Options

Waiting for Chryed to Get It On - Christian & Syed (Part 269)

Comments

• Options
    AlexinBrumAlexinBrum Posts: 989
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I can now tell you that the mystery item:
    1) was donated by someone awesome
    2) is two sheets of white, A4 paper
    3) on the paper is a scene from an episode of EastEnders

The 'someone awesome' is of course the lovely Pete Lawson. I emailed him to tell him about the weekend and to ask if there was anything he could contribute, even if it was just a message of support. He emailed back, very enthusiastically, and sent me a pdf document that he thought 'the fans might like'.

The pdf document is a two page scene from an episode of EastEnders.

It is a scene he wrote. When I read it I may have shed a few tears.
    I asked him if he could print and sign a copy so that we could auction it. He of course obliged.

The day it came through my door I might have got a tad over excited. My housemate will bear witness to this.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10,538
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    And this is unrelated to anything we've been discussing. I was watching the episodes after the wedding (they're not great btw...) and I noticed a theme:

I like how eaten alive by guilt and shame Syed is after the wedding (thanks to jenn for the caps). :sleep::sleep::sleep:

Ha! He's crying on the inside.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 9,211
    Forum Member
    AlexinBrum wrote: »

The 'someone awesome' is of course the lovely Pete Lawson. I emailed him to tell him about the weekend and to ask if there was anything he could contribute, even if it was just a message of support. He emailed back, very enthusiastically, and sent me a pdf document that he thought 'the fans might like'.

I asked him if he could print and sign a copy so that we could auction it. He of course obliged.

The day it came through my door I might have got a tad over excited. My housemate will bear witness to this.

You are killing me. Pete is awesome. What's the scene.

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
    /stressed
  • Options
    jenn123jenn123 Posts: 19,578
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    And this is unrelated to anything we've been discussing. I was watching the episodes after the wedding (they're not great btw...) and I noticed a theme:

I like how eaten alive by guilt and shame Syed is after the wedding (thanks to jenn for the caps). :sleep::sleep::sleep:

Er, you're welcome? :sleep:
    Although, say what you will about the crapness of the stories at times, at least the caps (and their subjects) were always nice to look at :p

The vows??
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Rubystar3 wrote: »
    Hey guys , I believe Chryed were mentioned recently, can anyone tell me what was said about them ?

Hello! :)
    Mas went to Birmingham to help Syed look after Yas as Amira was away and Christian had got a chance of some work in Gran Canaria.
  • Options
    ClarkeyfangirlClarkeyfangirl Posts: 2,899
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Evening :)

Thanks SO, SO much rome and Zoetje for your fics! Will read and enjoy them immensely. I'm ridiculosly happy that there's still writing going on among the fine, fine writers of Chryedville. Thank you, thank you, thank you all! :D

Thanks for all the discussing, all the links being posted and all that, love it!

Ahhh... reunion...
    "I'm gay and I'm Muslim..." *tender facetouch that Christian is physically unable not to lean into* "... and I don't think you can go to hell for having loved" *thumbkiss... Christian realises what he's just heard* *looks* *Zainab and Masood* *looks*
    "Let's go home..." *looks... Syed realises what he's just heard*
    *hesitant but still somewhat assured and secure beginnings of smiles*
    *Christian walking* *Syed walking, realising he's truly on his way Home*
    *touch to small of back*

Yep... still gets me... still goosebumps. Still probably a couple of my most loved lines.

Alex - I bow down to your supreme analyzing-litterature-and-storytelling Powers. It was a joy and pleasure reading your commentary on the ep! Thank you so much!

Hope everyone's doing fine and enjoying themselves! xxx
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,757
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Love this scenario.:) Hope he's got a job that fulfils him and makes him happy. It certainly does show how far they've all come, Syed delivering Kamil to Zainab, Mas spending time with them with his new partner. Miraculous! :)

I quite enjoy imagining all this in my head. Filling in the gaps to suit me.... :) No crappy directors, editors, EP's or writers to mess it up. Just the way I want it.
    jenn123 wrote: »
    The vows??

Been thinking it's the vows since the start....
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    'So what is this scene?!' I hear you cry.

No, not the wedding. It's not any of our favourite scenes.
    It's from the B&B fire episode, when Chryed aren't even together. Syed is planning on going to Pakistan with Amira to build up their stupid tat stall business. Christian is back from whichever holiday hotspot he went to in that black cab. They're barely even talking to each other.

Are you trying to remember which of the scanty scenes from that episode it could be? Did Chryed even have a proper scene together in that episode, other than a significant look after Christian pulls Mas from the flames?

Yes they did.
    It was filmed.
    But it was never broadcast.
    And Pete has given it back to us.

IT IS BRAND NEW CANON CHRYED.
    JOHNNY AND MARC SAID THESE LINES.
    THIS ACTUALLY HAPPENED.
    ALL THE SCENES IN THE EPISODE AFTER THIS WERE DELIVERED BY THE ACTORS ASSUMING THAT THIS HAD HAPPENED.

I suppose you want to know what they said? :rolleyes:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Zoetjetoch wrote: »
    I quite enjoy imagining all this in my head. Filling in the gaps to suit me.... :) No crappy directors, editors, EP's or writers to mess it up. Just the way I want it.

Me too! :D Completely distracted from the action on EE (not difficult, I know) by worrying that if Syed had been to Pakistan and now Christian was going to GC that they'd miss each other! :)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 30,839
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

It's from the B&B fire episode, when Chryed aren't even together. Syed is planning on going to Pakistan with Amira to build up their stupid tat stall business. Christian is back from whichever holiday hotspot he went to in that black cab. They're barely even talking to each other.

