A Thread For Anyone, Any Gigs, and A More General Discussion of Everything (Part 4)

Comments

• Hav_mor91Hav_mor91 Posts: 17,183
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Tell me about it CNBC, just finished a journal arrival review, now an essay on the counter reformation a presentation, literature review and countless readings and seminar reports all the way to the 11th 😂.
  • mimicolemimicole Posts: 50,908
    Forum Member
    Curled up in bed watching "Frozen" :)
  • cnbcwatchercnbcwatcher Posts: 56,681
    Forum Member
    Hav_mor91 wrote: »
    Tell me about it CNBC, just finished a journal arrival review, now an essay on the counter reformation a presentation, literature review and countless readings and seminar reports all the way to the 11th 😂.

That's what life is like for me as a Masters student! You'd better work bitch :p I've to do my essays over Christmas but I don't mind that :p L.A. and I are still together :D I'm gonna be working with her on Wednesday afternoon at the college's postgrad open day.
  • Multimedia81Multimedia81 Posts: 82,408
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    mimicole wrote: »
    Not enjoying the new job, Truth?

I do have short days. Three or three and a half hours. It's nothing, really. I've got a 5 hour shift next week to cover for someone who can't come in.

Yes, I thought I'd seen you post here immediately after work. I guess that if your day drags you have DS to look forward to. I think I am used to fewer but longer DS sessions instead.

Following the Birchwood gig on Thursday, I have come to like Taylor Swift's song Shake It Off more, as I so enjoyed Olivia Archbold singing it! Lola's songs were some from X Factor rather than anything current.
    Forum Member
    Evening!
    Forum Member
    Evening

How are you all?
    Forum Member
    I'm really stressed out :( Mum's getting fed up with me. I'm going on a trip next week and students have to organise their own travel but mum thinks the trip is badly organised. Hang on, I'm a Masters student now, not a schoolkid! She treats me like a child >:( I can see myself having another breakdown. And of course Christmas is coming up and she's gonna distract me with it when I have a shedload of essays and learning journals to do.
    Forum Member
    Where is everyone?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Have you maybe considered leaving home CNBC and moving In with course mates :)?
    Forum Member
    Evening cnbc :)

That 5 hour shift felt like 10. Glad to be home. I have an interview tomorrow which has the potential to be a full time job. Hopefully I get it and then I can get out of retail before Christmas is here.

How are you all?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Good luck with it Mimi :), good thanks.
    Forum Member
    Good luck with it Mimi :), good thanks.

Thanks, Hav.

What is everyone up to?
    Forum Member
    Have you maybe considered leaving home CNBC and moving In with course mates :)?

Well I've been considering moving out for ages but mum said I can't til I get a job. I don't know if any of my classmates would have any rooms free. Maybe I should ask them. The next thing I need to do is learn to drive. Anyway tomorrow's my big day :D I've got my session at the postgrad open day tomorrow ;-) Can't wait!
    Forum Member
    Morning.

We're supposed to have people fitting triple glazing in our house today. They were supposed to show up at 9:30 and they've only just arrived.

I'm curled up in bed watching "Pitch Perfect". I'm having a film day. I'm going out later on for my interview but I don't need to get ready for that until 4pm.
    Forum Member
    Morning Mimi! Those workmen are rather late, huh? I'm in college getting geared up for this afternoon. Might watch some Britney videos on Youtube (or get to work bitch and do my legal capacity essay) :D
    Forum Member
    Morning Mimi! Those workmen are rather late, huh? I'm in college getting geared up for this afternoon. Might watch some Britney videos on Youtube (or get to work bitch and do my legal capacity essay) :D

They're here now and I don't think that it's going to take that long. I have our kitten in my room with me whilst they fit his cat flap. He's not allowed upstairs so he's having a little look around.

I nominate the videos for "Criminal" and "My Prerogative". Two of my favourites.
    Forum Member
    mimicole wrote: »
    They're here now and I don't think that it's going to take that long. I have our kitten in my room with me whilst they fit his cat flap. He's not allowed upstairs so he's having a little look around.

I nominate the videos for "Criminal" and "My Prerogative". Two of my favourites.

Are they doing all the windows (glass ones, not Microsoft!) in the house? How's the kitten doing? Thanks :) I might watch those. I remember there was a bit of controversy when the Criminal video was filmed in London. I watched the Dream Within A Dream Tour last night. I've got my Britney shirt and Circus Fantasy perfume on today :cool: I wore Midnight Fantasy yesterday. It's actually quite nice and it stayed on all day. I could still smell it when I went to bed.
    Forum Member
    I'm not a happy girl right now. L.A. was at the open day and she did an earlier hour so she's not with me now :cry: I was looking forward to spending an hour with her! I don't know what to so. I need cheering up.
    Forum Member
    ^ ^ :) We're here to cheer you up, cnbc. Did you go to the open day with friends?

Well, I went to the interview. I'm going to get a call in the next couple of days. I have found out that I would need to go to college to qualify. I've been out of education since I was 17 and I'm not sure that I want to go back into it. I don't know if I'd have the dedication. I was always good at keeping to deadlines and doing my coursework at school though.
    Forum Member
    Thanks :) Well some of my friends were there and I was working at the stand with a classmate. L.A. was supposed to be doing that hour and she did an earlier hour so I got stuck with The Puppetmaster for an hour. Only one potential student turned up to ask about the course. I was so bored I got my tablet out.

As for going back to education, think about it. If you enjoy it and study subjects you like you would be more motivated. It might be hard in the beginning but after a while it wouldn't be a problem. I know people who went back to university after being in work for several years and they have no problem. In fact some of them do better in exams than the youngsters :D
    Forum Member
    Afternoon :p
  • TheTruth1983TheTruth1983 Posts: 13,462
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Drained

Debating with illiberal liberals is exhausting :D
    Forum Member
    What were you discussing with then Truth?
    Forum Member
    Evening

What a day! I was only meant to be in for three hours and I got asked to do the entire day two hours in. Glad to be home, that's for sure. I have three hours tomorrow as well. I'm hoping to see the money add up. Need to get my P45 to the job centre soon so that I'm not charged emergency tax again. It's bloody ridiculous.

How are you all?
    Forum Member
    Evening Mimi! Today was better.went to L.A.'s office again this morning to let her know about the open say. She said no students turned up while she was there either. She also told me she doesn't have psychic powers :p