Options

*The Lady Gaga Appreciation Thread* (Part 11)

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,003
    Forum Member
    We knew that Gaga haters were making fake profiles on The Examiner to trash her under the pretence of being critics/reporters (proven), but now they're turning to making fake fan Twitter profiles to threaten celebrities and add more fuel to the fire:

http://atrl.net/forums/showthread.php?t=335721

This has gotten way beyond ridiculous. :rolleyes:
  • Options
    MissMusiqueMissMusique Posts: 2,098
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    We knew that Gaga haters were making fake profiles on The Examiner to trash her under the pretence of being critics/reporters (proven), but now they're turning to making fake fan Twitter profiles to threaten celebrities and add more fuel to the fire:

People have way too much time on their hands! I'm all into sharing info about music you like or whatever, but to actually go to the trouble of creating an account to stir things up is beyond ridiculous!!

There should be some sort of sanity test you have to take before you're allowed to use the internet...
  • Options
    Forum Member
    People have way too much time on their hands! I'm all into sharing info about music you like or whatever, but to actually go to the trouble of creating an account to stir things up is beyond ridiculous!!

There should be some sort of sanity test you have to take before you're allowed to use the internet...

What annoys me about that is their actions are going beyond the stan world. Their Examiner "articles" are reported on in mainstream media and are influencing peoples opinions through completely bias writing.

Plus, who's to say that they haven't been making fake fan profiles before now and are actually the perpetrators for a lot of that drama? That's obviously their goal so sooner or later we'll see the results of their Twitter tirade.

It is painfully pathetic though. I cringe at the thought of being so obsessive and hateful of a bloody popstar to waste so much time on something. Same goes for the people on here who religiously perch in every Gaga article.

I hope they're only kids because otherwise...
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,828
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I just read through that thread, and all I can say is the struggle is real. I kind of pity those people. They're so irritated by the woman's success, that they'll dedicate their time to bringing her down. Very sad.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I just read through that thread, and all I can say is the struggle is real. I kind of pity those people. They're so irritated by the woman's success, that they'll dedicate their time to bringing her down. Very sad.

It's a sign of society really though - I wonder what she makes of it all, whether it registers or not? I mean this doesn't happen exclusively to LG I'm sure... Perhaps this kind of rivalry/competition has always been around and the internet has just exacerbated it? But when I was younger I never noticed the whole war with fans of competing artists or whatever. I mean I am a huge fan of LG, but I also listen and enjoy to Madonna, Rihanna, Katy Perry, Britney, Xtina and Adele. Their success doesn't belittle Gaga's or vice versa.... I've never understood the stanning wars, and I just think as you and toanythingtaboo said it's frightening and sad that people dedicate so much time to somebody that they don't even like or admire in any way. Very immature!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This is the unaired part of the Skype ball http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=OeG37QIYIF8

It's more interesting - stuff about the BTW Foundation and she seems quite chatty and friendly! The questions were slightly better in this segment and she's more animated about it, you can tell! She's rocking this look a lot lately I've noticed, the big glasses and floppy/pointy hats :)
  • Options
    BadKid95BadKid95 Posts: 7,137
    Forum Member
    Azealia Banks put on Twitter before that she's going to tonight's concert :)

Plus what's this "this is the last human moment before ARTPOP" thing?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 203
    Forum Member
    I am hoping that Azelia won't be on ARTPOP. I know they have recorded two songs together; Red Flame and Ratchet but I am hoping they will be either on Azelia's album or just left in storage. The only collaboration I would like is Gaga and Beyonce again but I don't think this is happening.

I know Gaga did say that the collab rumors were false but I think she was referring to the Britney/Rihanna rumors maybe so still got my fingers crossed for a bit of Honey B.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Oh and about the "last human moment before ARTPOP" statement; fans are saying she is rumored to do a new song from ARTPOP tonight but I think she is just making hype. I can't imagine her singing something completely new from the new album. The only time she did this was with You and I but that was way before BTW was even a thought.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I think she was simply just pointing out that this was the last time the crowd would see her before ARTPOP. That's probably more significant to her because she knows what she's about to get up to. Could be huge.

In terms of collaborations, I guess we can conclude that Beyonce will be on it because Gaga has said that the Telephone follow up is written and previously said she wouldn't do it without her. Then again, she's not one to stick to her word.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    :yawn: hope we get something soon
  • Options
    tracystapestracystapes Posts: 3,309
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I just want Gaga to go back to being less serious. I have noticed lately (mainly since 'BTW') that the rights campaign(s) are really over-ruling stuff. I want Gaga to go back to being a popstar. She's good at that and has earnt her title as that.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,828
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I just want Gaga to go back to being less serious. I have noticed lately (mainly since 'BTW') that the rights campaign(s) are really over-ruling stuff. I want Gaga to go back to being a popstar. She's good at that and has earnt her title as that.

I understand your concern, but there's also the fact that she has a lot of fans who look up to and are inspired by her, and I think that her popstar status has allowed to do these things like the Foundation, which is good. That doesn't mean she doesn't care about her music-I think it's pretty obvious that she does. But if she is given opportunities to do philanthropy, among other things, she should take them. Simply being a popstar isn't really enough IMO. Personally, I'm proud of her for standing up for these causes.
  • Options
    Forum Member

Gaga has always been more than music. That's the appeal. She's costumes, theatre and causes. People respond to her because she has something to say, even if it's nonsensical or they mock it.

She's not had any new music out in 20 months, of course her activism is taking over.

I'd think less of her if she ditched that side of her. It's bigger than her and more important than bothering some people on the internet who would simply criticise something else anyway.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Some fans got ARTPOP info backstage yesterday:

- She doesn't want to release music now because she can't promote it. (i.e. it's coming in April at earliest)
    - She's creating new technology with Apple and NASA.
    - ARTPOP is completely different from her previous albums.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 24,080
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

- She doesn't want to release music now because she can't promote it. (i.e. it's coming in April at earliest)

^^^ that is KEY here and the most promising in order to keep thinvs fresh...also worried of any The Fame/Monster 2.0 are out of the window :D:sleep:;)....for myself anyway :P

So is she done with the BTWB tour yet then?? or will there be more shows in the long term r what exactly? will ARTPOP Vol 1 be in the middle of the BTWB tour i guess im asking :confused:

as for new technology i reckon that will be mainly focused on the Apps thingy and as for NASA....will that be primarily focused on creating a new big bang and therefore creating a Pop universe within our own that i heard about recently ;)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

To be honest, as much as I've complained recently about not having any information - she's doing it right. No point going a release date/window if its not imminent, because they hype gets out of control. I think she's trying to keep a lid on it as much as possible - so she's obviously learnt from BTW. And I have a feeling then, if she's waiting til BTWB is over, that promo is going to be big for ARTPOP. She's not going to play and she'll want everything to go right this time.

I think ARTPOP has the potential to be just as polarising as BTW if I'm honest. There's calls from more casual fans to go back to the sound/feeling of TF/TFM but she's never going to do that. It'll be just as different as BTW I think - and maybe not contain the same kind of sounds that we've come to associate with Gaga.

Bad press has come again for Gaga with the Born Brave Bus. Another case of damned if you do, and damned if you don't. This is the problem with the Internet - anybody can write anything and the truth gets lost along the way. Detractors are just using it as another stone to throw at her - despite the intentions being good. I've not been there so can't possibly comment either way, but the initiative is revolutionary and why would she go to all that trouble just to hand out free tickets??

As far as the tour success goes, I just don't get it. Ok it might not be doing as well as projected (although I don't know that) or many expected, but let's not discount the fact that 4 years into her career she's doing a worldwide stadium tour! She's playing in territories that take many artists decades to get to! And yes maybe a stadium tour was a bit ambitious but BTW is an album for stadiums and also - if you don't aim high you may as well give up no? She has ambition, drive, passion and talent - I think people underestimate her. She knows what she's doing, and she knows what people are saying - she got herself to the top in 2009 and if she so chooses she can do it again.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    To be honest, as much as I've complained recently about not having any information - she's doing it right. No point going a release date/window if its not imminent, because they hype gets out of control. I think she's trying to keep a lid on it as much as possible - so she's obviously learnt from BTW. And I have a feeling then, if she's waiting til BTWB is over, that promo is going to be big for ARTPOP. She's not going to play and she'll want everything to go right this time.

As much as I am sick of waiting I do agree, she does seem to be correcting mistake made by BTW era if this is the case. I am not too sure about the NASA statement, sounds like another Gaga throwaway comment :D However I assume that with Apple it is to do with the ARTPOP app. She did say that people should get IPads for Christmas.

The tour finishes in March so I expect a May single release if i'm honest with the first album dropping around July and then most likely Vol 2. will be Feb 2014.
  • Options
    SlojoSlojo Posts: 4,230
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Looking good here :) very 60's "flower power"

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-2266204/Lady-Gaga-goes-girly-Singer-steps-bright-print-dress-tumbling-curls-champions-prettier-look.html

Maybe thats a sign of what's to come with ARTPOP :)

Oh heck you lot have got me speculating now :D

It's a shame about the Bus because it's been set up with good intentions and could be a real help but it's been hijacked by the internet s**t stirrers who will end up spoiling it for the people that need it most.

By making it free to everyone (with or without a concert ticket) which it really has to be, it was bound to happen though.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Slojo wrote: »
    Looking good here :) very 60's "flower power"

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-2266204/Lady-Gaga-goes-girly-Singer-steps-bright-print-dress-tumbling-curls-champions-prettier-look.html

Maybe thats a sign of what's to come with ARTPOP :)

Oh heck you lot have got me speculating now :D

It's a shame about the Bus because it's been set up with good intentions and could be a real help but it's been hijacked by the internet s**t stirrers who will end up spoiling it for the people that need it most.

By making it free to everyone (with or without a concert ticket) which it really has to be, it was bound to happen though.

I know what you mean Slojo, it's annoying and unfair plus it baffles me how people take so much time out just to cause hate on both sides

Loving that look btw! Yeah, very 60s, one of my favourites as of recent
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 24,080
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I for one must post that i LOVE her recent look...the 60s Psychy vibes are so very Boho and Psychy ;) Love it!

Hope this is part of the look for the era...I mean she sported such a cool look pre-BTW channeling Nico vibes with her peroxide locks/lady godiva feel and then it kinda got ditched and got messy...also loved her look in the album booklet for BTW too with similar style. So i hope this one sticks Boho/Psychy/60s with brown hair/eccentric hats :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I for one must post that i LOVE her recent look...the 60s Psychy vibes are so very Boho and Psychy ;) Love it!

Hope this is part of the look for the era...I mean she sported such a cool look pre-BTW channeling Nico vibes with her peroxide locks/lady godiva feel and then it kinda got ditched and got messy...also loved her look in the album booklet for BTW too with similar style. So i hope this one sticks Boho/Psychy/60s with brown hair/eccentric hats :D

Me too! I am loving her look as of late. She needs to stick with brown hair for a while because she looks absolutely stunning. I think it is nice that we are seeing a more toned-down look with Gaga. She seems to be keeping it quite "simple" (For Gaga anyway) and quite classy. I am hoping this will be the end of the leather BTW era style, it was great but that style definitely ran its course. :cool:
  • Options
    Forum Member

I think ARTPOP has the potential to be just as polarising as BTW if I'm honest. There's calls from more casual fans to go back to the sound/feeling of TF/TFM but she's never going to do that. It'll be just as different as BTW I think - and maybe not contain the same kind of sounds that we've come to associate with Gaga.

Bad press has come again for Gaga with the Born Brave Bus. Another case of damned if you do, and damned if you don't. This is the problem with the Internet - anybody can write anything and the truth gets lost along the way. Detractors are just using it as another stone to throw at her - despite the intentions being good. I've not been there so can't possibly comment either way, but the initiative is revolutionary and why would she go to all that trouble just to hand out free tickets??

As far as the tour success goes, I just don't get it. Ok it might not be doing as well as projected (although I don't know that) or many expected, but let's not discount the fact that 4 years into her career she's doing a worldwide stadium tour! She's playing in territories that take many artists decades to get to! And yes maybe a stadium tour was a bit ambitious but BTW is an album for stadiums and also - if you don't aim high you may as well give up no? She has ambition, drive, passion and talent - I think people underestimate her. She knows what she's doing, and she knows what people are saying - she got herself to the top in 2009 and if she so chooses she can do it again.

