Most and least attractive speaking voices

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 68,508
Forum Member
✭✭
Inspired by the threads in other parts of the forum about Amy Childs (whose voice made my ears bleed) - who has had the loveliest voice in BB history? And who has not?

I haven't got a list of CBB housemates handy to remind myself, but out of normal BB:

Nicest voices:
1. Shabby
2. Noirin
3. Rex

Worst voices:
1. BB7 Lisa
2. BB13 Chris
3. Marco.

Comments

• staceyxxx23staceyxxx23 Posts: 12,549
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Most: Caroline Wharram.
  • honeythewitchhoneythewitch Posts: 37,237
    Forum Member
    Inspired by the threads in other parts of the forum about Amy Childs (whose voice made my ears bleed) - who has had the loveliest voice in BB history? And who has not?

I haven't got a list of CBB housemates handy to remind myself, but out of normal BB:

Nicest voices:
    1. Shabby
    2. Noirin
    3. Rex

Worst voices:
    1. BB7 Lisa
    2. BB13 Chris
    3. Marco.

Nice.
    Cameron.
    Roberto.
    Nikki.

Terrible.
    Sophie BB4
    Becky Hannon.
    Jodie Marsh.
  • Jungle CatsJungle Cats Posts: 765
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    best: Victor

worst: Nadia
  • ValWValW Posts: 1,782
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oof I don't have a good enough memory to compile a definitive list but, even if I did, several of this year's would be at either extreme.

Chris - absolutely beautiful. I really hope his acting career takes him down the road of narrating documentaries, I could listen to him for hours. :blush: I loved Christopher's as well, I'm not normally a fan of Northern Irish accents but his has a lovely rural lilt.

On the other hand I found Helen, Ashleigh and Mark like nails down a blackboard! Kimberley was just depressingly dull and monotonous. Toya became extremely annoying after the show when she started putting on some sort of gangsta princess voice or whatever she thought she was playing at.

From other years, my favourite local voice is Deana's - a nice, respectable suburban West Midlands twang coloured with an Indian lilt. Helen Adams has my favourite comedy voice, that sing-song Welsh accent always made her delivery even funnier! :D
  • Scout66Scout66 Posts: 5,576
    Forum Member
    My favorite BB voices are Dan BB5 an Rex. Liam has a lovely voice as well.

Probably not the worst BB voice but Josie's voice got on my nerves and still does.
  • Paul WilsonPaul Wilson Posts: 5,108
    Forum Member
    Interesting....
    Nicest Grace from big brother seven, defo. I'm not sure if its just me, but I found her voice sexy as hell.
    Least attractive? Gotta go with big brother 13's Caroline's sneery tones...
  • PitmanPitman Posts: 28,495
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    best Shabnam from BB13, she spoke proper :cool: without sounding like an arrogant sloane like Caroline :p

worst Mark and his mutilation of the scouse accent, turning three-syllable words into twenty three syllable's :p
  • big brother 9big brother 9 Posts: 18,153
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Nicest voices:
    1. Shabby
    2. Noirin
    3. Rex

Worst voices:
    1. BB7 Lisa
    2. BB13 Chris
    3. Marco.

I'd agree with this but instead of chris I'd add the bloke from dewsbury who was bbfs with lisa
  • Paul WilsonPaul Wilson Posts: 5,108
    Forum Member
    Oh and before I forget Bea's voice put me in mind of a quote from Frasier 'The man's voice, so sickly sweet, you wonder if he has in fact graduated from Harvard or some mind controlling cult.'
  • miaowmiaow Posts: 8,495
    Forum Member
    I think the list of unattractive voices could be quite long :D Chantelle Houghton I found like nails down a blackboard (I'm counting her as a non celeb for this), Chris BB13 for sure, Becky Hannon, Lesley Sanderson, Corin, Josie, John James, Craig BB6...

Nice voices - Richard BB7, Adam BB13 and in a supervillain/Carry On film way, Derek Laud :D
  • meglosmurmursmeglosmurmurs Posts: 35,108
    Forum Member
    I find it greatly depends what the housemate is saying and who it is whether I find their voice annoying.

Some potentially irritating voices I find funny if I like the housemate.

Though I notice no-one's mentioned Luke yet, now there's a voice I couldn't do with listening to all the time.
    I actually find Rex's pretty grim aswell.
  • jeanojjeanoj Posts: 21,852
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Best
    Rex
    Freddie
    Ben

Worse
    David (Dewsbury)
    Marco
    Mark (The Liverpool one)
  • big brother 9big brother 9 Posts: 18,153
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'd agree with this but instead of chris I'd add the bloke from dewsbury who was bbfs with lisa
    jeanoj wrote: »
    Best
    Rex
    Freddie
    Ben

Worse
    David (Dewsbury)
    Marco
    Mark (The Liverpool one)

That's the one....David from dewsbury. .........talk about common
  • The AmbassadorThe Ambassador Posts: 5,631
    Forum Member
    Regional northern accents don't appear to be popular.

There's a shocker.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 68,508
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

There's a shocker.

Someone has nominated Liam as having one of the nicest voices. BB7 Jonathan (from Keswick) had a very nice voice. And though the Liverpool accent is not famously gorgeous, Stephanie McMichael made it sound damn sexy.
  • honeythewitchhoneythewitch Posts: 37,237
    Forum Member

There's a shocker.

I am the opposite. I thought David from Dewsbury's voice was lovely, but the "southern drone" of Kate Lawler goes right through me.

Nikki BB7's voice was fascinating because of the way she eeee-non-cee-ated every syllable with gusto!
  • Corey WebsterCorey Webster Posts: 1,490
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If we combined every voice of every person in the world, it would resonate in the sound of yourself.

Each has it own part in the orchestra. :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,391
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    One of the voices of Big Brother in BB5, the one that sounded like she was straight from a dodgy late night, premium rate phone number.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    One of the voices of Big Brother in BB5, the one that sounded like she was straight from a dodgy late night, premium rate phone number.

.Del..
  • wazzyboywazzyboy Posts: 13,346
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Most of these postings seem to be about accent rather than voice.

Though I suppose it's likely people respond to a combination.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    wazzyboy wrote: »
    Most of these postings seem to be about accent rather than voice.

Though I suppose it's likely people respond to a combination.

Yes, true. Though I did think that Rex's slow, deep voice was sexy. MC Romeo in CBB had the same kind of thing going, though his accent was completely different.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I am the opposite. I thought David from Dewsbury's voice was lovely, but the "southern drone" of Kate Lawler goes right through me.!

a drone is a drone wherever it comes from, this year we had the Northern drone of the model. what was his name, the one that hung onto Helen for ten weeks and wore a wooly hat? :cool:

Winstons's mate, what was his bloody name? :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ash :D that's it :cool:
  • FizzbinFizzbin Posts: 36,827
    Forum Member
    Best: Ben, Nasty Nick, Alex, Rachel, Shell or Lesley

Worst: Mark Byron, Spiral, Bubble, Josie, Kathreya or Alexandra
  • meglosmurmursmeglosmurmurs Posts: 35,108
    Forum Member
    I think my favourite BB housemate's voice has been Imogen. I could listen to her rant in the diary room over and over again.