MTV EMA Tickets

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 125
Forum Member
Does anyone know when these will be going on sale? It's just over a month to go and I still haven't seen anything.

Comments

• hazydayzhazydayz Posts: 6,909
    Forum Member
    I've been looking too. Nicki Minaj is hosting and performing so maybe this is them slowly releasing more info on the event. How many tickets will fans even get? I know the full capacity wont go on sale due to the number of stars that will be there and the stage etc.
  • homer2012homer2012 Posts: 5,216
    Forum Member
    I got mine from Carlsberg (yes the beer company) in 2001. Amazing night but now I would pass.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 134
    Forum Member
    I'd like to know about this too :)
  • MrSuperMrSuper Posts: 18,527
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ross4491 wrote: »
    Does anyone know when these will be going on sale? It's just over a month to go and I still haven't seen anything.

Same here. I can't find anything about this either. So tickets aren't free, they have to be purchased? Are they expensive?

Nicki Minaj presenting, performing and in Glasgow sounds like a great night out to me!!! Wonder if there will be any official after-club parties after the EMA?
    Forum Member
    You gonna try to meet her in person?

Awrite Nicki, how ye dain hen, want a bit ae ma fish supper?
    Forum Member
    MrSuper wrote: »
    Same here. I can't find anything about this either. So tickets aren't free, they have to be purchased? Are they expensive?

Nicki Minaj presenting, performing and in Glasgow sounds like a great night out to me!!! Wonder if there will be any official after-club parties after the EMA?

Again your best contacting sponsors for tickets. The after party was awesome in Germany and the set up was fantastic.
    Forum Member
    How many ticekets do they put on sale for fans?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    homer2012 wrote: »
    Again your best contacting sponsors for tickets. The after party was awesome in Germany and the set up was fantastic.

How do you find out who the sponsors are? Why are they responsible for tickets and not some official MTV body or organisation?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Has anyone got tickets for this yet? I've still got nothing!!! :(
    Forum Member
    How do you find out who the sponsors are? Why are they responsible for tickets and not some official MTV body or organisation?

Contacts or contact mtv themselves. Sponsors always have tickets.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,874
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You'll be lucky to get tickets. My sister had to enter her details via the Ticketmaster site and names were chosen via a public ballot. Needless to say, my sister's name didn't get picked.

Taken from http://www.eventscotland.org/scotland-the-perfect-stage/mtv-ema-glasgow/

How can I get tickets?
    Please note that registrations for the public ballot are now closed. In addition, thousands more standing tickets will be made available for fans via a public casting for enthusiastic music lovers to be in on-camera positions as part of the show itself. The 2014 MTV EMA Casting will take place on 1 & 2 November in Glasgow with full details to be revealed in the coming weeks. Competitions to win standing tickets to watch the live show from an exclusive area at the MTV EMA – the ‘Hyperspace’ - are also running across a variety of media outlets locally and internationally.

I've found this on the MTV website, I think it's the sponsors and partners of the event.

http://uk.mtvema.com/press/about-sponsors-and-partners
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    You'll be lucky to get tickets. My sister had to enter her details via the Ticketmaster site and names were chosen via a public ballot. Needless to say, my sister's name didn't get picked.

Taken from http://www.eventscotland.org/scotland-the-perfect-stage/mtv-ema-glasgow/

How can I get tickets?
    Please note that registrations for the public ballot are now closed. In addition, thousands more standing tickets will be made available for fans via a public casting for enthusiastic music lovers to be in on-camera positions as part of the show itself. The 2014 MTV EMA Casting will take place on 1 & 2 November in Glasgow with full details to be revealed in the coming weeks. Competitions to win standing tickets to watch the live show from an exclusive area at the MTV EMA – the ‘Hyperspace’ - are also running across a variety of media outlets locally and internationally.

I've found this on the MTV website, I think it's the sponsors and partners of the event.

http://uk.mtvema.com/press/about-sponsors-and-partners

I have no idea if these tickets are being distributed fairly or not. I knew about the ballot which you had to register for and if your name got picked you could then purchase tickets via Ticketmaster. Sadly i only discovered this on the very last day of registration and missed the cut-off point! Gutted isn't even the word! I was SO annoyed. They never made clear how many tickets were available via the public ballot in total. Since the SS Hydro in Glasgow has a 13,000 capacity i'd like to know how many tickets are left because seated tickets were being sold for something like £40 and £65 respectively.

This public 'casting' thing they're doing seems like a complete waste of time. It sounds like a Big Brother thing where you have to audition and act up for the producers and the powers that be decide to choose whether or not you look good on camera? Seriously?! The casting is happening this coming weekend and the blurb above says 'details to be revealed in coming weeks' yet i haven't read or seen any info for this anywhere. I work at the weekends anyway so i wouldn't be able to attend even if i wanted to.

The blurb above also says standing tickets for 'Hyperspace' area is 'running across a variety of media outlets locally and internationally', really? Where?

I don't know anyone who has got tickets for this!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,874
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I have no idea if these tickets are being distributed fairly or not. I knew about the ballot which you had to register for and if your name got picked you could then purchase tickets via Ticketmaster. Sadly i only discovered this on the very last day of registration and missed the cut-off point! Gutted isn't even the word! I was SO annoyed. They never made clear how many tickets were available via the public ballot in total. Since the SS Hydro in Glasgow has a 13,000 capacity i'd like to know how many tickets are left because seated tickets were being sold for something like £40 and £65 respectively.

This public 'casting' thing they're doing seems like a complete waste of time. It sounds like a Big Brother thing where you have to audition and act up for the producers and the powers that be decide to choose whether or not you look good on camera? Seriously?! The casting is happening this coming weekend and the blurb above says 'details to be revealed in coming weeks' yet i haven't read or seen any info for this anywhere. I work at the weekends anyway so i wouldn't be able to attend even if i wanted to.

The blurb above also says standing tickets for 'Hyperspace' area is 'running across a variety of media outlets locally and internationally', really? Where?

I don't know anyone who has got tickets for this!

Me neither. I don't what the big deal with the tickets is. Why can't they just put them on sale like any normal ticketed event? Instead of all this ballot and casting crap.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    More ridiculous stunts on how to get tickets:
    MTV have joined forces with Glasgow School of Art to create giant logos for the EMA Awards at the Hydro. As well as promoting the big event the designs will form part of an interactive treasure hunt that will give fans one of the last chances to get their hands on tickets to the bash.
    http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/whats-on/music-nightlife-news/mtv-team-up-glasgow-school-4481693

With regards to the 'casting' stunt more info has come out. It basically is like auditioning to be on Big Brother! You're put in front of a panel of judges and you have to be weird and wacky. F*cks sake!

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/scottish-news/mtv-wants-2000-scots-music-4473694

Do i have time to be going on some random interactive search all over Glasgow? No.
    Do i want to have to 'audition' to get tickets? No.

What a mess!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Does anyone have tickets for this yet? It's 4 days away and i'm still looking. I think i've got no chance of attending this now. I really hate the way they've handled the ticket allocation for this.

I see tickets are being flogged on Glasgow Gumtree for £300 upwards to £1500 which is just crazy money and i don't have that kind of money on me. I did see one seller selling 4 tickets for £25 which was an absolute bargain but yet again i missed it as this happened yesterday. I'm just not having any luck at all!

My only chance was the ballot but i missed registration so was unable to apply. There was the Big Brother style casting for 2000 folk at the weekend who had to audition for tickets and now there's these MTV statues that are popping up in 'cool' places in Glasgow and all you have to do is take a selfie of you or you and your friends standing beside the statue and you've got a chance of winning tickets - the catch? You have to have an Instagram account and must post the selfie on Instagram. Oh, and there's only 1 winner. Yes, just 1 person will win tickets!

There's just nothing but stunts yet normal music fans who don't want to play these stupid games and just want to buy a normal ticket the normal way have got no opportunity of going.

I really hope someone from MTV UK is reading this!
  • Stuart1000Stuart1000 Posts: 1,275
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I agree that the tickets for this have been shockingly handled. They've really screwed over Glaswegian music fans.

There was no need to run a ballot for the tickets. I know that they did this to make it fairer but they just made people frustrated and upset at being unable to get tickets. A normal ticket release would have meant that people who really wanted tickets could have tried to get their hands on them. No more upset or frustration than normal after a big ticket onsale.

If you were successful in the ballot, you were sent a code to allow you to buy tickets. These codes were then being sold on eBay, Gumtree and Twitter for up to £100. How did this make it fairer? After the initial ticket allocation for the ballot failed to sell out, more people were chosen at random to receive codes but the tickets still failed to sell out. All this time, there are many thousands of people who would be so grateful for a pair of tickets wanting to buy them but simply unable to.

