Options

Shall I hit this friendship on the head and move on?

2»

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 107
    Forum Member
    Sounds to me, even though he knew all along that you had a b/f.......he was hoping for something more than friendship. I'd leave it if I were you. He knows where you are, so if he's interested in a friendship, he'll be in touch.
    Out of interest, how did you maintain your friendship? Was in mainly via text and F/B, or did you speak on the phone too?
  • Options
    ItsallaboutyouItsallaboutyou Posts: 1,306
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    TRUFFLES wrote: »
    Sounds to me, even though he knew all along that you had a b/f.......he was hoping for something more than friendship. I'd leave it if I were you. He knows where you are, so if he's interested in a friendship, he'll be in touch.
    Out of interest, how did you maintain your friendship? Was in mainly via text and F/B, or did you speak on the phone too?

I do think he was trying to get me into bed. Something did click, and I did put the barrier up to say "no".

It was mainly FB and Twitter, plus with mainly text messages. I never spoke to him on the phone, and heard his voice when we met! I didn't think he would understand me (I have a very strong Birmingham accent) and vice versa! Thankfully it was understandable accents.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Ah, well, definitely think he wanted more and following his visit, he realised he's not going to get it. It would be nice of him to let you know where you stand though huh.... By that I mean whether he wants to stay in touch etc....... doubt he will ....
    Is it a long journey for him to travel from Manchester to WSM?
    So, what are your thoughts now, now you've had some input from us?
  • Options
    RAINBOWGIRL22RAINBOWGIRL22 Posts: 24,459
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He is actually gay himself. Without a boyfriend. He did keep saying during the visit when my boyfriend was not around that I am a fit lad etc

Well my initial observation stands then!

The other guy fancied you and thought he was in with a chance.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ah, well, definitely think he wanted more and following his visit, he realised he's not going to get it. It would be nice of him to let you know where you stand though huh.... By that I mean whether he wants to stay in touch etc....... doubt he will ....
    Is it a long journey for him to travel from Manchester to WSM?
    So, what are your thoughts now, now you've had some input from us?

Its what he wanted. He was forever eyeing up the young lads (20-25) in the pubs we went in!

The journey took about five hours there and back on the train. It cost about 90 quid in total as it was an anytime ticket. He did forever keep giving me money which annoyed me a bit.

I think he is not interested judging from this. He didnt get to sleep with me and is holding back as he expected more but did not get the outcome.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Its what he wanted. He was forever eyeing up the young lads (20-25) in the pubs we went in!

The journey took about five hours there and back on the train. It cost about 90 quid in total as it was an anytime ticket. He did forever keep giving me money which annoyed me a bit.

I think he is not interested nudging from this. He didnt get to sleep with me and is holding back as he expected more but did not get the outcome.

I think you have your answer......
    5 hours is a long way to travel ....... Especially if he's not going to get what he wants...... so I very much doubt he'll come down again......
    Giving you money?? The first time he met you?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think you have your answer......
    5 hours is a long way to travel ....... Especially if he's not going to get what he wants...... so I very much doubt he'll come down again......
    Giving you money?? The first time he met you?

He paid for EVERYTHING: meals, booze the lot. Even gave me twenty when he left for a meal out with my boyfriend. I found it very odd.

To be honest, I dont care if he never returns. My family are all down here so thats all that matters.
  • Options
    Forum Member

To be honest, I dont care if he never returns. My family are all down here so thats all that matters.

Absolutely........ that's what matters. I wish you well. Truffles x
  • Options
    ShappyShappy Posts: 14,531
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    You shouldn't presume he fancied you. This was the first time you met after conducting an online friendship. Sometimes people just don't click in real life, even just as friends. Perhaps he found you different than online and doesn't actually want to be friends anymore?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,841
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I agree with Shappy, it doesn't necessarily mean he was after more! I met someone online and he traveled 3 hours to come and see me for a bit. We really clicked but I've not spoken to him nearly as much since. I know hes been busy with work and stuff though, and I'm going up to him tomorrow. Friendships with a lot of distance can work!

Always the chance that this guy has been busy with moving etc and has been pretty stressed/ended up skint from the cost of moving, but doesn't want to let you down? I think you need to ask him straight up though, no point playing guessing games
  • Options
    SemieroticSemierotic Posts: 11,132
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    He's just not that into you.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ive asked him straight out but no answer at all. I did this yesterday and he has been active on Facebook.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 16,986
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Why are you even pursuing this? :confused:
  • Options
    SemieroticSemierotic Posts: 11,132
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ive asked him straight out but no answer at all. I did this yesterday and he has been active on Facebook.

He has no interest in you. Just let it go.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Semierotic wrote: »
    He has no interest in you. Just let it go.

I have made a step by deleting his mobile number. He not interested but I hate people who pussyfoot and dont be straight out with the trurh.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,234
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I have made a step by deleting his mobile number. He not interested but I hate people who pussyfoot and dont be straight out with the trurh.[/QUOTE]

Itsallaboutyou, sometimes people don't know yet if they're interested or not.

If you're stressed out with stuff to do, you may not yet have had time to process what a meet-up with someone meant to you, or even time to think about it at all.

You are lonely, so the time probably seems endless for you, but for other people, sometimes there may not be the time to think about friendships n relationships.

If you're impatient and try to put people on the spot, make up their minds when they're busy moving house or whatever it is, you could loose them when if you hung in there, they would eventually get back into contact with you. Just pointing this out.