Are you trying to remember which of the scanty scenes from that episode it could be? Did Chryed even have a proper scene together in that episode, other than a significant look after Christian pulls Mas from the flames?

Yes they did.
    It was filmed.

THIS ACTUALLY HAPPENED.
    ALL THE SCENES IN THE EPISODE AFTER THIS WERE DELIVERED BY THE ACTORS ASSUMING THAT THIS HAD HAPPENED.

Yes please...Oh wow
  • Options
    jenn123jenn123 Posts: 19,578
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Yes they did.
    It was filmed.

THIS ACTUALLY HAPPENED.

NO EFFING WAY. ARE YOU SERIOUS RIGHT NOW??
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,757
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Yes they did.
    It was filmed.

THIS ACTUALLY HAPPENED.

Oh My God. :eek::eek::eek:
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 9,211
    Forum Member
    OMG Alex, crank up the anticipation, much?! :p

Is it set by the swings?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Yes they did.
    It was filmed.

THIS ACTUALLY HAPPENED.

Oh my word! YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS PLEEEEASSSSSE :D:D:D
    /not bothered :sleep::D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,787
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Yes they did.
    It was filmed.

THIS ACTUALLY HAPPENED.

THAT MAN IS WAY TOO KIND FOR WORDS!
  • Options
    kqvkqv Posts: 400
    Forum Member

Yes they did.
    It was filmed.

THIS ACTUALLY HAPPENED.

I suppose you want to know what they said?

OMG!!!!!!!!!! :):D:o:cry::):D:cool::p;):)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Goodness, I'm refreshing like a spoiler night!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 30,839
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Goodness, I'm refreshing like a spoiler night!

Lol and me :)
  • Options
    momentarythingmomentarything Posts: 20,139
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oh my God, Alex!!!! That is actually... unbelievable. I'm blown away a little, ha.

And, sorry, but I want to scrawl 'EE editors' on some sort of hate list somewhere...
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Forum Member
    Omg!!! So kind of him!!! :):)
    #tension. How I got through Chryed's story caring -& not dying of fright- when new stuff came out I'll never know! Eek! :sleep:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Let me just tease you a little while longer. Because in order to be justified in auctioning this short scene, we had to be able to offer something unique, so I couldn't just put the pdf online so everyone could see it and print it. That wouldn't be fair to the person who paid for it.

However, I also didn't feel it was fair to keep the content of the scene secret from the fandom. It isn't mine. It's not even Pete's. It belongs to all of us.

So, just so everyone is clear, what we are auctioning is a two-page scene, printed by Pete, signed by Pete, posted to me by Pete. I'll even include the envelope he sent it in. I am the only other person outside EE who has the pdf, and I will print myself a copy (I'm no martyr, and I did all the asking :sleep: ) but even I don't have a signed one.

But, for the fandom, I have typed out the bare bones of it, so I can post it here in text format and we can all squeee and analyse. But the winning bidder will get it in proper script format, as used for shooting.

Does that sound fair?
  • Options
    starfish100starfish100 Posts: 12,059
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Final interview was wonderful! :D Loved it so much. Such interesting advice about writing.

And now.....OMG.....on my catch up I've just seen what you have posted Alex....:eek::eek:

AS WE SAY....WTAF???? Seriously???? How amazing!! :D:D
  • Options
    momentarythingmomentarything Posts: 20,139
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ....I suppose it sounds a bit fun, Alex. :sleep: Oh my God!!!! edit: I misread 'fair' as 'fun'. Too excited. But, yeah, it's incredibly fair. I wish I weren't so poor. Never been so bitter about not being able to find a job before (/priorities).

Jesus Christ. I was SO disappointed by the lack of contact in that episode, too!
  • Options
    ClarkeyfangirlClarkeyfangirl Posts: 2,899
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    BiB: Amazing! :D It makes me feel better that I didn't just have my bias glasses on and it genuinely wasn't great. :o I like it when someone more objective than I am agrees with me. :p

I'm pretty sure the editing of reunion episode is about 50% about why I was SO disappointed at the time. The actual reunion scene wasn't for me, and it's never grown on me, but by the point they got to it I was already pissed off and in no position to truly enjoy the scene, even if it had been good to me. Can't believe they were cutting scenes in the single most important episode of Christian and Syed's story. Especially given there was nothing else in that episode that couldn't have waited. We have never been blessed with editorial decisions. Still pissed off about that Masood/Syed scene they cut in the final week.

Just wanted to comment on this. They really always were treated badly in editing weren't they?

And BiB: I will never,ever,ever,ever,ever,ever,ever,ever,ever, ever, ever.ever.ever,ever,ever,ever,ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever... (you get me, right? :sleep:) not be bitter about that.

The only thing I can say for it is that knowing this cured me of the last Little remnants of wanting them to hold on a bit longer to see what would've happened (I didn't have much of that left, but this killed the last of it stone dead :sleep: )

Yes they did.
    It was filmed.

THIS ACTUALLY HAPPENED.

Is. Dead. Actually.Properly.Dead.

(Is. Also Actually.Properly. Outraged :sleep: )
    (see above comment about editing :sleep: ...)

ETA: Pete Lawson is a God among men.
    /This is total news

That sounds wonderful, Alex, thank you SO much! :D
  • Options
    starfish100starfish100 Posts: 12,059
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I can't believe this is happening...I'm actually almost shaking....Pete is SO wonderful to do this!!!

OMG this is SO incredible!!!!! :eek::eek: