The Rihanna Appreciation Thread

musicdudemusicdude Posts: 8,939
Forum Member
Rihanna is back after almost a year out.

To celebrate her return with her new album, we need to show this barbados beauty some love with an appreciation thread.

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 20,096
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Rated R is her best album by far.
    Am playing it along with GaGa's album non stop.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,433
    Forum Member
    I'm sure there is already an appreciation thread...:confused:

However, I love rihanna, :) Will deffinately be getting her album when I have money, failing that, it'll be going on my xmas list :D
  • musicdudemusicdude Posts: 8,939
    Forum Member
    If their is an appreciation thread, then why isn't it being appreciated by being posted frequently.

Rated R is my favourite r&b album of the year. All this "she sounds suicidal crap" is nonsense. This is dark edgy R&B without making it suicidal. Ne yo promised us a different Rihanna and he was right. I think this album has truly shown what GGGB showed us in which she is one of the best R&B females around without a doubt next to Beyonce.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 554
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Although the people expecting monster pop hits like 'Umbrella' and 'Don't Stop The Music' are bound to be disappointed, I think 'Rated R' is by far her best album to date. This is her first album which is more than just a few great singles followed by a load of bland, generic R'n'B filler, and even if it doesn't perform as well commercially as 'Good Girl Gone Bad', she deserves credit for making one of the most solid pop albums of the year.
  • Tfan26Tfan26 Posts: 6,829
    Forum Member
    Russian Roulette and Please Don't Stop The Music are my favourites
  • KnowAll27KnowAll27 Posts: 2,639
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's a terrific album, and Russian Roulette is an excellent dong. I downloaded it last night and have listened to the whole album twice now.

However, I'm not sure if it's as much of a 'singles' album as GGGB; I can't see as many of the tracks from RR charting as well as the singles from GGGB did.
  • chanellexchanellex Posts: 1,007
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What a shame it's flopped. :( I quite like a few songs on it. Lets hope this X Factor performance sparks some interest.
  • MikePJBMikePJB Posts: 5,514
    Forum Member
    I love all her albums and hope that in the long run 'Rated R' Will sell well. I was thinking of starting an appreciation thread for Rihanna, looks like you beat me to it lol.
  • chrisagw4chrisagw4 Posts: 3,743
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    After her performance on the x factor tonight, Russian Roulette and Rated R will surely climb up the charts ;)
    so not all hope is lost :D
  • timperry26timperry26 Posts: 1,735
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I like her
    She experiments with different styles of music which is good
    Great Variety

Think she is gonna do a collaboration with Jay Sean
  • MikePJBMikePJB Posts: 5,514
    Forum Member
    Anyone thinking of going to her concert? She said tonight on the X-Factor that they go on sale in about 2 weeks?
    Forum Member
    I really hope this album doesn't flop. Though everything seems to have been rushed. :eek: :(
  • DEADLY_17DEADLY_17 Posts: 9,262
    Forum Member
    Can't beleive how bad it's done!!! :( no.16!!! WTF wrong with people Rated R is just fantastic, after her xfactor performance it should enter top 10

But I can't beleive how bad it's done
    Forum Member
    I haven't seen a television advert for it, maybe that is part of the reason. I don't think it was very well thought out, the promotion side of it. :(
  • DEADLY_17DEADLY_17 Posts: 9,262
    Forum Member
    Yeah, what's wrong with American promo Madonna, Britney now rihanna WTF!!!!! Seriously, Rated won't go no.1 :(
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 64
    Forum Member
    Here's her X Factor performance
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DsDVW7bKfPI
  • glyn9799glyn9799 Posts: 7,391
    Forum Member
    I bought Rated R last Monday along with about 5 other albums (Lady GaGa, Janet, Mariah...) but i didn't really get around to listening to it until yesterday. I love it! Much darker than her previous albums.

Also, I have a new found love for Russian Roulette after seeing her performance lastnight on X Factor. Her vocals have really improved these past couple of years
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6
    Forum Member
    She cant sing at all!
    You know that right...
    Very very lucky...
    Forum Member
    Just picked up Good Girl Gone Bad:Reloaded for £3.99 from HMV :) Love that album :D
  • Randomguy83Randomguy83 Posts: 16,879
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    DEADLY_17 wrote: »
    Can't beleive how bad it's done!!! :( no.16!!! WTF wrong with people Rated R is just fantastic, after her xfactor performance it should enter top 10

I think it's a big shock, she gets loads of press attention, loads of radio support and is following up a big album and it limps into the charts at 16 :eek:. RR was a poor single choice, it's good song but nothing special. Cold case love can help turn things around IMO as it's different to what people will expect and it's got a real haunting melody and lyrics to match.
    Forum Member
    I think she should release 'Hard'. :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7
    Forum Member
    DEADLY_17 wrote: »

WTF is wrong with people? Maybe people are just sick of all the satanic stuff in her videos:) Glad if thats the case.
  • musicdudemusicdude Posts: 8,939
    Forum Member
    I think her album hasn't done well yet because of how the release schedule is going with her at the moment

Her album should have been released over here this week. But with a great performance of doing Roulette (and if you noticed she soon made sure us viewers knew that not only the single but the album was out as well) then hopefully it rises.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 99
    Forum Member
    I think it's a big shock, she gets loads of press attention, loads of radio support and is following up a big album and it limps into the charts at 16 :eek:. RR was a poor single choice, it's good song but nothing special. Cold case love can help turn things around IMO as it's different to what people will expect and it's got a real haunting melody and lyrics to match.

Releasing CCL next, let alone at all, would kill this era dead in its tracks. Russian Roulette is more radio-friendly and it hasn't exacntly smashed worldwide like everyone expected her to. RR should have been released alot later, 'Hard' was the obvious lead, hopefully it can pick things up for her in the US because in the UK, RR seems to actually be doing quite well chart-wise, not sure how much longevity its going to have though.
  • Taz93Taz93 Posts: 13,315
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Loved her performance on X Factor last night. I don't have the album yet so can't comment on what should be released next, but interestingly Russian Roulette is #14 on USA iTunes and Hard is #15.
This discussion has been closed.