Kid Cudi
    My Chemical Romance
    Ke$ha
    Take That
    B.o.B
    Example
    Cee-Lo Green
    Biffy Clyro (They've had a great year)

Go on, I'll throw Usher in there as well, just for the added cheese!
  • Options
    kutoxkutox Posts: 16,368
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    mimicole wrote: »
    Paramore - I finally got the chance to see them live in November. Gutted that 2 members have left since then :(

But at least you got to see them before that stuff happened. Something good to remember :)
  • Options
    mimicolemimicole Posts: 50,999
    Forum Member
    kutox wrote: »
    But at least you got to see them before that stuff happened. Something good to remember :)

Yeah. :) Sad to think that the leave had been planned before I saw them live, but still.

:D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10,561
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Plan B released the album of the year as far as i'm concerned.
  • Options
    cnbcwatchercnbcwatcher Posts: 56,681
    Forum Member
    Lady Gaga
    Marina and the Diamonds
    The Saturdays
    Pixie Lott
    Kanye West
    Kylie
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,665
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Frank Turner
    The Gaslight Anthem
    Cancer Bats
    The National
    Alesana
    Circa Survive
    Deftones
    A Day To Remember
    Hurts
    The Dillinger Escape Plan
    Eli "Paperboy" Reed
    Blitzen Trapper
    The Narrative
    Manic Street Preachers
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8,822
    Forum Member
    For me it's Kylie and a few others.

RnB artists became mainstream last year and a few years before that, tinie is just the lastest in the crop. Come the release of he's second album no one will care as much. Like Chipmunk, Tinchy Stryder and many more from previous years.

Susan Boyle is crap.

Not really. Tinie Tempah isn't similar to TInchy that much. For a start, the production of his rap songs >>>>>>>>>.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 101
    Forum Member
    The reason artists like Tinchy Stryder have failed is because they're not good... Simple as. As with R'n'B in general, people get bored of the same artists, hence why there are so many of them around.

I mean look at Ne-Yo and Usher, besides the respective number-ones, neither had a highly successful comeback, confusion with singles; album release dates moved etc.

Tinie Tempah is here to stay, at least until after "Wonderman" featuring Ellie Goulding is released.

Top 10 artists for me:
    Rihanna
    Hurts
    Biffy Clyro
    Tinie Tempah
    The Drums
    Pendulum
    Example
    Marina and the Diamonds
    Katy Perry
    Bombay Bicycle Club
  • Options
    jonjonsjonjons Posts: 4,021
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    laurmarley as well for me
    and ellie goulding who i hated at the begining of the year with starey eyed
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,697
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Let's just name every artist to have made it into the chart shall we:rolleyes:
  • Options
    BikoBiko Posts: 2,419
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Let's just name every artist to have made it into the chart shall we:rolleyes:

well heres something a bit different

*Tame Impala - Australian band, perfectly crafted psychadelic songs resembling the beatles/cream etc. innerspeaker was such a good album

*Kanye West - MBDTF was his best release so far, anyone can sample melodies from obscure music which (sorry for the generalisation) most mainstream pop/hip hop/rnb fans wouldn't have any clue of. but the way he does it so cleverly is commendable

*Sufjan Stevens - Probably the most innovative male solo artist around at the moment, all his albums have their own different style and its difficult to tell what he's gonna do next, one of his newer songs is 25 minutes long and had autotune on it.. If you told me that 5 years ago after his "illinoise" album I would've laughed but somehow it works

*Interpol - One of my favourite bands of all time, granted their new album wasnt as good as TOTBL or Antics but they're still in my opinion head and shoulders above most indie bands.. they havent let go of that dark, cinematic sound aswell to adhere to the maintream audiences which I love

*Janelle Monae - Released one of the best all round albums of the year, theres obvious style and identity there which anyone could pull off with the right PR (step forward Lady Gaga) but its the substance that comes with Janelle aswell, the archandroid is a unique combination of retro and futuristic bliss (oh and I thought Tightrope wasn't a good song at all but it seems to be the song people like)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The reason artists like Tinchy Stryder have failed is because they're not good... Simple as.

his music actually used to be quite good 5 years ago, its only when he started appealing to the masses is when he just blended into the crowd and will eventually fade back into obscurity
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    mimicole wrote: »
    woooo

I'm not alone. :)

