grieving father. At least they can't keep pulling her body apart now she is cremated.

Hi.....been reading a lot of your posts with interest over the last couple of days. What do you think to the theory that Amy had BPD and not Bipolar Disorder? :)
    Forum Member
    Don't you think if someone had seen her out on Friday night they'd have rang the papers by now? The Sunday Tabloids would have been all over a story like that like a rash. 'The People' had that story about her buying every class A drug on the market but I doubt that story is worth the paper it was written on.

Are you going to tell me where her security guard claimed she was drunk? Or respond to the bit about her speaking to him at 10am? And like I said in my last reply, what about the doctor who visited her flat and examined her on Friday night?

The initial reports didn't sound good but the tabloids did a very very quick u-turn on Sunday night when more details were released by the police. Reminded me of how they suddenly back tracked when Stephen Gately's cause of death was discovered.

I found out Amy had died on early Saturday evening. From that point, I read the news online - I always read the Evening Standard (thisislondon.co.uk) and the Daily Heil (dailymail.co.uk) and the BBC news sites, plus the headlines here. By late Saturday evening the Sunday versions of the newspapers were published online and I read the various reports on their online editions. Bearing in mind Amy's house is down the road from where I live I was very interested.

On the 'breaking news' stories there were photos of Amy's body being brought out of her home. The papers were quoting one of our local Police Officers, who was asking people to stay open minded about the cause of death. They said her Security Guard had called the ambulance at 4pm after finding her dead in her bedroom when he went to check on her - the security guard was reported as saying Amy had come home drunk and told him she was going to 'sleep it off'. It was reported in those breaking reports that her mum stated she had last seen her on Friday afternoon / evening at which point she was 'out of it' and so they couldn't converse. That according to friends who were with her on Friday night they had later gone into Camden buying ketamine, coke, and ecstacy. One of the friends had stated 'she took a bad pill' with alcohol but that there had been NO drugs or drug paraphernalia found in her home. Then in the later reports, the 'friends' were disappeared but the reports of what the Security Guard said stayed the same and so did what her mother said.

I even got into disputes on the ES website on Sunday morning with people who were calling her a useless junkie and was contacted by a journalist who asked me for permission to publish the points I had made in response to Russell Brand's statement, which was published online on Sunday.

***OK to quote the news just on BBC a minute ago the exact words were "she was doing better confronting her problems and Mitch stated even her drinking was coming into control".***
  • teresagreenteresagreen Posts: 16,444
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Well I wouldn't say fully 100% but have stopped tryna kill meself directly and indirectly! Thanks :)

It's nice to hear of a success, even if it's not yet 100%. It must have been hard but it shows it can be done - if you want it badly enough, and that's the trouble I think with lot of people. Some come straight out of rehab, straight back onto whatever it was that made them bad, because they are not doing it for the right reasons, or because of pressure, but admittedly, I know nowt about it really.
    Forum Member
    Mrs BBV wrote: »
    Hi.....been reading a lot of your posts with interest over the last couple of days. What do you think to the theory that Amy had BPD and not Bipolar Disorder? :)

Actually yes 100%.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 18,108
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Why would she have that?
  • InspirationInspiration Posts: 62,694
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    crystal_meth: So you can't remember where you saw the security guard say she was drunk? I'm interested in where you saw this reported.

No thoughts about her doctor visiting her at her flat on Friday night?
    Forum Member
    I've enjoyed reading your posts too. I've even ordered the book Many Roads, One Journey that you suggested. I'm having a bit of trouble grasping the 12 step concept so I'm looking forward to seeing what this book has to say on the matter.

It's a great book but you would have to be familiar with the basic 12-Step theories to understand the criticisms of it. I have a LOT of trouble with the 12-Step programme and frankly can't believe an entire global attitude towards drug addiction is geared towards the insane Christianity based ramblings of a man who 'found religion' 100 years ago whilst sitting in his cell after perpetrating a fair amount of damage to other people due to his alcoholism.

Another exceptionally good 'starter book' is 'The Drama of The Gifted Child' by Alice Miller -or- 'The Drama of Being a Child' as it is now re-named.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,857
    Forum Member
    Sorry my quoting function doesn't appear to be working, but "Not to mention her taste in men was appalling.. "

Reg Traviss seemed a level headed bloke, who actually cared about her and stayed out of the lime light and Tyler James; was still one of her closest friends till the day she died - so the above comments just seem like a gross overgeneralization to me.
  • silvertiarasilvertiara Posts: 1,071
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What's up with the thread. I can't quote are they in the middle of a cull?
  • silvertiarasilvertiara Posts: 1,071
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    On the Sky website it says that the cremation has taken place and that her ashes have been placed with her grandmothers. Surely that can't have happened so quickly can it?

Edit: On the mail website it shows a picture of a guy carrying a green bag out said to contain her ashes.

I posted this at 19:20. Without sounding too distasteful i can't believe that they had cremated her and done the other processing bits so quickly. I thought Sky must have had it wrong and then saw the photo on the Mail website.

Do you think they have got it wrong and if not, i think the guy holding the bag is her bodyguard. Is that supposed to be symbolic, taking final care of her???
  • Mrs BBVMrs BBV Posts: 3,003
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What's up with the thread. I can't quote are they in the middle of a cull?

Think so.....several pages have just disappeared and one of the main posters has gone 'inactive'.