There isn't actual "bad press" about the Born Brave Bus. The usual suspects are doing the absolute most with some bullshit gossip (if you can even call it that considering an amateur blog and sketchy Tweets are the sources). When it even looks remotely legit, I'll be bothered.

The only people who think the tour is anything less than a big success are high off their own fumes or completely ignorant. Don't concern yourself with it. Nobody cares what some bitchy online non-entities think.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    You know that old saying "put your money where your mouth is?" Well, Lady Gaga is using both – her money and her mouth – on her current U.S. concert tour, with the specific aim of empowering the world, one little monster at a time.

In pursuit of that goal, the "Born This Way" singer has added a special sidecar to her traveling show, something called the Born Brave Bus, a.k.a. Gaga's concert "tailgate" party. Instead of beers and barbecues, however, the tour bus seeks to edify by other means, aiming to stimulate conversation and education around the topics of safety, skills and opportunity, the three pillars of her Born This Way Foundation.

Opening three hours before every U.S.-based Gaga concert (33 dates in total), the Born Brave compound – a mini-festival available to all youth (ticketholders or not) – is a haven designed to provide community, strength and support for anyone under the age of 25.

Although Gaga spoke very little at the bus' debut in Tacoma (January 14th), she did tell the crowd, "If you are part of the community that you want to change, the change begins with you." The singer then sipped champagne, christened the bus with the bottle and did a quick happy dance to kick off the roadshow.

She has been more effusive in related tweets, however, writing, "At the #BornBraveBus you have access to professional private or group chats about mental health, depression, bullying, school & friends." She also tweeted that the bus "is a place where mental health + depression are taken seriously w/ no judgement, FREE real help available to all."

Dr. Sue Swearer, the bus' behavioral health team lead, described the setup as a series of "pods," each providing access to related national and regional assistance and networking opportunities. In every city, you'll find an LGBT pod, a Mentoring section, a Behavioral Health area and a Local Community Resources team. Registrants get free access to on-site computers that provide anti-bullying resources, gay, lesbian, bi- and trans- support group contact info, and direction for those seeking out volunteer opportunities. There are also additional areas where attendees can lounge and chat with peers, write messages on blackboards, even leave notes for Gaga herself.

Dr. Swearer, an anti-bullying expert, said she has already witnessed amazing groundswells in the early days of the tour. "People come up and say, 'Lady Gaga saved my life,' or 'saved my child's life. I feel OK because she's empowering me to say who I am.' Just in the first two events, I heard 50-plus stories like that. It is such a positive, supportive environment for everybody."

Dr. Swearer said that although she's been working in this field for years, the Born Brave Bus is providing her some profound learning opportunities. "I've been a professor for 15 years, I'm a licensed psychologist, studied bullying and various issues, and I would say that this is really an eye-opening experience for me. I'm learning about the diversity of experiences that people have, and also the ability to connect on a very fundamental message, which is 'acceptance.' If everybody were to accept everybody, a lot of issues wouldn't exist – a lot of conflict in our world wouldn't be there. On some level, it is a very simple message, but also very profound. That's my main take-home – if everybody was kind, if everybody was brave and stood up for the injustice that they saw, if everybody was accepting, then a lot of human ills wouldn't exist."

Another key contributor to the Born Brave experience is a close friend of Gaga's, a singer/performance artist named Breedlove, who acts as the Born This Way Foundation's chief ambassador. Breedlove said both he and Gaga are being hugely affected by what is happening at the Born Brave bus in each city.

"Every day we talk about it after her show. On a daily basis, she says, 'This is the most important thing in my life right now.'" Clearly affected, Breedlove added, "You can measure your success based on album sales or artistic endeavors, but when you come to a town and you meet youth that haven't had access to people that understand them, and they tell you that you've changed their life, I think that is the most incredible experience you could have on earth."

http://www.rollingstone.com/music/news/lady-gaga-changing-lives-with-touring-youth-services-20130122#ixzz2IjmcCKeh

Good press from a legit and respected source. ;)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,046
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That was a nice article from the Rolling Stone, got to be honest when the bus was announced I did immediately think it was a bit of gimmick, but it does actually look like she's got some professionals on hand to make sure it's a success. I hope the nasty rumors about it don't prevent her from doing more stuff like this in the future because I do believe her hearts in the right place and that she is in her own way trying to help.