I had friends who were working at the casting at the weekend and said that it wasn't busy at all. Everyone who turned up at least got free standing tickets and those who did really well in their 'audition' also got wristbands for the red carpet. My friend said that roughly 200 people turned up on the Saturday and 400 on Sunday. Hardly the 2,000 tickets they had up for grabs! I understand that they want enthusiastic people on the floor if they're going to be on camera but I don't really know how they expected 2,000 people to traipse all the way down to The Hydro on a weekend to *possibly* receive tickets. If they'd said that simply turning up would get you standing tickets, they'd probably have filled all 2,000 places relatively quickly.

Yesterday, they put all remaining tickets on public sale (including some standing tickets that they had previously said would only be available through the casting!) but gave no advance warning and simply did it through an email sent to those unsuccessful in the ballot. Additionally, the tickets that went on sale yesterday were better seats than those who were successful in the initial ballot were sold! Finally, four days before the event, the tickets sold out after an hour of this public on sale. With no advance warning, it seems to have (yet again!) been a lottery in whether you checked your emails quickly enough to be told that you could buy tickets.

I can't really complain. I have tickets for Sunday's event plus the Biffy Clyro/Slash co-headline show MTV are putting on tomorrow night. But the entire ticketing process for this could've been handled so much better.
  • ScottishWoodyScottishWoody Posts: 23,237
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I was desperate for tickets, sadly the only option I got to buy them, on Thursday, I was too late in checking my emails :(
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Stuart1000 wrote: »
    I agree that the tickets for this have been shockingly handled. They've really screwed over Glaswegian music fans.

There was no need to run a ballot for the tickets. I know that they did this to make it fairer but they just made people frustrated and upset at being unable to get tickets. A normal ticket release would have meant that people who really wanted tickets could have tried to get their hands on them. No more upset or frustration than normal after a big ticket onsale.

Absolutely agree with this. No need to make it so 'exclusive' just because it's bloody MTV! Should have been handled as a normal ticket sale.
    If you were successful in the ballot, you were sent a code to allow you to buy tickets. These codes were then being sold on eBay, Gumtree and Twitter for up to £100. How did this make it fairer? After the initial ticket allocation for the ballot failed to sell out, more people were chosen at random to receive codes but the tickets still failed to sell out. All this time, there are many thousands of people who would be so grateful for a pair of tickets wanting to buy them but simply unable to.

People were actually selling codes for the ballot?! That's shocking. Wow, i had no idea about this! Tout central or what?!
    If I had friends who were working at the casting at the weekend and said that it wasn't busy at all. Everyone who turned up at least got free standing tickets and those who did really well in their 'audition' also got wristbands for the red carpet. My friend said that roughly 200 people turned up on the Saturday and 400 on Sunday. Hardly the 2,000 tickets they had up for grabs! I understand that they want enthusiastic people on the floor if they're going to be on camera but I don't really know how they expected 2,000 people to traipse all the way down to The Hydro on a weekend to *possibly* receive tickets. If they'd said that simply turning up would get you standing tickets, they'd probably have filled all 2,000 places relatively quickly.

I knew this was just a cheap stunt. From reading about it in the Daily Record and Sun they made it sound like as if 2000 people all came down to Glasgow to the casting and all 2000 got tickets. Thanks for the honesty. 600 folk eh, what a joke!
    Yesterday, they put all remaining tickets on public sale (including some standing tickets that they had previously said would only be available through the casting!) but gave no advance warning and simply did it through an email sent to those unsuccessful in the ballot. Additionally, the tickets that went on sale yesterday were better seats than those who were successful in the initial ballot were sold! Finally, four days before the event, the tickets sold out after an hour of this public on sale. With no advance warning, it seems to have (yet again!) been a lottery in whether you checked your emails quickly enough to be told that you could buy tickets..

I didn't know about this. If i had, i would have snapped up tickets in a flash! But yet again they turn it into a mockery. I was unable to apply for registration for the ballot in time therefore i wouldn't have received any email from anyone and like you said they gave no promotion or advertising they were actually doing this so how could i have known this was going to happen? It wasn't in any of the papers or even reported online on MTV website that this was happening. Other people like me in my situation would have been clueless too!
    But the entire ticketing process for this could've been handled so much better.

Jesus Christ! If everything you've said is correct, what a f*cking shambles! I'm just gonna watch it on Ch5 now. Can't be arsed with all the hassle and i'm not paying ticket tout prices. I see tickets are still being sold on Glasgow Gumtree for £300 - £700+.