Options

Am I the only person who liked the commonwealth tartan for Scotland?

tiacattiacat Posts: 22,521
Forum Member
✭✭✭
I loved the colours of the tartan they were wearing and really liked it. Its been heavily criticised.

I didnt like the colour and pattern of the blue shirts and dresses though.

Comments

• Options
    AllyourKittyAllyourKitty Posts: 897
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The costumes were hideous, in more enlightened times the woman who designed them would have been put in the stocks for such a monstrosity, sadly these aren't the good old days anymore.
  • Options
    Nat28Nat28 Posts: 2,949
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    tiacat wrote: »
    I loved the colours of the tartan they were wearing and really liked it. Its been heavily criticised.

I didnt like the colour and pattern of the blue shirts and dresses though.

I liked it. Would have looked better with a black shirt for contrast
  • Options
    academiaacademia Posts: 18,225
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I didn't like it when it was first revealed, but in the arena it looked pretty good.
  • Options
    sadmuppetsadmuppet Posts: 8,222
    Forum Member
    I didn't mind the tartan, it was the rest of it I didn't like!

However, the uniform certainly stood out in the stadium, which I suppose was the point....
  • Options
    NoseyLouieNoseyLouie Posts: 5,651
    Forum Member
    Meh its growing on me, well my tartan is macleod of lewis, it is mostly garish to most folk, hehe, I need on the pc now to post the pukish splendour..brb!
  • Options
    Trsvis_BickleTrsvis_Bickle Posts: 9,202
    Forum Member
    Nat28 wrote: »
    I liked it. Would have looked better with a black shirt for contrast

Or brown...
  • Options
    SaigoSaigo Posts: 7,893
    Forum Member
    Yes, you are the only person who does. Can I get your autograph before the media gets wind of you?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,924
    Forum Member
    I thought it was bloody awful, sorry! :blush:
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 32,379
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    avasgranny wrote: »
    I thought it was bloody awful, sorry! :blush:

So did I.

I wonder what happened to the other thread?
  • Options
    NoseyLouieNoseyLouie Posts: 5,651
    Forum Member
    I knew it! The colours of Swizzels Matlow spring to mind, the tartan is parma violet, refreshers with a hint of lolipop!

euurgh!
  • Options
    BluescopeBluescope Posts: 3,432
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think you must be the only person it was shockingly bad. It looked like a pair of 70's style curtains.
  • Options
    Nat28Nat28 Posts: 2,949
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    NoseyLouie wrote: »
    Meh its growing on me, well my tartan is macleod of lewis, it is mostly garish to most folk, hehe, I need on the pc now to post the pukish splendour..brb!

Iv been to stornoway. Me and my pal was laughing at how everyone there seemed to be a mcleod. Lovely place
  • Options
    CravenHavenCravenHaven Posts: 13,953
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    is the freaky mascot there to scare the children?
  • Options
    OvalteenieOvalteenie Posts: 24,169
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I liked the Scottie dogs with their tartan coats :)
  • Options
    skp20040skp20040 Posts: 66,874
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Personally I would have liked to have seen something darker as I feel it would have looked smarter , or a different coloured shirt as that blue really did not sit well with it to my mind.
  • Options
    SherbetLemonSherbetLemon Posts: 4,073
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I liked the shade of blue in the tops (even if it isn't a traditional Scottish blue), but the pattern was naff and the orange tartan was hideous. Worse still, how anyone thought the two could be worn together is beyond me. It's the worst Scottish uniform I've ever seen.
  • Options
    LyricalisLyricalis Posts: 57,958
    Forum Member
    Anyone got a link to a photo of it? I've been paying as much attention to these games (or any other sport this year) as I do modern trends in tampon technology. Both are about as relevant to my life.
  • Options
    anne_666anne_666 Posts: 72,891
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Our family tartan is red and green. Awful combination. Not that I like any tartan much.
  • Options
    Wee TinkersWee Tinkers Posts: 12,782
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    There are so many beautiful tartans so I'm annoyed because i know the outfits could have been fantastic..with class. I'm not sure what possessed the designer to go with that outfit...and those shirts :o BUT I must say they didn't look quite as awful on the night as they did in the paper when they were revealed. It sort of worked. Oddly.
  • Options
    Aarghawasp!Aarghawasp! Posts: 6,205
    Forum Member
    It looked like it was based round a can of Irn Bru and they might have washed their socks after that outbreak of norovirus.