I listened to that album recently, thought it was just be same old angsty girl singing songs about boys/drugs/rocknroll but I quite liked it, Boyfriend/The End/Goodbye are reallycatchy songs
  • Options
    eugenespeedeugenespeed Posts: 66,695
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Los Campesinos
    The Megadudes
    Lost City Radio
    In This Moment
    Inner Voices (probably best single of the year in my opinion)
    War of Ages
    Eisbrecher
    E-God
    Wintersleep
    Cancer Bats
    The Hostiles (one of the gigs of the year imo)
    Blabbermouth

I could probably name a few more that I thought had a good 2010, but that'd be being selfish.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,655
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I wish i could feel this love everyone has for Tinie Tempah, he just get's on my nerves :/

anyway, mine would have to be:

Michael Jackson - Regardless whether the tracks on the new album 'Michael' are him or not, the albums just great. Monster, and Breaking News have such good beats on them.

The Saturdays - They've had a few hits this year, Higher being one of the best true pop songs of 2010.

Cee Lo Green - I love that motown feel :D

Bruno Mars - Just the way you are, has been played far too many times, but i like his voice and his style of music!

Rihanna - Been outstanding this year, really picked up her game.

Katy Perry - Peacock has to be one of my favourite songs of the year.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 739
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The Tallest Man On Earth - Best Album '10.
    Kanye West - On par with best album '10.
    Parades - Best album '10 for a new band.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,577
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Kanye West
    Nicki Minaj
    Janelle Monae
    Rihanna
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,093
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Pixie Lott
    Mumford and Sons
    Bruno Mars
    The Saturdays
    Example
    Katy Perry
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,353
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Its not been the best year for music from my point of view, far more than in the past i've had to seek out good music rather than it searching me out as it were. There have however been some rays of light in an otherwise dark 2010.

Arcade Fire - Released the stand out album for me. Rarely to I run out and buy an album on release day and not feel even a little let down. Well done, you crazy canadians.

Crystal Castles - A wonderfully odd album and a rare radio friendly track with Robert Smith of all people.

Vaccines - Impossibly hyped by nme and all the other people who make a living of hyping bands while releasing nothing and hiding their identities made me and any other right thinking person want to hate them. Then I actually heard "If you wanna" and I happily ignored all the reasons to hate them. They have steadily trickled out a few more good songs. Probably the band of 2011 rather than 2010 but it hasn't been my favourite year for music.

Diplo - Keeps making dubstep records that I like and colaborating with unexpected people like the death set. Generally made 2010 a bit more exciting music wise.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,793
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Scissor Sisters
    P!nk
    Rihanna
    Katy Perry
    Kylie
    Robyn
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,226
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've gone from liking to falling in love with Kylie this year, best album and one of the best singles of the year for me.

The last two months of this year have been all about Take That and with good reason, Progress is a great album in a year where there hasn't been many.

While not perfect, Nadine had a strong debut album while the lead single is my song of 2010.

Mini Viva are also one of my most listened artists of 2010, really wished they released their album.

I've not been a fan of many of this years breakthrough artists but Example and Professor Green are both brilliant, and while I haven't got his album Bruno Mars' voice makes me melt.

Lady Gaga's Fame Monster has been on repeat for most of the year, as has Rated R by Rihanna (which is leagues above Loud IMHO) while I adore half of Alphabeat's second album.

I've also gotten quite keen on the new Sugababes line up, their album isn't that bad, they've had some great live performances and they come across really well.

Katy Perry has had a great run of singles too.

Oh and Simon Curtis' 8bit Heart album is genius, I can't wait to see him breakthrough
  • Options
    ramraider1ramraider1 Posts: 14,498
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Probably

McFly - liked both their singles
    Rihanna
    David Guetta
    Usher
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 182
    Forum Member
    Mumford & Sons - it looks like they put so much energy into their live perfomances, and they really enjoy what they're doing. They also didn't really have any hype around them at the start of the year, and seem to have found success quickly.

Marina and the Diamonds - released a great debut album, one of the albums where just about every song is of a good standard. Also seems to enjoy what she's doing, and puts a lot of effort into her live shows.

Rihanna - after her going all 'dark' last year, she's came back with two amazingly catchy singles, and her album seems to be selling well.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 40,102
    Forum Member
    Skunk Anansie's return was a pleasant surprise. Very different to their older stuff but great nontheless. They're also still on top form live - the first band to get 10 K's in Kerrang for a live gig, I believe.

M.I.A.'s return was another great one. A few tracks are more "miss" than "hit" on her new album but overall it's a good record. She is also very good live, contrary to belief. The visuals and energy were fantastic